Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Hell yes new oath thread! Awesome OP krushgroove. Time to get stuck in!

I, Fuegan, oath to complete 3 Plague Toads from the Games Workshop range as my first oath!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Sole.Sushi posted:

:getin: (this was oddly appropriate.)

The worst part is I now have to go to work and can't start painting for about 10 hours :ohdear:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Quick WIP shot. Got a fair bit of detail to do on these guys but they are so much fun to paint!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

One down, two more (plus basing) to go! These are so simple but so much fun to paint! The nasty looking saliva worked a treat too.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Really happy to get these guys done this quickly. Really fun models to paint. To spice them up a bit, I decided to add a representation of the Slime Trail special rule, leaving a layer of slime in their wake on the bases, which can be seen better on the fourth picture. The grass was also arranged in such a way that the dead-looking grass is closer to the Beast of Nurgle, representing the foliage dying off due to the proximity of one of Nurgle's beasties.

Detektuv's Jurnal: Suiting Up

One Time Bonus: Parts List

So in order to paint these, I used all Games Workshop paints. I started off by gap filling with Green Stuff before priming them with Skull White spray. The basecoat consisted of a coat of Athonian Camoshade wash, followed by a 50/50 mix of Athonian Camoshade and Coelia Greenshade. The exposed flesh sections were basecoated with Tallarn Flesh, before being washed with Bloodletter Glaze and small amounts of Agrax Earthshade for shading. The boils were painted with Scab Red followed by two layers of Bleached Bone to give them a vivid look. The horns, teeth and claws were basecoated with Snakebite Leather, washed with Agrax Earthshade and then layered with Bleached Bone and then a 50/50 mix of Bleached Bone with White Scar. The eyes were painted with a basecoat layer of Yriel Yellow, then washed around the eyelid with Agrax Earthshade before a second coat of Yriel Yellow was applied. This was followed by a highlight layer of Flash Gitz Yellow and a spot of White Scar for a final highlight.

The base was coated with sand and painted with Bestial Brown, then drybrushed with Bubonic Brown, followed by Bleached Bone. A mixture of Dead Grass and standard Grass (both from Games Workshop scenic tubs) was glued to the base, and then a layer of Citadel Water Effects was mixed with Athonian Camoshade to create the slime trails. Lastly, I used UHU brand glue to apply the trails of saliva that can be seen on the models by drawing the glue between two points with a cocktail stick to produce a build-up of strands.

Edit: Apparently because I completed Parts List and Suiting Up, I get to claim that I had Double The Fun, which I most certainly did!

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 23, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I have the urge to add something to my completed oath that I will forget to paint and cause me to fail entirely :v: Shame I've already started on the three Plague Drones I have or they would have been perfect. I'm sure I'll find something to add.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Got a rules question which may have been answered previously. I think the answer is probably no, but if I'm making an Alternate Universe oath addition (this Soul Grinder is staring at me, demanding I start painting it) do I need to bother with pictures of my already completed oath since this isn't going to have an effect on my points total this month?

Also I wish I could call my Plague Toads a themed group. Stupid set of 3 large but still 28mm models...

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Fuegan posted:

Hell yes new oath thread! Awesome OP krushgroove. Time to get stuck in!

I, Fuegan, oath to complete 3 Plague Toads from the Games Workshop range as my first oath!

Just read the OP and yes, I do need to include my original oath it seems (figured it's better to have this and not the finished one since that might screw up the searching for finished oaths?)

So I guess I, Fuegan, oath to complete this converted Soul Grinder in an Alternate Universe!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Zhent posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Finishing my first ever oath feels pretty good - Let me see what I can do to rack up some bonus points while I go here.

These look really cool. I especially like the lighting effect on the front. Was that airbrushed on? Looks sweet.

That said, drill your barrels! :black101:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Especially if you get it by doing two Detektuv's Jurnals, or by doing one Jurnal and one one-time bonus.

