Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Alright, I'm in for another year, probably wont last, but here we go:

I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for May 5 Goblins and one piece of terrain, from GW:s The Hobbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm not going to lie these new open themes and add on themes and other poo poo is getting confusing.

Yeah, it can get confusing but just take your time reading through the rules and stuff. If you're not bothered about getting the points and entering the separate competitions like basing, diorama, etc., just post a normal oath exactly like last year, and have fun painting. For anyone who took part last time, the only thing that's changed as far as oathing is adding the company that made the model.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I, krushgroove, oath I will paint these converted Imperial Guard models from GW!
I need more cultist models so I scrounged ebay for some crappy IG models, these are suprisingly OK, especially considering how quickly I plan to paint them.
these are converted but not by me - they just arrived in the mail today

Three of these are partially painted with black primer only - this is how they came out of the box!

(just a reminder, I'm not eligible for any prizes or in the running for anything in any way - I'm oathing to get my models painted just like everyone else!)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 3, 2013

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I, Wili, oath that I will have this Shroud Mages' Intruder Class Battleship, of Spartan Games, painted by the end of May

Also, this is Baby's First Oath

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
I Matgash oath 1x Landspeeder by GW

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, it can get confusing but just take your time reading through the rules and stuff. If you're not bothered about getting the points and entering the separate competitions like basing, diorama, etc., just post a normal oath exactly like last year, and have fun painting. For anyone who took part last time, the only thing that's changed as far as oathing is adding the company that made the model.

How will the company that made the model be factored in? Will the company that made the mini be making prizes for people who do the most of their stuff or are you looking for a diverse spread of minis or what? Because I'm thinking of oathing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (with energy weapons) from Darkhorse Miniatures so I'm just curious why the manufacturer matters?

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Awwww! a BABY!

I, Kore_Fero, oath that I will paint this Choir of Menoth from Privateer Press.

I hope to get my recently purchased Menoth force fully painted by the end of this.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Skaven, by Games Workshop

Awwww, it's a baby!

Personal Quest

This is part of a new campaign by me to improve my painting skills. The plan is based of the fact that I bought a lot of models when I was a kind, but I painted them in horrible ways. Therefore, I shall be stripping them and repainting them.

Any spots of paint seen are just the remains of the previous coat in hard to reach places, like down where the shields are, and will be painted over.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

How will the company that made the model be factored in? Will the company that made the mini be making prizes for people who do the most of their stuff or are you looking for a diverse spread of minis or what? Because I'm thinking of oathing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (with energy weapons) from Darkhorse Miniatures so I'm just curious why the manufacturer matters?

We're working on getting the companies that make the models (such as GW, Reaper, Wyrd, etc.) to supply a modest prize for a random draw that anyone who paints something from them can enter (e.g., paint a PP model, get entered into a prize draw to win something from PP, and so on). If the companies don't respond I'm working on getting prizes in some other fashion, which is why I put a call out for goons to sponsor a prize - which gets them entered into a random draw for a gift certificate I'll provide. Granted, not all model lines can be catered for - we're taking what we get - but I'm working prizes for the 'big name' companies.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

krushgroove posted:

We're working on getting the companies that make the models (such as GW, Reaper, Wyrd, etc.) to supply a modest prize for a random draw that anyone who paints something from them can enter (e.g., paint a PP model, get entered into a prize draw to win something from PP, and so on). If the companies don't respond I'm working on getting prizes in some other fashion, which is why I put a call out for goons to sponsor a prize - which gets them entered into a random draw for a gift certificate I'll provide. Granted, not all model lines can be catered for - we're taking what we get - but I'm working prizes for the 'big name' companies.

You could treat all the random old-school lines that don't fit anywhere else as one big one and have a prize for them collectively.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JoshTheStampede posted:

You could treat all the random old-school lines that don't fit anywhere else as one big one and have a prize for them collectively.

This is actually what I'd like to do, but there's the good possibility someone will complain that their RAFM mini's should have a RAFM prize or whatever (I honestly don't know if RAFM are still in business, just using the first old-school line that came to mind). But that's probably what we'll end up doing, we'll have a look at the spreadsheet and see what are the most popular lines after the first month or so. Then the issue is getting enough prizes to cover all the lines :) so far none of the companies are responding. So I'll be working with a couple of sponsors to hopefully provide something to cover the various big lines and hope some more goon donors feel generous enough.

e: before anyone tells me, I just Googled RAFM and whattya know, they are still around :) good to see

But anyway, hopefully this explains why there are so many competitions and prize draws. I think I've stepped in it with wanting to give away so many prizes! If it works out a lot of people will be getting a lot of different prizes :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 3, 2013

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
I, overthefalls, oath the following for May 2013:
24 x High Elf Archers, from Games Workshop.

