Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren:incoming oath for 5 converted Plague Marines from Games Workshop:siren:

These are either bare plastic or white primer with sculpting putty added so there is only one color so far, just to clear up possible confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: WIP PICS INCOMING :siren:

A lot of firsts for my first oath of the year. My first space marines, my first conversions with putty, My first edge highlighting, my first non "slap a few coats of paint on and dip/wash" paint job.

FRONT:

BACK:

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

I rolled a tiny ball of magic sculp and put it on and poked my rounded shaper into it and then lightly reamed it out to give it a bowl/barnacle look.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Another WIP shot. I got a little more work done on their fearless leader.

And a group shot. None of the nice colors come out on the cell pics but hopefully it will look as good as it does in person when I do the complete pictures on a real camera. As it stands now I mostly paint at work and have no access to a camera.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I have a question about my conversion oath.:siren:

I did not take a picture before I converted them, but I have a picture CyberlordXP sent me when I was going to purchase the minis from him. They are the models in white primer and the Seargant in bare plastic would this count or no?

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Yeah, I saw that we needed a before conversion picture for it to count so I wanted to make sure that one would work for my current oath.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

I have 5 CONVERTED plague marines which I think count as a THEME too. Here are the before pictures. These were some of the primed guys and the bare plastic Sergeant.

And some WIP shots too:

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I Hereby oath 5 Mantic Veer-Myn Stalkers for June :siren:

My cell camera is garbage so let me know if I need to resubmit because I can do so whenever the wife returns with the camera.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Nice things about my conversion.

Thank you for the kind words and extra points. I was not expecting to get any judge attention. When the theme is right I will probably oath and convert the termies i have too.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

I had to resort to my crappy camera for these completed pictures but hopefully I can get some better ones tomorrow.

Here is my battle damaged guy. I cut into the area under his eye a bit and then painted the eye white instead of green, and added a bit of scar coloring.

Here is the group, front and back.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

I knew it was coming and I embrace my comic sans. I couldn't get an edit in in time. This month I promise to put my name in. Good looking stuff in that slideshow too. This is a great oath year so far.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there a Dreadball thread around here? I never read much about people actually playing it.

Right here friend. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545830&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark oath 1 Pathfinder Goblin from Reaper. :siren:

She will be getting a new item for the cut and swap ingredient so this is a before pic.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Some WIP pictures, I started before getting approval because I will be doing some sculpting and I wanted plenty of time.

Cut her whip and Swapped with a staff. Which will be sculpted not just paperclip.

Here is my original post for a before image:

TarDolphinorShark posted:

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark oath 1 Pathfinder Goblin from Reaper. :siren:

She will be getting a new item for the cut and swap ingredient so this is a before pic.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: Oath Complete :siren:

I did the CUT AND SWAP so here are the before and some progress images.

And some more complete pictures, the camera shows all the nasty details but from arms length I must say this is the nicest thing I have painted so far. It feels good to work hard toward improving.

Album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/UIswn/titledesc

The angle on the photos makes her eyes look a little wonky too.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: Incoming oath :siren:

I TarDolphinorShark oath one 28mm Ramshackle Games Dunger for August.

I didnt get a chance to post my oath before we moved so I hope i'm not too late.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

The Journal weathering was done via a rusty mask.

This guy looks a million times better in person. It is one of my favorite things I've painted so far. The subtle blue gray undercoat on his fur doesnt really show up very well in the pictures. The rust effect also looks a heck of a lot better in person as well. All in all I am pleased and had a lot of fun painting this guy.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

I had to take the pictures at work with a cell phone and no really good light. The banana worked really well for adjusting the camera's light meter and was a great snack.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark oath this Reaper Bones Goblin for the month of September :siren:

I finally got most of my stuff unpacked from a recent move. Time to paint!

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Following in my trend of having camera problems I must submit another cellphone picture.
The jurnal entry FREE HAND can be found on this little guy's head tattoo.

Fingers crossed I can get real pictures for whatever I oath next month!

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark Oath one pathfinder goblin from Reaper Bones :siren:

He only has some green on him from a previous start about two months ago. It seems I can finish him this month!

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Jurnal can be found in his PINK loin cloth and feathers.
This was a really fun model to paint I cant wait to finish the rest of these guys.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

WOW thanks Oath thread! I just sent my messages. Now to find something to paint facial hair onto.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

November was a busy month for me so I didnt get to oath but I am hoping I can get this :siren: INCOMING OATH :siren: completed for December to make up time.

I oath 5 Plague models from Mantic games

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Oh before I forget I still have not gotten my Troll Trader prize, the metal starter kit. No rush just reminding you just in case. I got the Infinity troops though, and they are really nice looking models. Too bad they will probably sit unpainted for a while because of Deadzone.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Oath complete! My computer is on the fritz and so I have to post from my phone. Sadly that means no name in the photo. But it is complete!

Sorry didn't look that big on the phone.

TarDolphinorShark fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You're severely breaking tables: please edit your post to put your image into <timg> tags. Also: I assume no Jurnal this month.

Sorry it didn't look nearly that big on the awful app. I did not get a chance to include the jurnal for this month either.

• Locked thread