Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well it depends - if you want to go for points you can do your speedpainted model, take a few pictures as you go and you're on the board with 10 points for the first month. In the last thread there were some folks in the top ten separated by just a point! But if you're not worried about that and relish a challenge...go on and do a speedpainted model (you get a point for doing the speedpainting challenge, too!).

Tadhg - cool...didn't realize how little I know about WH Fantasy until I started following that thread! Sorry 'bout that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Goddammit, Sushi, approve my Oath so that I can start painting it! Daylight's a-wasting!
___/
:byodood:

Also, I might have some goons from my gaming group joining the Oath thread this year. They seem excited by the prospect.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
So I understand that models need to be only basecoated or primed to qualify as starting oaths, but what if I've primed different parts of the same model white and black? So I need to prime it all black and then re-prime the wings of my model white again?

e: I'm going to oath something else this month so I get off on the right foot, having never oathed before.

I, Zhent, oath that I will paint these 2 Games Workshop Space Marine Attack Bikes as my first official Oath. Look, a Baby!

Zhent fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 2, 2013

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I JesusIsTehCool, as my first oath ever, oath to paint 10 Games Workshop Assault Marines and 1 Privateer Press Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia for the month of May

The jump packs are not GW, I bought them off some guy on ebay cause I thought they looked cool

Edit: Just saw the part about no body parts in the pics hope this works better

JesusIsTehCool fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 1, 2013

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Would decorative basis count in the terrain section?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

This guy has been languising on my desk for a month or two and I've been putting off painting him, what better time to dive on in and get him painted up?

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Trollblood Dire Troll Mauler, from Privateer Press

Did I do this right? It's been a while :ohdear:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zhent posted:

So I understand that models need to be only basecoated or primed to qualify as starting oaths, but what if I've primed different parts of the same model white and black? So I need to prime it all black and then re-prime the wings of my model white again?

I know you've already oathed something else, but in general when something like this comes up you can post the picture of the model with the timestamp and let Sole.Sushi make the call. If you regularly do pre-shading and stuff with different colored primers it's probably best to just post a picture of the model before putting any primer on it, though.

Lethemonster posted:

Would decorative basis count in the terrain section?

If you mean like resin bases (SUCH AS FROM OUR SPONSOR DRAGONFORGE) no those don't count as terrain, they're just bases. Paint them up and add whatever detail you want and they count for the extra point for basing though.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Leperflesh posted:

You are correct. You can of course do more than one, but each goon who completes one or more Alternate Universe oath, gets one and only one entry in a prize drawing specifically for the alternate universe oaths. And you can start them at any time and finish them at any time before the end of next April.

e. Just saw krushedgroove's response. The above is how I interpreted the rule; unless the other organizers disagree strongly, I think this is how we'll treat it going forward.

Thanks! To be clear, I am still planning to do regular monthly oaths. What happened last year was that I had a couple of larger projects that I never thought I could get done, and so they kept getting postponed in favor of more manageable tasks (specifically, I have a bunch of tanks to turn into Trukks and Battlewagons). It seems like this year I can use the Alternative Universe to commit to these sorts of larger projects, which is pretty awesome.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Golly that's a nice OP, I can't wait to actually be able to get in for this once Uni is over in May.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Babby's first Oath :3:

I Hixson, oath to paint 6 harlequins for the month of May. All GW.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, oath pGrissel and pNemo for the month of May

Also, thanks for the great thread and OP!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Here we go!

I, Red Shoe, oath 6 Press Gangers for May
These are Privateer Press models.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
I, Mr.Booger, oath that I will paint these 6 Prussian Grenadiers and 2 officers by Old Glory 15s (15mm)

ooh question, do you want the WIPs all at the end with the complete pic, or throughout the process just in the thread?

Mr.Booger fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 2, 2013

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Dumb question out of the way: do molded bases a la Dragonforge count towards the basing requirements? :ohdear:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Yes, I am here to ruin all your hopes again. Yessir. Actually, I got a bit of a personal thing to get off my chest:
As some of you may recall, some people found my hard-nosed demeanor a bit acerbic, and I believe I've done a good job of scaling back the rear end in a top hat levels while maintaining a dignified authority of accept, deny or check on. I'm gonna try and continue that trend here. We got a lot of people excited for this, so naturally the last thing we need is drama; if I ask for an update on progress or a reshoot, don't take it personally--I want you to get points, so me checking is quite honestly me helping you out! Naturally, I'm not perfect (far from it), but I'm here to help you all out. Until I get to judgment, at least, then I'm gonna be a total bastard. :v: And, I'd also like to make three promises to all of you:
First, I promise to make fewer mistakes, or at the very least, promise to try.
Second, I promise to warn all you three-color primers out there to please take your AP photo before you put down your second color. As someone who does multi-layer priming as well, it's a fair warning. And, speaking of that, that was your warning!
And lastly, I promise that before the year is done I will hate every single one of you! grow to love every single one of you. :v:

With all that said, let's have a good year and for all our painters, bring your A-game! BRING IT!