For some reason I assumed it had to be two Detektuv's Jurnals OR two One Time Bonuses. Well you know what happens when you assume! I guess this means that since I completed Parts List and Suiting Up, I get Double The Fun too! (I know you said you'd check completed oaths but I'll go back and edit mine to include it)

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Thought I'd post a quick WIP of my Alernate Universe oath. Pretty happy with how the green stuff detailing looks now I've got some paint on it!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I thought I did well to actually get three models painted this month. Holy gently caress Red Shoe :stare:

I do love the last days of the month and seeing everyone's oaths coming in. All looking awesome.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I, Fuegan, oath to paint 4 Seekers of Slaanesh, one Herald of Slaanesh on Steed and one Eldar Guardian.

I would like to nominate the Seekers and Herald as a Themed Group.

I couldn't figure out a way that I'd want to do battle damage on Daemons since I imagine they're pretty pristine what with being warp entities that disappear when wounded, so I thought I'd throw in the Guardian as an excuse to try out the Alaitoc colour scheme.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

It's 1am here and I've just started doing some painting purely because I saw how much stuff you guys oathed and felt bad that I hadn't done anything today on the measly 6 models I put in my oath. Thanks guys. I don't need sleep or anything.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Bachtere posted:

:shivdurf:Judge Time!:shivdurf:

2nd Place, 2 Points: Fuegan

Not only did the slime effect turn out awesome, but from top to bottom the other parts of the models are just as cool and filthy. The horns/teeth/claws, the open wounds, the skin, all of it maintained a consistent tone.

Thanks dude. This was really awesome to check up on when I got back from a pretty hectic weekend. Really behind on my painting so far so need to get cracking on the current oath!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

This month isn't looking too great for me either. 7 days left to do a whole lot more work on my Seekers (and the stupid distracting Guardian I wish I hadn't bothered with) having finally figured out how I want to do the colours on the various skin types.

Did some work on this one but I really need to tidy it up and finish up.

This one was some of the work done tonight and I'm happy with how it's coming along so far.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

gilljoy posted:

That's one fantastic penis horse boob thing.

Colours look very nice would you mind saying what you used?

Not at all!

The black is simply a drybrush of Eshin Grey, Dawnstone and Administratum Grey. The skin is a base of Warpfiend Grey, a layer of Slaanesh Grey and a highlight of Slaanesh Grey/White Scar. Any parts that required shading were done with a Druchii Violet/Nuln Oil mix over the basecoat before reapplying Warpfiend to the raised areas before highlighting. Hair is Xereus Purple and will be finished up with a drybrush of Genestealer Purple and then a GSP/White Scar mix before washing with Druchii Violet. The "ribs" on the first picture were 2:1 Daemonette Hide/Black, then a Daemonette Hide layer. I'll probably do a highlight of DH/Slaanesh Grey on some of the edges.

Hope that helps!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah, oath failed. Busy weekends and evenings plus a slightly more ambitious few models to paint (5 plus mounts in a scheme I wasn't entirely settled on) and one stupid Guardian I instantly regretted oathing means I can't be bothered to do any more work on them. That and it's really warm for 11pm at night so I don't even have the energy to try and power through for a couple of hours. Oh well. If I oath them to save da whales next month, do I have include the Guardian from the original oath?

They're all around this stage, although some of the steeds have less highlighting.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 30, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Another month eh? Well I'm not sure I'll get the journal done on this dude due to not really wanting to chop it up but I, Fuegan, oath one Flamer of Tzeentch from the Games Workshop range.

Now I'm sure you're thinking "But Fuegan, only one model? Surely that isn't enough if you want to get your Daemons painted for November?" and you would be correct. However, after the shame I bought upon myself last month for not finishing my oath in time, I have no choice but to attempt to Save Dem Whales and finish the five Seekers of Slaanesh and their Eldar Guardian victimbuddy.

The original oath can be found here.

This is what they currently look like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Over half way through the month and I've done no painting since the first day after oathing. It's been consistently about 28-30C here over the last couple of weeks and it's just too warm to concentrate on painting. Either going to be a crazy rush or a horrible failure.

• Locked thread