Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hooray!

Hi everyone, my name is Leperflesh and this year I'll be tallying up people's points. I love me some spreadsheets! I'm also redoing the Whales prize, for the third year, so you can still re-oath your failed oaths and maybe get a thing.

Are you excited? I'm super excited! I can't believe the amazing prize support we've already got this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

If I understand it correctly, the Alternate Universe Oath is the ideal way for me to work on large projects that I can't finish in a single month. Like I could oath a complicated conversion project now, and as long as I complete it by next April, it's good? I am following that correctly? It wouldn't count for points and prizes this month, though.

You are correct. You can of course do more than one, but each goon who completes one or more Alternate Universe oath, gets one and only one entry in a prize drawing specifically for the alternate universe oaths. And you can start them at any time and finish them at any time before the end of next April.

e. Just saw krushedgroove's response. The above is how I interpreted the rule; unless the other organizers disagree strongly, I think this is how we'll treat it going forward.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Edit: I figured out the issue (google Sheets is loving stupid about row border settings).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 2, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET
on Google Docs
Krushgroove, please add a link to it somewhere in the OP.

I will start filling in the first names tomorrow, because it's 1 AM already. Also I still need to figure out where to put the Look, a Baby! column, and probably I missed at least one prize or contest somewhere (there's just SO MANY) but I did clever things with cross-references and I'm going to make points totalling automated and other cool stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi everyone! :frogsiren:Please read this important post!:frogsiren:

My name is Leperflesh and this year I am in charge of the master spreadsheet. It is a big and complicated spreadsheet with lots of columns and colors and stuff.

After you oath, please LOOK AT THE SPREADSHEET. In particular, you should look at the following:

-Goon Master List tab. Your name should appear here. Right now they're in the order they appear in the oath thread, but I will periodically sort this table. If you're not here, I haven't caught up to your oath yet. If you see someone who oathed after you, but you're still not here, I missed you!

-May 2013 tab. This is where I track all the oaths for May. Please look at all the column names. You will see some stuff! Maybe some of it applies to you. Like, did you do a conversion? Did you terrain? Did you get points for the things you did? Were you picked by a judge? I add your oath to the monthly sheet when I first see it. I give you a point for Valid Oath after sole.sushi posts a link to your oath and says it's valid. You may see I am also tracking brands, scale, and qualifiers for stuff. If you think you qualify for something, but I didn't include it, please let me know! If I got the scale wrong, or the brand, let me know!

-One Time Bonuses tab. Everything you can do once (and only once) to get points should be here. So far I've just been tracking "Aww, a Baby!". If you're a first-time Oather and you don't have a point and a link here, you forgot to tell me in your oath! You need to let me know.

-Totals tab. The data on this tab is calculated. In other words I don't actually add anything here. Everything is referenced from another sheet. This means you can check your total number of points at any time! So far you should either have 0 (if your oath hasn't been validated), 1 (if it has), or 2 (if you're a Baby and also had your oath validated). If you have the wrong amount of points, uh oh! Better let me know so I can figure it out!

-All the other tabs: you might want to poke around and see what else I have here. I think I have all of the prizes tracked somewhere. If you are confused by the big giant walls of text in the OPs, maybe this will be another way to notice all the cool things you can win.

All column headers are color-coded. For example, columns for links are headed in dark blue; columns for information that qualifies you for certain drawings (but not points) are orange; columns where points are accumulated are a light teal; columns where prizes are randomly awarded to qualifying goons are in purple, and so on.

I will periodically sort the data so that goons are in alphabetical order. I think I can do this without disrupting my cross-sheet links and calculated cells. If I add you after sorting, but before I sort again, you might be down at the bottom of the list instead of in with the sorted names, so always check the bottom if you don't see your name.

You can contact me in this thread, via PMs, or via email (my username at gmail dot com).

THANKS FOR READING THIS IMPORTANT STUFF.

Slimnoid posted:

New Oath thread, new contestant!

This wasn't 100% clear: are you brand new, e.g., do you qualify for Aww, a Baby!, which gets you a free point?

Also: is that ork gargant an Epic-scale thing, or 28mm? I assumed it was 28mm.

Everyone, please be sure to note in particular if your miniatures are something other than 28mm scale. There is a special Grand Prize from Mura miniatures, for sub-25mm army painters!

Lethemonster posted:

I Lethemonster oath one Necron Scythe thing and one big Space Marine Thingy!

I struggled to get a ruler in shot for the thingy that you could still read it?

Is this terrain? And is it for 28mm guys or something else? everyone please remember, there's an end-of-season prize from krushgroove for the nicest terrain piece.

