Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
That's one hell of an OP, krushgroove! I'm excited! :dance:

To start this year,

:hist101:I Tadhg, swear a fell Oath of Ten Glade Guard, One Spellsinger, and One Necron Lord:hist101:

These models are from the :rodimus:Games Workshop:rodimus: Warhammer Fantasy Wood Elves and Warhammer 40k Necrons line.

e: Edited in the model line at request of krushgroove.

Tadhg fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

krushgroove posted:

I missed this earlier, but can you edit your oath post with what model line the Glade Guard and Spellsinger models are from?

Done and done, boss! :v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Goddammit, Sushi, approve my Oath so that I can start painting it! Daylight's a-wasting!
___/
:byodood:

Also, I might have some goons from my gaming group joining the Oath thread this year. They seem excited by the prospect.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Cyster posted:

Just because my Bones haven't gotten here doesn't mean I can't dig out a thing or two from the closet...

I, Cyster, oath a Paranoia Troubleshooter Team from (yes, really) Mongoose Publishing as Baby's First Oath!

I've had these sitting around for approximately seven years. Time to do something with 'em!

I like the cut off your jib, Cyster.

Friend computer requests that you report for mandatory protein recycling.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

That actually reminds me of a question I had:

Can models have sand/rocks/cork or other raw unpainted materials glued to their bases for the initial Oath pic? I like to add my basing material before I prime, but don't want to get ahead of myself and unintentionally piss Sushi off.

Still fine with pissing him off on purpose, though. :v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

tasty food posted:

Awwww! a BABY! I, tasty food do oath 1 p-40 warhawk for the month of may

I know this isn't a model for a game system, but I'm away from all of my stuff, if its not ok I can buy some new models for this, I am so excited!

I have that same exact model sitting half assembled on the shelf! A friend gave it to me when he was clearing out his older modeling stuff.

I'm turning it into an Ork plane. :orks101:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Those P3 prizes look awesome!

So awesome, in fact, that I am placing an order for a P3 Wet Palette and probably some brushes to try out and maybe a few other impulse buys right now from our sponsor after seeing them in this thread.

:v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

It's been a while-- let's see if I can remember how this goes.

:hist101: Oath Complete :hist101:

Kind of hard to get a good shot of everyone, so here are some closeups!

Glade Guard Closeup

Spellweaver Front

Spellweaver Back

No closeup pics of the Necron Lord, because I hate how the scheme ended up and am probably going to scrub him clean and try again another time. :colbert:

And for the Detektuv's Jurnal, here are a series of WIP shots:

WIP: Undercoating things to help the real colors go on better.

WIP: Basecoats added.

WIP: Washing things what needs washes.

WIP: Nearly there! Basic highlights done, time to pick out further details and then finish basing the models!

For scoring, I'm just claiming the Detektuv's Jurnal and Themed Group for this month. I'll wait another month or two before I get real crazy. :v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

I miss the days of our event organizers being based in Hawaii, and being able to post my Oath at 3am PST.

We need to take up a collection to relocate krushgroove to the middle of the Pacific.

e: Also eager to start on the next month, but am waiting for the next theme! Wake up and give us instructions for our internet contest about little pewter/plastic dollies!
:byodood:

Tadhg fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 1, 2013

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Brock Samsonite posted:

Alright Bionic Psyker, let's you and me! GET IT ON!

I, Brock Samsonite, oath 25 Eldar Guardians, 1 Heavy Weapons Platform, 1 VYper, 1 Wave Serpent, 10 Dire Avengers and 2 Dire Avenger Exarchs for the month of June! All models Games Workshop.

You boys be sure to play nice now. :colbert:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Fix posted:

You've aged, man. You got old. :wal:

I just don't want these young pups to get hurt. You know me-- I hear people talking about lots of models, and I just start getting all crazy.

You try to go straight. You try to take the Oath thread easy. Hell, they even start making rules so that you don't go all crazy and get yourself banned, even worse, cause the young kids to get banned imitating you because they think it's cool...

But then you're always working with a safety net, always safe with the idea of failure. Funny thing, failure-- the moment you're looking over your shoulder, trying to keep one step ahead of it is the moment that it finally catches up to you. And then you give in... I mean, it's easier to not paint, to not strive for glory, right? Watch some TV, spend some time with friends and family, watch the Oaths roll on by without trying anymore, because it's safe-- just like the safety of no-consequence Oathing. Best to just give it all up and be happy. And you think you are.

Then, one day you see a new Oath generation pushing their model count, egging each other on. You feel your heart quicken-- feel the rush of blood through your body. You fight down the urge to show them a thing or two, because you don't want to start trouble, don't want to make a commotion. You give them a concerned warning, trying to keep them from starting down that same path of trouble that you once blazed. And then you back away, because you want to play by polite society's Oath rules.