Also Krushgroove fix that OP bro there's bold on everything! :v:

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, oath pGrissel and pNemo for the month of May

ineptmule posted:

ineptmule oaths three Fire Warriors, one Stealth Suit, one Shield Drone and two Kroot!

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Oath "Bergil," "Hassle," "Freak," and "Demon" from Hasslefree miniatures.

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, Oath 5 Stormboyz, 2 Cyborks, 1 Runtherd and a Dethrolla. All are GW.

BrotherCaptain Quad posted:

I BrotherCaptain Quad hereby Oath 5 kitbashed Ork Big Gunz (all bits from GW)

Mt. ORourke posted:

I Oath 1 Skorne Mammoth for May from Privateer Press

Zhent posted:

I, Zhent, oath that I will paint these 2 Games Workshop Space Marine Attack Bikes as my first official Oath. Look, a Baby!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I JesusIsTehCool, as my first oath ever, oath to paint 10 Games Workshop Assault Marines and 1 Privateer Press Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia for the month of May

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Trollblood Dire Troll Mauler, from Privateer Press

Hixson posted:

I Hixson, oath to paint 6 harlequins for the month of May. All GW.

Khadhul posted:

I Khadhul, for the month of May, Oath to paint one Stormblade Superheavy tank

TheBlobThing posted:

I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint 3 Death Korps of Krieg platoon command squad guardsmen for the month of May! Edit: My models are from the Forgeworld branch of Games Workshop!

Pash posted:

I, Pash, oath that I will paint 5 Foundry Men at Arms (being used as Warhammer Battle Pilgrims) and 1 GW Bretonnian Knight of the Realm for the month of May!

Tadhg posted:

I Tadhg, swear a fell Oath of Ten Glade Guard, One Spellsinger, and One Necron Lord. Games Workshop Warhammer Fantasy and 40k line.

Red Shoe posted:

I, Red Shoe, oath 6 Press Gangers for May These are Privateer Press models.

Mr.Booger posted:

I, Mr.Booger, oath that I will paint these 6 Prussian Grenadiers and 2 officers by Old Glory 15s (15mm)

Accepted. You may notice a new format: this is intentional, as it makes it nice and easy for Krushgroove to filter my posts and see what you all oathed specifically. Very important: If you alter your oath in any way, please make note of it. A simple "I will be adding the following for the month" as a preface, just so I see it, would be absolutely delightful.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I, Asphyxious, oath two Warhammer Fantasy Trolls.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I, Swagger Dagger, as my first oath ever, oath to complete the Cult of December box set (Rasputina, Ice Golem, 3 Ice Gamin) from Wyrd Miniature's Malifaux.

I also pledge to take future pictures with my for-real camera and not my phone.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Thagrosh, The prophet and his entourage of a Scythean, Angelius, and Ravagore from Privateer Press

do 3 50mm and one 40mm base models count towards the "Theme" prize?

Also Sole.Sushi you never replied when I asked what I did for the Guild Harmony model in the last thread. I am curious.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Looking forward to all the new and improved stuff we'll see this season! But if Sushi's going to tone it back does that mean I should kick it up a notch? I can always bring out judging Hell's Kitchen Style:

"You call that a layer of primer?!? It's like you've put icing on a cake!"

"You're supposed to be dotting the eye's, not the whole alphabet!" :pwn:

"Kit bash? Heavy on the bash I see..."

Hopefully I can clear this table of mid-way projects I've got on the go, so I can do some oaths along side you guys!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Hopefully I can clear this table of mid-way projects I've got on the go, so I can do some oaths along side you guys!

Don't let that stop you. I have a lord riding a half painted horse and 6 High Elf Swordmasters that just need a couple things done. I actually am planning to do that stuff on top of my oath...

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
I, KamNZ, oath that I will paint these 5 Games Workshop Grey Knight Interceptors. Look, a Baby!

I appreciate that using a silver primer for GKs means I'm mostly done, but I promise to bumble through multiple layers of washes, glazes and highlights for minimal effect all the same.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: Thagrosh, The prophet and his entourage of a Scythean, Angelius, and Ravagore from Privateer Press

do 3 50mm and one 40mm base models count towards the "Theme" prize?

Also Sole.Sushi you never replied when I asked what I did for the Guild Harmony model in the last thread. I am curious.

You're all good for the theme prize. The three 50mm dudes look big enough and the smaller guy tips it over to certainty.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

I, Asphyxious, oath two Warhammer Fantasy Trolls.

Swagger Dagger posted:

I, Swagger Dagger, as my first oath ever, oath to complete the Cult of December box set (Rasputina, Ice Golem, 3 Ice Gamin) from Wyrd Miniature's Malifaux.

KamNZ posted:

I, KamNZ, oath that I will paint these 5 Games Workshop Grey Knight Interceptors. Look, a Baby!

:getin: (I may use this in place of "accepted" from now on. Doubtful, but you never know!)

Ledgem posted:

I didn't even see that you asked! :v: it's because you put in a lot of good effort, but fell just short of prize winnings, so I felt it best to recognize your accomplishments with a mini.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bhsman posted:

Dumb question out of the way: do molded bases a la Dragonforge count towards the basing requirements? :ohdear:

They'd have to be painted, but yeah. Standard 'blank' bases have to be coated with sand and painted, or flocked to count as 'based', so a molded base should at least be painted to be completed.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Hell yes new oath thread! Awesome OP krushgroove. Time to get stuck in!