TarDolphinorShark posted:

:siren:incoming oath for 5 converted Plague Marines from Games Workshop:siren:

These are either bare plastic or white primer with sculpting putty added so there is only one color so far, just to clear up possible confusion.

Check it out, this guy mentioned his stuff is converted! Remember, there's a special monthly prize from goon Manifest for conversions, but you need to give us before & after photos to qualify. Please include the photos, and a clear indication you did a conversion, in your oath completed post.

tasty food posted:

Awwww! a BABY! I, tasty food do oath 1 p-40 warhawk for the month of may

I know this isn't a model for a game system, but I'm away from all of my stuff, if its not ok I can buy some new models for this, I am so excited!

Please tell us the company that made your model, and also the scale. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

I moths, for the month of May, Oath to paint one box of WWII American Infantry

Awwww! a BABY!

These guys are Italari 1/76 (20mm) figures.

The box says it's 1:72, so according to this random webpage that's 22.4mm. :colbert:

Also:

quote:

The box says there are 50 figures.

Oh god what am I doing.

:patriot:
Being a goddamn hero, that's what!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, for the month of May, oath to paint a Protectorate of Menoth Judicator Colossal from Privateer Press.

Gonna do it big for my first oath.

Do you mean, your first oath this year... or do you qualify for Aww, a Baby!?

Mr.Booger posted:

not sure if you replied about the WIP shots, so here is :

WIP #1 - Mr.Booger

It is of course fine for you to post these as you go: but, please put all your work in progress images in your Oath Complete post as well. I intend to link to people's progress pictures, but I only want to have one column for that in the spreadsheet and I don't want to put multiple links in the same cell.

Wili posted:

I, Wili, oath that I will have this Shroud Mages' Intruder Class Battleship, of Spartan Games, painted by the end of May

Also, this is Baby's First Oath

What's the scale of this model?

Indolent Bastard posted:

How will the company that made the model be factored in? Will the company that made the mini be making prizes for people who do the most of their stuff or are you looking for a diverse spread of minis or what? Because I'm thinking of oathing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (with energy weapons) from Darkhorse Miniatures so I'm just curious why the manufacturer matters?

In addition to what krushgroove said, I think it'll be great to have statistics at the end of the year. We'll be able to use those when we contact sponsors; we can say things like "hey look, 18% of participants painted Privateer Press models last year... perhaps with a PP prize, we could increase visibility of your product lines in the contest." Or whatever. Having that data is also useful to track trends over time. And I just like data. mmmmm. Data.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Skaven, by Games Workshop

Awwww, it's a baby!

Personal Quest

This is part of a new campaign by me to improve my painting skills. The plan is based of the fact that I bought a lot of models when I was a kind, but I painted them in horrible ways. Therefore, I shall be stripping them and repainting them.

Any spots of paint seen are just the remains of the previous coat in hard to reach places, like down where the shields are, and will be painted over.

Those are identical to the skaven I got in my (UK version) Advanced Heroquest box game. I guess it's not surprising they just re-used the sculpts for Warhammer Quest.

Zodiac5000 posted:

I, Zodiac5000, oath that I will paint these 5 Black Guard of Naggarond
Awwww, it's a baby!

Are those Games Workshop figures, or something else?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pash posted:

I, Pash, have completed Speed Painting!

I might as well include Part's List:

Since these were both done on the same model this means: Double the Fun!

Congratulations, Pash: you have rocketed up the leaderboard and are now the overall points leader with 5 points! Amazing!

quote:

Also can I make a alternate universe oath before I have finished the rest of my oath? Just got this High Elf Loremaster who wants me to paint him...

Yes, you can make an alternate universe oath at any time.

Harkano posted:

I, Harkano, oath that I will paint Iron Lich Asphyxious, Deathripper, Nightwretch, Leviathan, Skarlock Thrall, Warwitch Siren
Awwww, it's a baby!

15 pt Army for our Journeyman league.

Is this Privateer Press?

Wili posted:

1/600th. It is 130 mm long.

Apparently that's 2.7mm scale. Tiny models of big ships are cool.

Korwen posted:

Oh, thank you for that, I've edited my post to reflect this, I think I failed an oath in PaintVagrant's Warmachine/Hordes oath threads what seems like 2 years ago, but never in the larger oath threads.

OK, I got you credited. Thanks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Congratulations Big Willy Style! You are the first goon to complete an oath this year! You've also claimed points for basing, a one-time point for doing a banner, and two points for doing this month's Detektuv's Jurnal. You now have 10 points, putting you in the lead!

However, you did miss one possible point for putting your username into your Oath Complete photo. If you do go back and edit one in, please post again so I know to credit you for that point.

Kommando posted:

I'll assume that because you posted in the Battletech thread that Battletech mechs are allowed this year?

Since i'll likely paint one, or at most two, at a time and dont really care for the rewards/prizes and thus points, do i really have to follow all the officialness like "aww its a baby" and 'saving da whales"?

It's worth mentioning that battletech mechs were also allowed last year. This year, though, a minimum oath would be just one 'Mech, so it's a bit easier.

You can just say "aww it's a baby" when you post your oath and you get a free point. Not that hard!

The 'saving the whales' thing is an optional thing you can do if you fail an oath but decide you want to finish the models you oathed later. It's up to you if you want to do that! :)

Zhent posted:

I didn't include these in the original pictures, and I'm not sure if it actually makes any difference to the oath, but since they are a sponsor of the entire Thread and the bases are great, I wanted to include a picture of my Dragonforge bases that the attack bikes will be based on. These are going to be consistent throughout my entire Ravenwing army.

It's fine, but next time do include your fancy bases in your oath post if you've got them handy. It helps us to see you didn't paint up some bases in a previous month and then use them for finished models, for example.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being of sound mind, OATH 3 Infinity Haqqislam Ghulam by Corvus Belli (all 28mm) for the month of May

Uh hey guys, I've been putting down "Infinity" for the model maker for a few goons, but is the model maker actually "Corvus Belli"? Please do my research for me, I refuse to google things.

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath 3 Klingon E5 Battle Corvettes from Mongoose Publishings Starline 2500 line and a Wight King from Games Workshops Vampire Counts range for Fantasy Battle.

Here's to another year of glorious failure!

Screw it, this is like internet dating, go big or go home. I additionally Oath 1 Mongoose Publishing Federation class Dreadnought from the Starline 2500 range. Time to go airbrush crazy.

Approve me Sole sushi, you're my only hope!

What's the scale on these space ships?

krushgroove posted:

:siren:ATTENTION:siren:
NEW SPONSORS ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Sable Brushes
New thread sponsor!
A German brush manufacturer that's been around for over 100 years, Springer-Pinsel have donated a pack of their top-quality Kolinsky Sable brushes every month for a random participant!

This is fantastic. Folks in the general painting/modeling thread consistently recommend Kolinsky brushes and I have to agree.

quote:

Games 'n' Gears
New thread sponsor!
We now have WEEKLY prizes! Games 'n' Gears have promised us one of their unique double-ended brushes EVERY WEEK! We'll have a few more details to come after we figure out how we can give these out, but the lucky winners will be sent a brush direct from Games 'n' Gears every. single. week!

Games 'n' Gears are encouraging all participants to post pictures of the miniatures they complete on Sundays this June - more details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/350021115098113/

Wow! A weekly contest! So uh, how will this work for drawing and stuff? We're going to have to decide something for eligibility that isn't based on people completing oaths. Or, we'll have to wait till the following month and then give away 4 or 5 retroactively? Or something? Anyway I put in a new column for this one, but I can't put in logic for it till we figure this out.

Serotonin posted:

I, Serotonin, oath that I will paint this unit of 4 bases of Cossack Moloitsy riflemen (12 figures) from the 15mm historical wargame "By Fire and Sword" (or Ogniem i Mieczem in its original Polish) for the month of May

Your photo isn't loading for me for some reason. Other images hosted on imgur on this page are loading, so I'm not sure what's up. When I paste the image URL directly into a browser, it just spins forever without loading it.

Lethemonster posted:

I am angered by the amount of good painters suddenly appearing. I want a chance at winning something, damnit!

For alternate universe oaths - do they have to be the same as normal oath re: state of painting at time of oath?

I'm not the ultimate arbiter but I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

I would think the easiest way to do it would be to give out 4 every month to 4 randomly selected oath completers.

Unfortunately that'd only yield 48 prizes, when there's actually 52 weeks in the year.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

If they want people to post oath completes on Sundays, then the brushes should be given out on Mondays to people who have completed oaths that month. Gives a benefit to finishing early.

I'm not sure we want to encourage people to try and rush through an oath before the first Sunday of each month. In some cases that could be 24 hours and it will average less than 4 days.

It might be better to take the number of Sundays that happened during each Oath period, and then award that many prizes to random oath completers for the month. But let's see what krushgroove comes up with.

Ashcans posted:

Yes, Corvus Belli is the company, Infinity is the game system.

Corvus Belli:Infinity::Games Workshop:Warhammer 40k

OK I updated to use Corvus Belli for the maker info. Thanks!

Thundercloud posted:

1/3125. When Mongoose did the Starline 2500 range they upped the scale so you can fit more detail. The old scale of the TFG/ADB ships was 1/3700. There've also been a bunch of scale corrections with the new range.

They're a lot nicer. And now all the production issues are settled, they're bigger, still metal and equivalent or cheaper in some places than the old ranges. I'll be painting a bunch of Klingon and Fed ships initially, then some civilians and then Romulans.

Ok I calculate that as about .52mm scale. Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lunchbox624 posted:

I, Lunchbox624, Oath to paint these for deathwing terminators for the month of May. They are from the games workshop line.

Considering this appears to be your first ever post on SA, and you registered today, I suspect you might qualify for Aww, a Baby!. If so, please edit it into your post and also post to let me know you've done so, so I can credit you.

This goes for everyone else who is new to Something Awful Oath threads: it's a free point! Might as well claim it.

In other news, I have identified a bug in Google Sheets. Lovely. It is preventing me from sorting the May 2013 tab by goon name. I've done the thing for notifying Google of an issue, but I doubt we'll see any kind of instant results or something. In the mean-time, the only way to resolve the issue would be to get rid of my clever labor-saving method of keeping track of everyone, so gently caress that. Instead, if you want to find your name on any sheet, please use the search function (ctrl-F) to search for your username.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fuegan takes the lead from Big Willy Style, by including his username in his oath complete pic! Congrats Fuegan!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chance II posted:

I'm declaring this Oath for May Complete!

And here are the Detektiv's Journal progress shots for my initial Oath. I managed to loose the second shot for my bonus Oath unfortunately.

Well I wasn't planning on it but I guess my Bonus Style Oath would qualify for Speed Painting.
Start

Finish

Can I get a couple of rulings here?

1. Is it legit to claim Speed Painting on just a bonus add-on oath or, for that matter, on any subset of the full oath)? In this case, Chance II made an oath of some models, added some more models via bonus oath, and then speed-painted just the bonus models.
2. Does this fully qualify for Detektuv's Jurnal? There are enough photos, but not every model is included in each of the progress shots (as Chance II points out). More broadly, if someone oaths several models, is it OK to just show progress shots for one of them, or for a representative sample?

I am not exactly a judge, but if it's up to me, I can make judgement calls about this kind of thing when filling in points. But I don't want to overstep if someone else is the authority. Krushgroove, I have an opinion on both of the above but I'd like to hear what you say before I give it.

I should add that I don't mean to pick on Chance II here: I am just looking for guidance on exactly how to interpret these qualifiers, going forward, and Chance II happens to be the first that I've bumped into.

Icon Of Sin posted:

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Squad:

I did not give you a point for basing. Probably you knew this, but for everyone else's benefit: the point for basing refers to doing something besides just gluing a base on, you have to decorate/paint your base to get that point.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 9, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fix posted:

I don't know about the rest of that, but the Speed Painting point specifically refers to one model, so it makes sense to allow it on any subset of an oath.

You're right. I think it would suck to penalize people for oathing more models just to get a speed painting thing done.

krushgroove posted:

not specified in the rules, but I would say if possible all the models should be in the WIP pictures - but at least half the models must be shown at a minimum. [/url]

I'd say, a "representative sample". If you're painting 80 6mm infantry dudes, you could show a single stand from start to finish and that would be fine. If you're painting ten space marines with command, you should show one regular dude and the command models. And I'd say we be generous with the interpretation. The idea is that someone looking at your pictures will be able to learn how you painted your stuff, so whatever is the minimum to provide that, is what we'd be going for.

[quote]This sort of stuff is bound to come up with a new ruleset so up to a point we should give the benefit of the doubt I think! I don't want to make the rules any longer b I'll add clarifications where needed.

Agreed.

e. Chance II claims the lead! With full points for May, plus a one-time point each for speed painting and parts list, Chance II is at 12 points. Good job Chance II!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 10, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

Can I ask for clarification of theme? Because I'm not sure which of these apply:

- Every model I painted this month is a Blood Angel space marine.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Blood Angels. The theme is Blood Angels.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Salamanders. The theme is Space Marines.
- I painted my Blood Angels to look like the cast of Welcome Back Kotter.
- Welcome Back Kotter Blood Angels, and Barney Miller Space Wolves next month.

The bi-monthly thing makes me think the theme is required to extend beyond a month? I don't know if it's this confusing to everybody else.

And should we save up WIP photos for a wall of images accompanying the Oath Complete post? Are more than three WIP shots OK or should those go in the general miniatures / painting thread?

<Edited because I was wrong>

As I understand it, the idea is every 2 months there will be a judgement and a prize for the best one random themed group of miniatures. A theme is whatever you want it to be, but the judge is going to look at how well the models "fit" together, in terms of paint scheme, design, characterfullness, etc. but see my next post.

You can complete a group in one oath, or combine two oaths' models, or however. Like, you could oath in May three five space marines and two sexy ninjas and a yeti, and then in June you could oath four five other space marines and a 1/72 model of a '57 chevy. But then each month take a photo of just your space marines together and explicitly submit it as a themed group at any point before July 1st, and it's now you have two entries in for that contest.

If you want to paint up a welcome back kotter themed group of models, go for it; you could just do blood angels, or salamanders, or whatever, though. I have a hard time imagining a themed group consisting of both salamanders and blood angels, but if you can make it work go for it. Maybe they're getting together for some reason. Make it work and the judge will take note.

e. Here is the only group theme entry I've got in the spreadsheet so far: from Chance II.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 10, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually I should have gone back and read it again because I conflated two contests.

Ineptmule's bimonthly theme is a drawing, not a judged prize:

krushgroove posted:

ineptmule’s theme prize: Every two months there will be a random draw from qualifying oaths. The lucky winner will receive £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models.

How do you qualify for this, you ask? Simple. For each oath you make that contains a group of models painted and/or converted to follow a theme you will get an entry into a bi-monthly draw. This means that if both of your oaths for a two-month period qualify you will double your chances of winning this prize! You will be ineligible for winning this again in the draw following a win, but will be able to thereafter.

The basic rule for this: The models should look like they belong together! Examples might include:
  • Members of a Blood Bowl or Dreadball team
  • A group of veteran warriors who have been fighting together for years
  • A lowlife criminal gang who barely trust each other more than their enemies
  • A cunning leader and their underlings
  • A black ops team operating with dubious legality behind enemy lines
  • A wizard and his menagerie of magical beasts / mechanickal creations / hapless lackeys

<examples removed>

Minimum qualifying number for different scales:
<15mm - 10 models
15-25mm - 8 models
28mm - 5 models
large, 28mm and upwards - 3 models

Should you be lucky enough to win this prize, it is strongly encouraged that you use it to get more models to join the group that you won with... but not mandatory!

So actually, you need to keep all your models for the themed entry to be inside of one Oath. So you can oath 5 space marines along with a yeti and a sexy ninja, and then just take a pic of the 5 space marines and label it.

You can also enter twice for each prize, by doing a themed group in each month.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 10, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

Quick rules clarification question (not sure if this has been asked/answered). I remember last year that vehicles/large models in a certain scale was considered equivalent of a larger scale. For example, using my oath, my 5 Chaffees would count as 5 28mm models instead of 5 15mm models. Is this still valid, or has this rule/exemption been removed?

Larger models at a small scale are definitely equivalent to smaller models at a large scale. It is difficult to write a perfect rule to cover this, though. The best approach is to post what you intend to oath and get it approved in advance. We are inclined to be quite lenient. This year the minimum oath is just one 28mm model, so it's very likely that whatever it is you want to paint is going to qualify.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that if you painted a bunch of miniatures that go together, you might want to apply for the themed group drawing. Hey, it can't hurt, right?

Big Willy Style posted:

Am I cool to resubmit my oath complete to get sweet, sweet bonus points? I plan to do a little more work on the miniatures as well.

Yes. I will update the spreadsheet to the latest Oath Complete post anyone makes in a given month. Unless krushgroove makes a ruling that you can't, but I don't think there's anything against that in the rules.

I will ask everyone not to abuse this, though. One update because you forgot something is reasonable: doing one every month, or several a month, would be excessive.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At 28mm, you need a minimum of 5 figures to qualify for the Themed Group drawing. While the teddy bear is larger, the other three are smaller than usual. Because it's on the edge, I'll leave it to ineptmule to make an official ruling.

Zhent posted:

Sorry if this is a question already answered somewhere else, but do all the models for the theme drawing need to be part of a single oath? Or since that is a bi-monthly prize, can the models be painted across both months and count as one drawing?

Ineptmule's official rules are:

quote:

How do you qualify for this, you ask? Simple. For each oath you make that contains a group of models painted and/or converted to follow a theme you will get an entry into a bi-monthly draw. This means that if both of your oaths for a two-month period qualify you will double your chances of winning this prize! You will be ineligible for winning this again in the draw following a win, but will be able to thereafter.

Personally I think it'd be cool to build a single entry across two Oaths, but that's not envisioned in the rules. I'll again defer to ineptmule if he decides he wants to broaden the rules for this contest.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath that I will paint this random elf warrior for the month of May. Awwww, it's a baby!