Then some rear end in a top hat goes and calls you old; starts pushing you. You're going to just keep on walking, but you realize one thing:

There ain't no rule against Toxxing this year.

:hist101: I, Tadhg, do hereby Oath 40 Wood Elf Glade Guard, 20 Wood Elf Scouts, 3 Wood Elf Banner Bearers, and 1 Treeman Ancient (all from GW Warhammer Fantasy) for the Month of June :hist101:

And I :toxx: to finish it, or post a banme thread. Victory at all costs, or death in trying! DEATH OR GLORY!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Bionic Psyker posted:

The enemies of humanity shall suffer.

Burn the heretic, kill the mutant, purge the unclean.

I oath 38 more neophytes!

Them's fight'n words, son. :clint:
(This is going to be a fun year. :v: )

I think I'm going to get to dig into my war chest...

Fix posted:

True story, the only reason Marcus Agrippa ever went to battle at all was because Marc Antony called him grandpa.

I'll at least be breaking a hip trying to skateboard with these youngsters while you're just sitting in front of Wheel of Fortune and waiting for your kids to call. :stat:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Y'know, carving battle damage into a solid pewter tree model might not have been my best Oath plan ever.

Blood will be spilt, this night...

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Ashcans posted:

Oh look it's the 13th and I have only primed my five dudes. This is what I get for oathing something that wasn't already assembled. Dammit!

Yeah, I really should get around to priming my elves so I can start on my Oath.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Question re: Oath making cutoff time!

Is the cutoff at midnight at the end of the 22nd, or midnight at the end of the 23rd? I.e., is it coming up in a few hours, or is there another day?

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

My things are all being packed up and moved around, so my camera isn't available. This month I have to make do with cellphone pics. It's been a busy month, and grinding through Elves has been low on my motivation. Things will hopefully be smoother sailing next month. For now, though, I get to declare:

Oath Complete!

63 Elves and a Treeman.

Closeup of the main event for the Detektuv's Jurnal, the battle damaged Treeman.

A few of his limbs have been scorched up by the mage who's remains impaled on those same limbs. He's been tussling with an Orc, evidenced by chop marks on his legs, the broken axe imbedded in his leg, and the orc shield that's impaled on his branch. And he's been fighting some Elves, who left behind a spear stuck in his center and a few arrows lodged in his upper branches.

Claiming the Detektuv's Jurnal and Themed Group this month.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

ineptmule posted:

:siren: Ladies and Gentlegoons! Listen the hell up! It's time to announce the first THEMED GROUP PRIZE!:siren:

Tadhg the dice gods obviously favour painting stupid amounts of miniatures as THIS OATH is the winner of the first theme prize!

A voucher or PayPal to the specified sum in your local currency will be yours! PM me or email n.kirkby at googlemail.com to claim your prize!

Well done to all who painted themed groups! I'm really pleased to see so many entries. There are going to be FIVE more randomly drawn prizes and a final JUDGED prize at the end of the year, so keep painting them groups!

I've been stupidly busy, and didn't see this until now. Woot, and thank you! PM inbound.

Although this reminds me that I need to get off my rear end and send out prizes and goodies to that are sitting in boxes to goons. I have been the worst at getting to the post office.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

I started by taking a set of blunderbuss arms from a GW Empire kit, and a GW Space Marine Scout Biker arm.

Let's rotate the wrist holding that blunderbuss, remove the hand from under the gun, and take the Space Marine's hand.

Then I took the legs from an Empire Outrider. The horse just seems too fancy for what I have planned...

Although this fancy hat will do just fine. Better cut that ugly head away.

And put it all together on a Tamiya mule model. :banjo:

:hist101: I, Tadhg, Oath to paint this... drunk guy on a mule! :hist101:

He's going to be the mounted general for my Stirland Empire army. :v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

*edited and reposted later because I missed a detail. Nothing to see here!

Tadhg fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 1, 2013

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Updated before the cutoff, because I missed the inside of the feather on the hat! :v:
Touched up and reshot, here goes:

Oath Complete!

Still in the process of moving things around this summer, so no good camera or lightbox.

Here he is, in all his :hist101:

AP Photos of the swaps:

Tadhg posted:

I started by taking a set of blunderbuss arms from a GW Empire kit, and a GW Space Marine Scout Biker arm.

Let's rotate the wrist holding that blunderbuss, remove the hand from under the gun, and take the Space Marine's hand.

Then I took the legs from an Empire Outrider. The horse just seems too fancy for what I have planned...

Although this fancy hat will do just fine. Better cut that ugly head away.

And put it all together on a Tamiya mule model. :banjo:

:hist101: I, Tadhg, Oath to paint this... drunk guy on a mule! :hist101:

He's going to be the mounted general for my Stirland Empire army. :v:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

I, Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint Sharkey and Worm (Saruman and Grima) for the month of August..

