Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sabaka
Aug 12, 2005
Thanks OP for making this thread, this will definitely help me improve my odds at interviews. So many of my jobs have come from informal interviews and networking that I've actually never had a real interview, so to say I'm rusty is an understating.

Crazyweasel posted:

Also more generally I think a big thing is don't sweat too much of the small stuff, a lot of us here probably have half the OP down because we are normal human beings who interact with people everyday, so it would be worth your time to identify your weaknesses and start there. Kinda like all that pick up artist crap, if you are looking to see if the interviewers pupils dialate as a sign they like you, you probably need to reevaluate yourself.

There are a lot of natural behaviors that are inappropriate for an interview setting so I don't think it's wise to just chill out and hope for the best. When your career is on the line it's a good time to sweat the small stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread