Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 9 Games Workshop Space Marine Scouts, 3 Ork Big Shootas, and one Reaper Dragon Familiar for the month of May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 9 Games Workshop Space Marine Scouts, 3 Ork Big Shootas, and one Reaper Dragon Familiar for the month of May.

Looks like my AP was missed.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: Mmtheblue Oath Complete! :siren:

I think the Scouts can count for the Themed Group.

Detektuv's Journal:

Base painted, scouts washed, and clothing painted dark grey:

Slightly more painted:

More base coats:

Base coated:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Space Marines and 5 Ork Nobz, by Games Workshop.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Oath Complete!

Detektuv’s Jurnal:

Did some carving out on the center dude's eye to compliment the chink in the helmet, but then slathered blood all over it, obscuring it further. Also blood and some chipped armor on their shoulders and such. Also I guess the 5 Nobz, and 5 Marines qualify as a Themed Group?

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint Five Games Workshop Space Marines, one Ork Nob, and some assorted bits (Grenade Launcher and two pistols) for the month of July. :siren:

For the Detektuv’s Jurnal I cut off a Bolter and replaced it with a Black Templars' Meltagun (also head/arm swaps, but those weren't cuts). Gotta have dem Chains o' Zeal! Also I don't know if the Grenade launcher counts, but it's going on an already painted Necromunda mini.

Unfortunately, I did this before the Jurnal was announced, but here's picture of the bit before, and the removed bolter bit.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Wasn't sure if I was going to finish in time but: :siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

I guess the Space Marines count as a Themed Group.

Detektuv’s Jurnal:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to Paint: One Space Marine Land Speeder and One Imperial Guard Chimera, made by Games Workshop.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Detektuv’s Jurnal: the weathering on the Chimera, and the heat damage the guns.

No basing on the Land Speeder, but I think that's allowed since it's a clear base. I think that's everything.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

40K VOTE: Slimnoid

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint one Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Emperor's Champion for the month of September. :siren:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Sole.Sushi posted:

Special Cool Kid's Point: Mmmtheblue!

So, there were a ton of models that had a ton of great weathering. I choose yours because, seriously, who else would weather the bottom of a tank? Just you buddy.

Dats where it gets da dirtiest! :pseudo: It makes ruining that Chimera all worthwhile.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Jurnal:

Banner:

Back Thingie:

Barely Legible Scrawlings:

I honestly think this is my best painted miniature yet. Thank you for motivating me to paint and try new techniques, Oath Thread!

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 1, 2013

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Ah yeah, I remember now.

Provisionally, I'm removing Fly your Flag from Namenlos and Mmtheblue; however, either of you can post at any time, including after the oath deadline, if you want me to give you Fly your Flag (and not have your banner considered by the judges for their "best theme" category of judging).

Oh well, I guess I'll go for the Jurnal and not get the Fly your Flag bonus. 'Cause drat Namenlos, that's gorgeous.

Edited my Oath Complete post.

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 1, 2013

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 8 GW WH40k Chaos Cultists! :siren: Horray for Amnesty Month! I was wondering when I could paint my Necromunda gang with already painted bases (which I won from the previous Oath Thread!).

And postin' some conversions! If I did this wrong, then whatever!

Cut off flail arm and replaced with Bolt Pistol arm:

Removed pistol and chopped flamer to make a hand flamer:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

So that's a Themed Group.

Jurnal:

Rats have soft pink bellies, right? I think I need a better pink paint.

Backstory:

The Haoles were preparing for a fight, the Avatars of the Cog were approaching in full force, and they would need all hands to just fend them off. Their Ratskin Scout pauses to rub the cogs given to him by the Dapakkani elders, to honor the Hive Spirits, and hope that he returns safely. Then he pulls on his giant rat hide for camouflage, grabs his axe, and climbs up into the vents to try and flank the approaching gang…

As a side note, it doesn't work, he ends up getting shot with an arm wound.

And since I did the Jurnal and Backstory, I think that qualifies for Double the Fun?

In Battle: I was late, so I didn't get the nice table, but I did get to fight a painted gang, so there's that.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 10 WH40k Imperial Guardsmen and 6 Wrecked Vehicle Markers for the Month of November. :siren:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

The Guardsmen are a Themed Group.