I, Fuegan, oath to complete 3 Plague Toads from the Games Workshop range as my first oath!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Pash posted:

Don't let that stop you. I have a lord riding a half painted horse and 6 High Elf Swordmasters that just need a couple things done. I actually am planning to do that stuff on top of my oath...

If it was just a few guys I'd gladly move on. But I have 30 orks in pieces across my painting station taking up the majority of the space, all because I wasn't happy with how my original yellow looked. Had to break them apart to get it all the right scheme too for some stupid reason. But I've got a ton of ork, marine and Malifaux stuff to keep me well into this year and next! Just need to finish this so I have a clear station!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fuegan posted:

Hell yes new oath thread! Awesome OP krushgroove. Time to get stuck in!

Thanks! Have to give cheesy credits to all the other helpers that got stuck in as well, if anyone is that interested I put something in the last post of the OP about all that. Everyone had to put up with many an email from me...

Tadhg posted:

Also, I might have some goons from my gaming group joining the Oath thread this year. They seem excited by the prospect.

Sweet - the more the merrier!

Sole.Sushi posted:

Also Krushgroove fix that OP bro there's bold on everything! :v:

Fixed, good sir!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Fuegan posted:

I, Fuegan, oath to complete 3 Plague Toads from the Games Workshop range as my first oath!

:getin: (this was oddly appropriate.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Edit: I figured out the issue (google Sheets is loving stupid about row border settings).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 2, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Sole.Sushi posted:

:getin: (this was oddly appropriate.)

The worst part is I now have to go to work and can't start painting for about 10 hours :ohdear:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Do the responsible thing and quit your job so you can paint.

Wait. No, I'm sorry, do the responsible thing and quit your job so you can paint for us alone. There we go.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET
on Google Docs
Krushgroove, please add a link to it somewhere in the OP.

I will start filling in the first names tomorrow, because it's 1 AM already. Also I still need to figure out where to put the Look, a Baby! column, and probably I missed at least one prize or contest somewhere (there's just SO MANY) but I did clever things with cross-references and I'm going to make points totalling automated and other cool stuff.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Krushgroove, please add a link to it somewhere in the OP.

added! I know the points and mini-competitions are all quite complex so thanks again for taking on this mammoth task!

thiswayliesmadness, I'll be getting in touch with you soon to talk slideshows!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I Friendly Fire, do hereby Oath 5 High Elf Swordmasters from Games Workshop

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just FYI, I clarified the Get Based Out mini-competition so that it's for ONE base only during the year. The previous wording was ambiguous whether you could enter multiple times or just once.

I also just added the sponsor logos to the prizes section to add a bit more color and get more coverage for our generous corporate sponsors!

:siren: ALERT :siren: ALERT :siren:
I want to put a call out for any goons that want to put up some cold hard cash for prizes for your fellow goons. I'm trying to get prizes for the various categories like Diorama, Display Board, etc., and if any goons want to donate gift certificates/vouchers or send physical products to other goons that win these mini-competitions, let me know. I also want to give an as-yet-unannounced prize for a random First Time Oather (to be drawn at the end of the season), so there's an opportunity to give something for that.

I'll be ponying up more stuff (or a gift cert) for one goon who has donated prizes, whether it's for the grab bag or one of the gift vouchers, so this is a way to possibly win back what you've donated and get a bit of profit!

PM me or email at krushgroove169 at gmail if you're interested. It's first-come, first-served on these, so if you want to donate something in particular for a certain mini-competition or random draw get in touch quick! You don't have to send anything right now, if you pledge now I just need your contact details so I can get in touch at the end of the season.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath that I will paint 6 Riders of Rohan (not official) from Copplestone Castings 10mm fantasy line for the month of May!

Awwww! a BABY! First-time oathing? You get a point!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The thread is now stickied!

Thanks Winson!

Alright everyone - make sure to cross-post your completed models to your various threads to get some interest.

There's a just-announced prize draw for one of the new-for-this-year oathers, just as extra incentive to get some fresh blood in here, so tell yo' friends, tell yo' players, etc., etc.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Just because my Bones haven't gotten here doesn't mean I can't dig out a thing or two from the closet...

I, Cyster, oath a Paranoia Troubleshooter Team from (yes, really) Mongoose Publishing as Baby's First Oath!

I've had these sitting around for approximately seven years. Time to do something with 'em!

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

New oath thread, new crew-

I, Forkbanger, oath 3 Ronin and a Convict Gunslinger from Wyrd miniatures.

click to embiggen

I'm starting as I mean to go on, with wonky photographs and questionable focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
New Oath thread, new contestant!

I, Slimnoid, oath an Ork Stompa from Games Workshop, and both a Teddy and Daydreams from Wyrd miniatures.

These are both commissions, and since I have to do them this month anyway, may as well Oath'em up.

I swear I'll paint some of my own models next month, so help me god

• Locked thread