I think this model is from a dead company named Adiken? Honestly I have no idea anymore. It's been sitting in my humanoids box for at least 5 years now, and I only bought it because I had an interesting idea on how to paint the sword.

Hey, that's a pretty rare miniature you've got there.
Apparently, Adiken made counterfeit minis and got caught.

If you can recognize the name, it'd be cool of you to put a photo up on this page, although be sure to read up on how Lost Minis wants photos named, sized, and placed (I can do it for you if you just send me a photo).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 14, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice find. I've updated the sheet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

Did I only get 1 point for the Jurnol for missing something? Figured I got time to correct if so.

My mistake: I typoed the number. I've fixed it for ya now. Thanks for catching that!

Avenger_Mullah posted:

:siren: I, Avenger_Mullah, oath to paint this undead dwarf berzerker & this wood elf :siren:

Wood elf is primed green, undead dwarf is primed white.

What company made these two figures, please?

Grey Hunter posted:

Final image.

I've not done anything but wash the bases, as these are for the Warhammer Quest board game, and I could not think of anything appropriate to do for them.

I've not given the 1-point credit for basing here, since it does not meet the stated minimum "1 point: base your model (minimum is sand and paint or flocking)". If you upgrade your basing before the end of the month, please feel free to post a new oath complete post or edit your current one and let me know, and I'll check it and credit you that point.

quote:

Does this also count as a themed group? They are all the same paint scheme but I'm not sure if that counts.

Sure it counts. It's 5+ 28mm models painted to go together! :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dagon, I've gone ahead and given you the point for basing. Krushgroove, please override if you feel he hasn't met the standard.

krushgroove posted:

:siren: Prize Alert! :siren:
Also - we'll be having ANOTHER prize alert later today! Can anyone guess who it is? You get special, non-refundable, non-redeemable internet points if you can...

This alert relates to a box that arrived at my house yesterday! It was full of something great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

New to all this, but when will the Detektuv journal for June be announced?

Also, when I get home, I will take pictures of my first Oath unit.

June 1st.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Oath Completareeno!

Tsk. No username in the final oath complete photo (which I assume is the one I've quoted above)! It is a free point which you don't have. :(

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Alternate Universe Terrain Oath:

This thing! I have no idea who made it - a buddy got it from ebay, and there are no clues on the sprue or anything. It is about 6" by 3" by 4" tall, so it should count by itself, right?

Congratulations on causing me to add five more columns to a sheet! Obviously someone can do a terrain oath as an alt universe oath, I assume, so I guess I need to track the themed oath types on the alt universe sheet too.

Lethemonster posted:

Going to have to drop out this month. Really annoyed because I've done everything accept actually finished painting the models, but there's no way I'll have time. Stupid exams and uni dropping coursework bombs out of nowhere :(

Aww. But today's only the 18th, there's still tons of time! Maybe you will find an hour here or there.

moths posted:

:siren: OATH COMPLETED! :siren:

Moths and Slimnoid are now tied for the lead, at 13 points each!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud. make an additional oath of 7 Klingon ships from the Starline 2500 line from Mongoose Publishing in 1/3125 scale, consisting of a C8 Dreadnought, a FD7 Fast Cruiser, a D6 Heavy Cruiser, a D5W New Heavy Cruiser, a D5 War Cruiser and 2 E4 Frigates.

OK, I just want to clarify something. You've already completed your May oath, and I recorded points for it. However, with this addition you're putting your May points in jeopardy: if you fail to complete this oath, I'll have to revoke your completed-oath points. In fact I'll have to remove them immediately, because the absence of an oath complete post at the end of the month is too hard to look for (compared to just recording points when I see a valid oath complete post any time throughout the month).

When you do post your oath complete post, I'll need you to include everything you did this month, including from your previous oath complete post; I will only track one oath complete post per user per month. Doing otherwise screws up my spreadsheet scheme in ways that are surprisingly annoying to fix.

From a strategy point of view it's a much better option to do this as an Alternate Universe oath. I am supposing you don't want to do that because you're trying to complete a full themed group for May, which is fine of course.

And I don't want to pick on just you; but I am using this first example as an opportunity to let everyone know how this works.

As an aside: your photos are generally pretty blurry and dark. I have credited you for the Box Art one-time point, but honestly I can't see the colors on your completed oath photo of your wight king at all. It's too dark. The blurriness also comes from not enough light; your camera has to hold its shutter open longer to get a photo, and since your hand moves while you hold the camera, the longer shutter speed blurs the picture. You'll get vastly better shots if you put your minis into a well-lit scene. If you don't have good indoor lights, take them outside during the daytime.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 20, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thundercloud posted:

Don't worry, I knew I'd be gambling all my Oath completed points doing this.