Jurnal:

I tried to paint a goatee on the Vox Caster guy, but it didn't turn out so well. If this doesn't qualify, I don't blame you.

I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01:

The cotton things are Wrecked vehicle markers, to be used as such:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 1 Warhammer 40,000 Valkyrie to be converted into a Vendetta!

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

My November 40k vote goes to SRM, for the Stalin-mustache, and bright colored Captain.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Too dang close. Not happy with how it turned out, really rushed it this month.

Jurnal:

NMM Golden Aquila.

Rear door grating. That turned out terrible.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

My 40k Vote goes to: WhiteOutMouse for the cool base and Heldrake.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

I'm also making an Oath Addition:

I read the diorama rules wrong, but I intended to use the Deathsleet I Oathed in this Diorama, like so:

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Mmtheblue posted:

Mmtheblue posted:

I'm also making an Oath Addition:

Sorry, adding another figure to my Diorama, one Reaper Chronoscope John Kincaide.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Please note the Backdrop is the 3x3' mat, it's hard to paint a nebula.

The diorama is not eligible to be judged for January, only these models. Also claiming a Themed Group with the Guardsmen:

Jurnal is the glow from the Officer of the Fleet's Omnitool Auspex:

Speed Painting:

Parts List for the Speed painting:

Started with a Vallejo Grey Surface Primer and some GW Liquid Greenstuff. http://imgur.com/7BEIN0o

Then a basecoat with GW Macragge Blue, Mephiston Red, Dawnstone, and Steel Legion Drab, and VGC Violet. http://imgur.com/EqcFQyX

Highlight with GW Ice Blue, Genestealer Purple, Bleached Bone, Eshin Grey, and Abaddon Black. http://imgur.com/t4MBSga

Finally destroy all detail with GW Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil. http://imgur.com/XD0976F

Because I'm not done milking this Genestealer for all it's worth, I'm going for Box Art!

Finally my Diorama Entry:

And a bonus sneak peek at what happens moments later: http://i.imgur.com/vCxADHV.jpg

If I did anything incorrect, let me know! This was a fun month.

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 31, 2014

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 6 Games-Workshop Space Marines.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I vote for Iris of Ether, for making the dragon's eye light up. That's cool.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Oath Complete!

Jurnal:

No longer does man have only one life to give for his country the Emperor! Just try and pry the gun from his cold dead hands! My faith [in the Constitution Codex Astartes] is my shield! All while the Aquila sheds a single tear for all that was lost of the Emperor's Original Dream for Mankind. :911:

Can I claim the Fly Your Flag bonus on this, or no?

Edit: Dang, forgot Themed Group for the other Space Marines.

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 28, 2014

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 2 Space Marines, and 1 Converted Dreadnought. (Games Workshop, Warhammer 40k, 28mm)

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Oath Complete!

Jurnal:

Removed the casket from the Dreadnought, added in a Valkyrie Pilot, replaced Multimelta with a Plasma Cannon, adjusted fist to hold a power axe, added a dreadnought-sized shaft for the power axe, shoved purity seals everywhere, added a led light that ended up not working out. It's like a 12 year old made it.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I Oath to paint 9 Imperial Guardsmen and 1 Space Marine. Games Workshop, 28-mm.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Oath Complete!

Jurnals are Weathering for the on the Space Marine's Plasma Gun, and mud around the Guardsmens boots; and OSL on the Space Marine's Plasma gun (the terrible drybrushing on the top of the gun) and face (has a slight blueish tint). Also I tried painting eyebrows on the Guard Sergeant, and now I know why don't do it.

Strike a Pose!

“Are you sure the Xeno is this my, mi’lord?” Sergeant Finkle nervously inquired, “The auspex shows no signs of—”

“The beast is here.” The Inquisitor boomed down from his Dreadnought chassis, “Have your plasma gunners take point. Full power. Once the beast is awakened, we have only a short while to subdue it.”

Finkle swallowed and signaled the squad to get into positions, and nodded to the Inquisitor.

The Inquisitor’s vox casters boomed, and the guardsmen flinched at the sudden sound, but remained ready.

Then, the Xeno rose from the ruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

I didn't get the Games & Gears prize yet either, but I'm in no hurry.

• Locked thread