Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, oath that I will paint 5 Foundry Men at Arms (being used as Warhammer Battle Pilgrims) and 1 GW Bretonnian Knight of the Realm for the month of May!

First time Oather so...
Awwww! a BABY! First-time oathing? You get a point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I have a quick question, for the Speed Painting bonus does that have to be for the entire oath, or can you do the speed painting bonus for one model in the oath? For instance if I am painting several models so as to meed the squad requirements can I choose one of those models and do the speed painting bonus for it?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oops. I guess I suck at reading. Definitely going to do that one though as I generally like to do most of a model in one sitting if I can.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Hopefully I can clear this table of mid-way projects I've got on the go, so I can do some oaths along side you guys!

Don't let that stop you. I have a lord riding a half painted horse and 6 High Elf Swordmasters that just need a couple things done. I actually am planning to do that stuff on top of my oath...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm not going to lie these new open themes and add on themes and other poo poo is getting confusing.

I know... I am already trying to plan out how to do like 6 or 7 of the bonuses in addition to the detektuv jurnel so I can knock them out while I have slightly more free time then I will this summer.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I am almost done with the 6 swordmasters sitting on my desk and then I can start painting my oath. I look forward to it, as well as creating funny stories/taking pictures to pick up some bonus points.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Quick question. I am painting my speed painting guy right now. Should I post him as soon as he is done or do we just need to post the pictures near the clock for him when we post the pictures for the rest of our oath being completed?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, have completed Speed Painting!

Also what is with weather in the Midwest recently. Like half my state got a ton of snow in May...

I might as well include Part's List:
1 Foundry Men at Arms
1 Gale Force 9 magnetic base
Base was does with medium and small grit and small grass patches from the Gale Force 9 "Summer Pasture" Basing Kit
Citadel Static Grass
Citadel Paints: Waaagh! Flesh, Kislev Flesh, Caledor Sky, Runefang Steel, Hashut Copper, Leadbelcher, Ceramite White, Mournfang Brown, Skrag Brown, Mephiston Red, Abaddon Black, Macagge Blue, 'ardcoat,
I also used a X-acto knife and the Citadel clippers
I used Floquil Silver Fox/Renard Argente Brushs

Since these were both done on the same model this means: Double the Fun!

Unless someone tells me otherwise I will post these against when I complete the rest of my Oath.

Also can I make a alternate universe oath before I have finished the rest of my oath? Just got this High Elf Loremaster who wants me to paint him...

Pash fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 5, 2013

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pash posted:

I, Pash, oath that I will paint 5 Foundry Men at Arms (being used as Warhammer Battle Pilgrims) and 1 GW Bretonnian Knight of the Realm for the month of May!

First time Oather so...
Awwww! a BABY! First-time oathing? You get a point!

Pash here making an Alternative Universe Oath to paint 1 High Elf Loremaster from GW

Really want to play with this guy, so despite not being done with 5/6ths of the rest of my oath this guy will jump to the top of my list.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

WIP

Spent some time making a cool base for one of my guys. I am thinking next month that I will oath a Pegasus Knight, make a big cool rock base like this and have him flying over it. Should be fun.

Then I put one of my knights up on the rock. I think it turned out really well.

Getting close to finishing my infantry. All their shields still need to be done though (even the one on the guys back in the picture) as they have a hole in the center that does not like to line up well with the slots available for them. This basically results in me needing to use green stuff to fill in the hole and try to make the shield look flat...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

I would like this to be entered as a Themed Group

Original:

Detektuv's Jurnal: Suiting Up

I took a lot of pictures and figured I would post a lot of them:

Started just getting the metal basecoated

Then moved on to base coating the rest of the models

Here is one of my bases before I attached a guy to it

I changed one of the guys shirts color after deciding he needed a little more variety in his model's paint scheme.

Did some washes and highlighting and finished up a second model to go with the guy I speed painted.

Here are the rest of the infantry models with shading done.

The shields have holes in them and attach on metal bits, but leave little gaps, so i put in some green stuff to fill them, and then sanded it down.

Resulting in nice smooth shields. The last step was then to freehand the stripes onto the shields.

Here is a picture of the horse for my knight with the base coat on.

The Knight then comes together.