OK.

moths posted:

For Alternate Universe Oath, does it need to get completed in any particular timeframe? Like, if I wanted to be crazy ambitious and oath a box of Sedition Wars, Super Dungeon Explore, or two thousand points of tyrranids, that's how I'd do it - provided I still did something else as a regular oath each month?

You have until the end of April 2014.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Check if you're on the spreadsheet, it's usually faster than the "approved" post.

Oaths, and oath additions, are not official until sole.sushi does the approved post. I do enter things onto the spreadsheet, but I don't give points credit for the approved oath until he posts. And an oath addition does not involve more points, so I add a link but it's still up to sushi to officially approve.

It is still a good idea to check your entries in the spreadsheet just to be sure I accurately recorded everything, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Buffalo, would you like your dudes to be a Themed Group?

Just a reminder to everyone, if you paint up a group of guys, it's free to call them a Themed Group. You might win a thing! The minimum at 28mm scale is 5 models, so Buffalo squeeze here has a group large enough to qualify.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alternate Universe oaths are tracked on their own sheet, so I don't need the regular oath quoted as long as you clearly indicate that it's an alternate universe oath. Krushgroove, I have a column that lists links to the oath and completed oath posts for alt universe, so you can use those to find the images for your slideshows.

I do have one issue, which hasn't come up yet but probably will: how do I track when someone does more than one alternate universe oath. Haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

If we qualified for a bonus that we forgot to mention, how do we go about claiming it? (I forgot to claim Double the Fun)

Please do all of the following:
  • Make a new post in the thread, calling my attention to the fact;
  • Link to your Oath Complete post in this new post;
  • edit your Oath Complete post with the claim in bold plus any supporting stuff that is needed.

Please do not edit your Oath Complete post after the monthly cutoff moment when all oaths are due.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

I forgot to claim Double the fun in the post linked above. I'd love it if a judge could fix that for me! I have edited the relevant information into the bottom of that post. Thank you!

Grey Hunter posted:

I to shall edit in a Double the fun

Chance II posted:

Well I guess I'll go back and edit a Double the fun! into my Oath Complete post.

OK, I got all three of you guys.

I think at the end of the month, as a one-time thing, I'll probably go through and credit everyone who qualified with a double the fun bonus. It's easy to do this time because I know that all the one-time bonuses that someone has points for, must have been earned in May; starting next month, though, it'd be much more tedious to figure that out on my own, so I'll rely on posters to inform me clearly when they've gotten a double the fun. Especially if you get it by doing two Detektuv's Jurnals, or by doing one Jurnal and one one-time bonus.

PierreTheMime posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Edit: I guess that's Double the Fun then too. :)

I got you too. You did miss a point due to not having your username in your oath complete photo, though!

YF19pilot posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Otherwise, would like some clarification if this qualifies for the Bi-Monthly group contest. If not, that's okay, I'll be in next month.

I am assuming that for this game, tanks normally aren't based, and therefore have given you the free point for basing since it'd be inappropriate, per the rules. Someone let me know if I got this wrong.

Also, I'm thinking due to the questions about model sizing that we may need to revise the rules for the themed group contest. The number of models needed in a group probably should be based on the models' size, rather than scale. That said, based on the current rules-as-written, your group does not qualify because at the 15mm scale you must have a minimum of 8 models.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 22, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sure. Just post to let me know that you've updated your oath complete post, so I don't miss it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm making an Alternate Universe additional oath with some 12-year-old Woodland Scenics trees I've had laying around:

These are meant to be used with my 28mm scale figures - I'm slowly building up a bunch of homemade dungeon tiles. Also, the base is multi-colored because it's raw sand, bark, and wood. It won't be staying that color.

Is this terrain? Or are you making bases that you'll later add miniatures to?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

perfect, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to finish it in one month, heh.

woops! I wrote a thing here but it's wrong. For dioramas and display boards, you qualify for a special prize but you don't get judged, so I don't think you need to finish it in one month.

krushgroove and I are discussing the points details for Get Based Out offline. Nobody should be affected yet since nobody's entered a GBO entry I don't think.

Brock Samsonite posted:

Here are my guardians, painted in a slightly off Altansar craftworld colors for my roomate's army.

For future reference, please post in bold "oath complete" or something along those lines when you finish an oath. Also, it's ideal if you lead with your official Oath Complete photo, which in this case I believe is this one:

quote:

Finished inking, highlighting, painting waystones blue, etc.

Don't worry though, I've credited you for your points.

By the way, Pash is currently in the lead with a massive 16 points! Six points from one-time bonuses plus a full 10 for completing his oath has put Pash out front.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 23, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kore_Fero posted:

Oath Complete!

