Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I Oath a 5 man Dark Angel Command Squad from Game$-Work$hop for May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

Stupid question, but what qualifies as a conversion? I have a guy that was cast holding a bag and a bottle, and I want to put a violin in his hands. Would that count, or do conversion have to be more involved than that?

That is 100% a conversion mate.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

So, I intended to take my time this month but last night I got bored, sat around, painted and smoked cones...

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

:siren: FLY YOUR BANNER:siren:

This is my banner of devastation. It isn't how it is in the codex because I am too lazy for that poo poo. I just got a grey knight terminator banner. Shaved down the hand a bit so it was the size of a power armour hand and sculpted some pretty basic flames on the front to cover the Grey Knight dude. I just by picking at the green stuff with my scalpel, pulling it up to get the effect.

:siren: Da Detektuv's Jurnul:siren:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Am I cool to resubmit my oath complete to get sweet, sweet bonus points? I plan to do a little more work on the miniatures as well.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I OATH 4 GW Ravenwing Bikers for May

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

You already made, and completed, an oath for May. By starting another oath, I must deduct your completed oath points. Please post a full completed oath post by the end of the month to recover those points.

No worries dude because...

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

SPEED PAINTING

My original oath for the month.

The Theme for this month was Dark Angels!

Aaaand..

Detuktuv's Jurnul!

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 25, 2013

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Nicely done! However, could you please copy your Detektuv's Jurnal stuff into this post? Only because I want to only have a single Oath Complete link in the spreadsheets, and the monthly stuff is all tracked on the same one-month sheet. The one-time points have their own links columns so you don't need to copy over one-time points stuff. For maximum convenience, I'd love it if you go ahead and copy everything from your previous oath complete post into this one.

Also, would you like to apply your five guys to the themed group contest?

Also I've credited you for Double the Fun.

I just edited my post to claim the theme group contest. I will go back and edit the detektuvs jurnal stuff in.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Namenlos posted:

Oath Complete.

:catdrugs:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I Oath 5 Ravening bikers and a kit bashed Belial.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Take closeups of your kitbashed guy, get credit for doing a conversion!

Ok then!

OATH UPDATE: CONVERSION!

Cloak and torso is from the Wolfguard Terminator kit. Arms, legs and head are from the DA veteran kit. The wolf head on the pelt and the little wolf head on the top of his torso will be getting greenstuffed into lions. Also I will be sculpting a robe on his front.

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 2, 2013

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

krushgroove posted:

:siren: The slideshow is finally ready to view! :siren:

Check it out here: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5884929453098956369?authkey=COTc1qXJvpKL2gE

Please check it out and make sure your completed pictures and any Detektuv's Jurnals pictures are included. Because the pictures are in random order (but grouped by participant), you'll have to look to find your group of pictures you posted earlier in the thread.

Hey mate, I had 2 Oaths this month (I got bored) and the second one was missed. Here are the pics to save you looking:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I oath a raysat from infinity (corvus beli)

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I think a big countdown timer in the Op with one set due time is the way to go. I stopped oath ing because it was a bit complicated to follow all of the the little rules, for casual little competition intended to get your mans painted things got a little hard to follow. I can only imagine it was a headache for the organisers and having people working from their own time zone is only creating more effort for them for no real reward.

• Locked thread