They've been airbrushed with Rakarth Flesh, thus the shade on them. Single colour.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I, Zodiac5000, oath that I will paint these 5 Games Workshop Black Guard of Naggarond
Awwww, it's a baby!

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 3, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, for the month of May, oath to paint a Protectorate of Menoth Judicator Colossal from Privateer Press.

Gonna do it big for my first oath.

Do you mean, your first oath this year... or do you qualify for Aww, a Baby!?

Mr.Booger posted:

not sure if you replied about the WIP shots, so here is :

WIP #1 - Mr.Booger

It is of course fine for you to post these as you go: but, please put all your work in progress images in your Oath Complete post as well. I intend to link to people's progress pictures, but I only want to have one column for that in the spreadsheet and I don't want to put multiple links in the same cell.

Wili posted:

I, Wili, oath that I will have this Shroud Mages' Intruder Class Battleship, of Spartan Games, painted by the end of May

What's the scale of this model?

Indolent Bastard posted:

In addition to what krushgroove said, I think it'll be great to have statistics at the end of the year. We'll be able to use those when we contact sponsors; we can say things like "hey look, 18% of participants painted Privateer Press models last year... perhaps with a PP prize, we could increase visibility of your product lines in the contest." Or whatever. Having that data is also useful to track trends over time. And I just like data. mmmmm. Data.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Skaven, by Games Workshop

Awwww, it's a baby!

Personal Quest

This is part of a new campaign by me to improve my painting skills. The plan is based of the fact that I bought a lot of models when I was a kind, but I painted them in horrible ways. Therefore, I shall be stripping them and repainting them.

Any spots of paint seen are just the remains of the previous coat in hard to reach places, like down where the shields are, and will be painted over.

Those are identical to the skaven I got in my (UK version) Advanced Heroquest box game. I guess it's not surprising they just re-used the sculpts for Warhammer Quest.

Zodiac5000 posted:

I, Zodiac5000, oath that I will paint these 5 Black Guard of Naggarond
Awwww, it's a baby!

Are those Games Workshop figures, or something else?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Leperflesh posted:

Those are identical to the skaven I got in my (UK version) Advanced Heroquest box game. I guess it's not surprising they just re-used the sculpts for Warhammer Quest.

Yeah, they were lazy back.... nah, I can't finish that sentence.

I'm missing some snotlings and some rats from the box, thats all, and I think my snotlings are in my bloodbowl box....

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

krushgroove posted:

I, krushgroove, oath I will paint these converted Imperial Guard models from GW!

Denied! :v:

Wili posted:

I, Wili, oath that I will have this Shroud Mages' Intruder Class Battleship, of Spartan Games, painted by the end of May. Also, this is Baby's First Oath

Matgash posted:

I Matgash oath 1x Landspeeder by GW

Kore_Fero posted:

Awwww! a BABY! I, Kore_Fero, oath that I will paint this Choir of Menoth from Privateer Press.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Skaven, by Games Workshop. Awwww, it's a baby!

overthefalls posted:

I, overthefalls, oath the following for May 2013: 24 x High Elf Archers, from Games Workshop.

Zodiac5000 posted:

I, Zodiac5000, oath that I will paint these 5 Black Guard of Naggarond (Games Workshop). Awwww, it's a baby!

Buffalo squeeze posted:

I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for May 5 Goblins and one piece of terrain, from GW:s The Hobbit

Know what you guys are? ACCEPTED! :iceburn:

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath that I will paint (1) Garryth, Blade of Retribution (Privateer Press)
Awwww, it's a baby!

Based white, although the actual base has not been primed yet.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

"Progress shot"

I hope these show up by the end of the month.

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday
I, Turtle Dad 420, do hereby solemnly oath for the merry, merry month of May that I will paint 5 Dark Elf Spearmen, and 2 :catdrugs: Converted :catdrugs: Dark Elf Heroes.
All from the Games Workshop range.

The spearman on the far left has a bit of wash on his chainmail skirt. I hope that doesn't disqualify him, if so let me know so I can throw him away.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Leperflesh posted:

Do you mean, your first oath this year... or do you qualify for Aww, a Baby!?

Oh, thank you for that, I've edited my post to reflect this, I think I failed an oath in PaintVagrant's Warmachine/Hordes oath threads what seems like 2 years ago, but never in the larger oath threads.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

I, Turtle Dad 420, do hereby solemnly oath for the merry, merry month of May that I will paint 5 Dark Elf Spearmen, and 2 :catdrugs: Converted :catdrugs: Dark Elf Heroes.