Its my first oath so I get Awwww, a BABY! and since its a group it might count for the Theme Group bi-monthly? The group theme being singing about Menoth :catholic:

All paints used were Citadel paints. The purple robes were based with Naggaroth Night, then Daemonette Hide everywhere apart from the recesses and then folds were highlighted with Slaanesh Grey. The tunics were Deneb Stone from the old citadel range, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Bleached Bone. The sashes were Mechrite Red, washed with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Mechrite Red mixed with Skull White. The base is just sand based with old Calthan Brown, washed with Devlan Mud and then drybrushed with Deneb Stone. Washes are awesome :) I generally try to pick 3-4 colours max and apply them to as many parts of the model as I can get away with.

Just wanted to mention that you appear to have included everything you need for parts list, which is a one-time bonus; on the other hand, you don't have at least three in-progress pics, so I have not credited you for May's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Big Willy Style posted:

I OATH 4 GW Ravenwing Bikers for May

You already made, and completed, an oath for May. By starting another oath, I must deduct your completed oath points. Please post a full completed oath post by the end of the month to recover those points.

Zhent posted:

Leperflesh - I have my Parts List in my complete post, but it is not indicated on the spreadsheet, unless I missed something require for that point. I believe the combination of Parts List and Detektuv's Jurnal also gets me the double bonus, which I did not list - should I edit that in?

Just an oversight on my part. Fixed you all up.

UngorEatStefan posted:

did I do this right :ohdear:

Yes :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

No worries dude because...

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

SPEED PAINTING

My original oath for the month.

Nicely done! However, could you please copy your Detektuv's Jurnal stuff into this post? Only because I want to only have a single Oath Complete link in the spreadsheets, and the monthly stuff is all tracked on the same one-month sheet. The one-time points have their own links columns so you don't need to copy over one-time points stuff. For maximum convenience, I'd love it if you go ahead and copy everything from your previous oath complete post into this one.

Also, would you like to apply your five guys to the themed group contest?

Also I've credited you for Double the Fun.

People who are doing conversions:
It might be easy to miss, but if you want to qualify for a special prize, you need to do this:

quote:

For you conversion fanatics, Manifest will be sponsoring a prize for the best conversion job each month! Here are his rules:
Be sure to include before-and-after photos so it’s obvious what your conversion was - work-in-progress photos would be even better

The following goons have posted some indication that they're doing a conversion:
TarDolphinorShark
Rahotep75
krushgroove (but he can't actually win)
Turtle Dad 420
Ashcans
Achmed Jones
Lord Hypnostache
Swags
Signal
Derlix

Of these, I've tracked down before & after conversion images for Achmed Jones. Krushgroove has completed his oath but didn't post before/afters, of course that doesn't matter because he can't win. And none of the rest of you have posted your oath complete posts yet, so I assume the photos will show up then. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up because it's an opportunity to win a prize and with so few entrants, your odds are pretty good if you take the necessary photos!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 25, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Excellent thanks! I've got you all fixed up.

edit: Signal PMed me to point out he also showed his conversion before/after pics in his Oath post, so he's covered too.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 25, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Raphus C posted:

Raphus C, Oath Complete

You could do Themed Group with this, if you wanted. Also, your models are all backlit which makes for dark photos. I wish I could see your stuff better :)

mehall posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VRkjroE.jpg

Oath Complete!

Bonus: Aww a Baby!

If you wrap your image with TIMG tags instead of URL, it'll show up in a small but expandable box instead of being a link. Also: you missed a possible point for not having your username in your photo. I assume you also know you didn't do the Detektiv's Jurnal. Still: nice little plane there!

I don't mean to pick on either of you guys, I just want everyone to get lots of points! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mehall posted:

I did put timg round it, but then it got autolinked and it didn't work and I'm stuck phone posting for a week.

Couldn't put my name in digitally because phone posting, and forgot to do it analog.

And yeah, I'll dpuble up on detektuvs journal.

Thanks!

OK, no worries man.

Phoon posted:

Don't know how the basing rules apply to these guys, dreadball is played on a plain black surface (I swear) and those transparent bases are standard.

Neither do I! The general rules are that if the mini isn't supposed to be based, you get the point for free. But I'd like someone familiar with dreadball to please confirm, or alternatively, krushgroove please verify.

OneTrueBru posted:

:toot: OneTrueBru, Oath Complete! :toot:

Note: these all link to their full-size versions on Imgur.

Want to make this a themed group? It can't hurt!

Raphus C posted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Much, much better! If you haven't done so already, please edit these photos into your original Oath Complete post, just to make sure the judges see them.

• Locked thread