Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
I, KamNZ, oath that I will paint these 5 Games Workshop Grey Knight Interceptors. Look, a Baby!

I appreciate that using a silver primer for GKs means I'm mostly done, but I promise to bumble through multiple layers of washes, glazes and highlights for minimal effect all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
OATH COMPLETE!

Bonuses:The Detektuv’s Jurnal, Parts List, Double the Fun!

Despite being into the game since second edition, this is the first squad of marines I've ever actually painted. Pretty happy with how they turned out.

Detektuv's Jurnal:

After priming with the Army Painter primer I gave everything the once over with Secret Weapon's Soft Body Black Wash. This runs pretty nicely into all the grooves in the power armour and doesn't darken the base colour too much.

Adding my first coat of GW Ceramite White over Vallejo Stonewall Gray. Took a lot more coats of this to get a nice clean white than I expected...

Dunking in the static grass. We were hit with a cold snap overnight which meant the PVA glue I used dried white instead of clear. So I ended up having to paint over some of the grass to tidy things up.

Parts List:

Primer:
Army Painter - Platemail Metal Primer

Paints:
Army Painter - Gun Metal
Army Painter - Platemail Metal
Army Painter - Strongtone Wash
Citadel - Abaddon Black
Citadel - Auric Armour Gold
Citadel - Ceramite White
Citadel - Evil Sunz Scarlet
Citadel - Hashup Copper
Citadel - Hawk Turquoise
Citadel - Mephiston Red
P3 - Menoth White Highlight
P3 - Solid Gold
Secret Weapon - Soft Body Black Wash
Vallejo Game Color - Beasty Brown
Vallejo Game Color - Brassy Brass
Vallejo Game Color - Charred Brown
Vallejo Game Color - Khaki
Vallejo Game Color - Stonewall Grey
Vallejo Game Extra Opaque - Heavy Warmgrey
Vallejo Model Color - Beige Red
Vallejo Model Color - Basalt Grey
Vallejo Model Color - Dark Sand
Vallejo Model Color - Deep Sky Blue
Vallejo Model Color - German Camo Beige
Vallejo Panzer Aces - Periscopes
Vallejo Wash - Fleshtone Shade
Vallejo Wash - Sepia Shade

Basing:

Gale Force 9 Dead/Winter Static Grass
Greenfingers Filtered Sand
Woodland Scenics Medium Grey Ballast

Misc:
Liquitex Flow Aid
Liquitex Fluid Retarder
Sakura Micron Pen 005 Black
Vallejo Glaze Medium

Being my first squad i fluffed around with a few different options so there are a few more paints in there than I would ultimately end up using for the basic paint scheme.

Bring on next month :cheers:

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...

Leperflesh posted:

You could do Themed Group if you want! Please post to let me know if you add that in to your complete post.

In that case, please add Themed Group, Thanks!

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
I, KamNZ, Oath to paint a Terminator Librarian and a Rifleman Dreadnought for June

Both are from Games Workshop and both are 28mm scale.

This month's Jurnal is perfect for me to try out some damage and weathering on the dread :black101:

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
OATH COMPLETE!

1 x Terminator Librarian and 1 x Battle Damaged Dreanought~

My first go with weathering powders, so I may have overdone it a little :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
I, KamNZ, Oath to paint 1 x GW Draigo converted to Grand Master Mordrak, 1 x GW Grey Knight Ghost Terminator conversion and 1 x Warlord Sigurd from Reaper.

These are all 28mm.

Was planning to chop and change with the ghost termie but I'm really liking the pose so I can't bring myself to cut him up....

• Locked thread