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath that I will paint (1) Garryth, Blade of Retribution (Privateer Press)
Awwww, it's a baby!

Accepted.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Leperflesh posted:

Wili posted:

What's the scale of this model?

1/600th. It is 130 mm long.

Wili fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 4, 2013

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I, Harkano, oath that I will paint Iron Lich Asphyxious, Deathripper, Nightwretch, Leviathan, Skarlock Thrall, Warwitch Siren
Awwww, it's a baby!

15 pt Army for our Journeyman league.

Siili
Dec 27, 2012
I, Siili, oath these five High Elf Spearmen from Warhammer Fantasy.

First time oathing, so claiming 'Awwww, it's a baby!'

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, oath these three Ork warbikers for May

I want to try Orks and Tau on the table top, but I need to finish what I've paid for already before starting a new list. Well, not counting the Crisis suit squad I just bought....

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I am almost done with the 6 swordmasters sitting on my desk and then I can start painting my oath. I look forward to it, as well as creating funny stories/taking pictures to pick up some bonus points.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
I, Quest Jefferson, hereby oath these Retribution of Scyrah Myrmidons (Privateer Press) for May: Chimera, Banshee, and Discordia.
"Aww, it's a baby!"

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Man it's so awesome to see all the new oathers.
Also great job on the new thread krushgroove!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath to paint this Chaos Lord by Games Workshop in May

He's not really converted, just a more imposing backpack and a Night Lords back banner from an old skeleton shield. Not sure what fevered part of my imagination the curved, skeletal banner pole came from, but it seems to work, and might help protect those ridiculously fragile horns from damage on the tabletop. I like to think it's prehensile, and snakes around as he strikes a pose.

Also, a chance to use the Dragon Forge base I won last year, major thanks to the sponsors for that!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I, Phoon, oath 8 Dreadball Forge Fathers for the month of May.

I think its gonna be mostly Mantic minis this year. Mold Lines :argh:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath that I will paint these 3 Deathwing Terminators. They're from Games Workshop's Dark Vengeance set, the intro to 6th edition of Warhammer 40k.

:siren:Awww, it's a baby!:siren:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ok, time to get in on this.

:siren:I, Ashcans, oath one GW 40k Ork Deathkopta :siren:

The reason that some of the areas appear to be differing colors is that I have converted this, so it has some pieces in the older, lighter shade plastic and a couple bits in metal. I can retake after priming, if needed, but it's such a pain to get a picture of a black-primed model against the monitor that doesn't just look like a silhouette.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I, WerrWaaa, oath to paint 5 Seishin and 1 Lost Love from Wyrd's Malifaux.

Awww, it's a baby!

SpiderMonkey47
Oct 29, 2009

If painting could kill, you would have committed suicide.
I, SpiderMonkey47, hereby oath two Skaven rat ogres from the GW Fantasy line.

Hopefully third time is a charm; I've tried for the past two years, and always wind up having something in real life come up that leads to my being an Oathbreaking bastard. Tadhg bullied a bunch of us into it this year, though, so hopefully I'll have more social pressure to keep going.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
[b/]I, SRM, Oath three Goliath juves and one Goliath Ganger from GW's Necromunda line:[/b]

I'll be doing both the 3 WIPs and the parts list bonuses in an interesting way...

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Hosted a paintjam at my place and got a lot of colors on Pendrake:

I think I spent like an hour on the eyes. gently caress eyes.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Quick question. I am painting my speed painting guy right now. Should I post him as soon as he is done or do we just need to post the pictures near the clock for him when we post the pictures for the rest of our oath being completed?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Detektuv's Journal 1: There are a lot of soldiers here, and I'm going to be assembly lining them. Which means keeping them in line. This is a photo from last night, after priming. I managed to clip the sprue connected to the head. This should minimize touch-ups later.

It's cheap plastic, and the mold lines fray if you trim them. I think at this scale it's a thing you just deal with? Who can say.

For Parts List I washed the sprues with dishsoap, and primed with Rustoleum Camoflague spray (sand colored).

(I realize Parts List gets posted when complete, but I'm going to have a hard time keeping track if I wait.)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

moths posted:

It's cheap plastic, and the mold lines fray if you trim them. I think at this scale it's a thing you just deal with? Who can say.
If it's soft plastic you actually have to shave the mold lines with a sharp blade. It may be worth it on long, flat/visible parts (still, gently caress shaving 300+ models :suicide:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

Quick question. I am painting my speed painting guy right now. Should I post him as soon as he is done or do we just need to post the pictures near the clock for him when we post the pictures for the rest of our oath being completed?

Just post the pictures when you're done - you should have a start picture and a finish picture, both with time stamps.

• Locked thread