They're both from the GW Lord of the Rings miniatures line.

For the Shire! :hist101:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:Oath Complete!:hist101:

Detektuvs Jurnal: Mud and dust on Worm from him crawling on the ground, and a bit of dust on the edges of Sharkey's cloak.

ineptmule posted:

Tadhg you reprobate I still owe you a prize! Get in touch!

:aaa: I've been without internet for the past month, I'm sorry! Life has been full of a ton of e/n stuff coupled with overhauling my place, so I haven't had time for any internets or painting pewter space barbies. Summer Oaths have been done by the seat of my pants and on borrowed internet.

Things are settling down this weekend, finally, along with fancy new internet being hooked up. Emails coming, along with time for better Oath material.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101: I, Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint two Wood Elf Wardancers (28mm) from Games Workshop. :hist101:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Got back from the mountains much later than I expected, so I only had a couple hours to start/finish these. Time to post, and then get some shuteye before work in the morning.

The Jurnal for this month is the freehand warpaint/tattoos on their skin.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101: I Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint one Paymaster with Chest and two Bodyguards for my Dogs of War in the month of October. :hist101:

Paymaster and the chest come from Reaper Miniatures, the two Bodyguards are from Games Workshop.

In addition, I :toxx: to get packages sent out to Indolent Bastard and WhiteoutMouse by the end of the month. (Sorry, guys!)

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

I thankfully managed to prime my mans before the rain moved in, but still haven't been able to put a brush to models yet. Still have tonight and tomorrow night to paint!

Also, WhiteOutMouse, check your email! You have a tracking number. (So does Indolent Bastard, but he's replied to me already.)

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Who's got two thumbs, doesn't own any pink paint, and has a pot of white that dried up because he's to busy to paint regularly and shake that poo poo up?

I'll make this work, somehow...

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Yeah, prime white! Prime white... White primer... White printer? Printer is low on ink, better remember to pick some up... Ink... Sink... Sank... Need to fix the seams in the boat so it doesn't leak... Fix... Fix... What did Fix say? Prime white? White primer... Wait, I have that lovely white gesso I tried a few times and then banished to the cabinet of shame! Use the white gesso that's inside the cabinet of shame to mix with red!

Fix, you're a genius!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Quick and dirty again this month: Paymaster and bodyguard, the start of a much bigger unit for my Dogs of War army.

Jurnal gimmick this month is the pink buckler on one of the hauler's backs.

Also, never mix a color using white gesso. That stuff is going back into the cabinet of shame.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:I, Tadhg, swear an Oath to paint 3 Treekin and 1 Treeman for the month of November.:hist101:

They are both from GW's Warhammer Fantasy line.

Also, moments after the picture, the Treeman slipped off the box I was holding and this happened:

I could have sworn that I pinned all my metal models. He may have been one of the secondhand treemen that I've picked up. I'm putting this fucker back together with JB Weld this time.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Three Treekin and one Treeman:

Jurnal entry is the moss beard and hair on the Treeman.

Also, I hate GMT.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Dr. Gargunza posted:

...Dammit, I'm half an hour late! (I thought the cutoff time was 7pm USA Central Time? I show 6:33 pm here.)

There was a shift this month. It almost got me, too. In the last two hours I was timing things in my head, "Ten minutes for that coat to dry, twenty for the wash to dry, 5 minutes till I can drybrush with that brush again, etc." and was coming up short if I was going to make 5pm PST. I remembered that daylight savings time happened this month, and hoped that it would give me a extra hour in the conversion to GMT.

It's a drat good thing that I checked, because it turns out that I lost an hour. Oath is due at 4pm PST now. :negative:

I had to cut some corners to get it in on time, and in the pic can see that my bases need another coat on the rim.

The moral of the story is that I need to find time to paint earlier in the month.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Wood elves don't really have a lot of metal to do this month's theme on, and I'm still getting the models together for my big Oath.

So this month I just have this guy:

:hist101:I, Tadhg, Oath one Captain of Minas Tirith for the month of December!:hist101:

He is 28mm and from Games Workshop's LotR/Hobbit line of miniatures.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

In the name of Gondor and the White City of Kings, I declare my :hist101:Oath Complete!:hist101:

Jurnal is the NMM attempt on the sword.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Almost forgot to do this today. Damned cutoffs!

:hist101:I, Tadhg, Oath to paint Gandalf, Saruman, and a Palantir for the month of January!:hist101:

They are all from Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings line of 28mm minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Under 15 posted:

I'll take the starter set, then.

krushgroove posted:

Tadhg will be in touch, but you'll need to let him know which set :) 40K, WHFB, Hobbit?

Congrats, Oath Winner! PM sent.

• Locked thread