In the original oath image you may notice all the infantry guys have bases. I kept this for the guy I speed painted, but didn't really like it so i ended up cutting the bases off of the other ones. I also messed with the knight of the realm a little bit as I really don't like the look of the grass things they have connected to each foot of the horse. I ended up cutting all of those off and just super gluing on foot to the base and another foot to a "rock" I made out of some cork board. Overall I really like how it turned out.

Bonus Points:

Backstory

Having traveled to the Boarder Kingdoms to slay Greenskins, Sir Laudunet of Carcassonne found that he was spending far too much time waiting for something to happen. Each castle he came too had been experiencing a lull in attacks, with rumors of Greenskin movement nearby. And yet no matter how long he waited Sir Laudunet had yet to find himself a battle. If he waited at a castle for a month the Greenskins would attack half a week after he left. If he stayed in a castle for 3 months they would attack after three months and a day. Several times he had turned back toward a caste a day after leaving it, only to find the battle already fought and won by the time he returned. Amongst those that he traveled with he heard whispers of Sir Laudunet the Impacient amongst other jabs at his honor. Each day he prayed to find battle, and each day he missed another close at hand opportunity.

Strike A Pose

Sir Erec raised his sword in the air and gave a hell to alert his men. Seemingly out of nowhere a large group of Elves were approaching the tower. Seeing as they had not heard from their scouts for several days Sir Erec assumed the worst. While he only had a few men the tower would be provide cover from the archers taking up positions on the hills, and he could stop more than a few of the approaching Sword Masters from being able to fight at a time. Sir Erec's real fear was the lone wizard that appeared to be leading the opposing army. He sent a prayer to the lady and prepared for the battle he was sure would be his last.

I also plan to do the In Battle Bonus as soon as I get a game in.

Also:

Alternative Universe Oath Competed:

Original:

WIP:

I had done this before:

Pash posted:

I, Pash, have completed Speed Painting!

I might as well include Part's List:
1 Foundry Men at Arms
1 Gale Force 9 magnetic base
Base was does with medium and small grit and small grass patches from the Gale Force 9 "Summer Pasture" Basing Kit
Citadel Static Grass
Citadel Paints: Waaagh! Flesh, Kislev Flesh, Caledor Sky, Runefang Steel, Hashut Copper, Leadbelcher, Ceramite White, Mournfang Brown, Skrag Brown, Mephiston Red, Abaddon Black, Macagge Blue, 'ardcoat,
I also used a X-acto knife and the Citadel clippers
I used Floquil Silver Fox/Renard Argente Brushs

Since these were both done on the same model this means: Double the Fun!

Edit:

Took a picture of my game the other day to the the In Battle! bonus point.

Edit 2:
I decided the original pictures sucked and wanted to get some better ones. Some are still a little blurry, but I am working with a phone camera here... Here they are:

Pash fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 29, 2013

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I updated my Oath Complete post with a picture I took the other day with one of my oathed models In Battle!. The pictures did not all turn out great, but here is one of the better ones showing my knight with a bunch of other knights marching across the battle field.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I decided that the pictures I posted with my completed oath kinda sucked, so here are some better ones.

Some are still a little blurry, but I am working with a phone camera here... Here they are:

A little paint seems to have chipped off that guys back...

I also edited these picture into the end of my original oath completed post.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath to paint in the month of June 5 GW Sanguinary Guard and 2 Foundry Men at Arms (which I have learned are just 3rd edition GW Bretonnian Foot Knights)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pash Oath Completed!

I pushed right to the limit this month but I finished up today!

Detektuv's Jurnal: Battle Damage

I didn't really want to scratch at my models, so I put an arrow through this guys shield.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Detektuv Jurnal question. Does it count if I change the head on a model even if I don't need to cut the head off (separate bit) but do need to cut a bit of plastic off to make the new head fit? I did this for a GW Bretonnian Grail Reliquae I made a couple months ago and it took a bit of cutting and some green stuff, and I could do it again for a commander of some Men at Arms if I wanted too. Otherwise I would probably just try to change the pose of an arm or a leg on a Tau Crisis Suit...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath these 5 Tau Drones from GW for the month of July!

4 are currently gun drones, and the 5th is a shield drone I converted a while ago.

I was stupid this month and started painting a bunch of stuff without making an oath first... guess here are a few more. Will post when I convert a couple of these drones from gun drones to Markerlight drones for the Jurnul.

Pash fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 12, 2013

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath these 5 Tau Drones from GW for the month of July!

4 are currently gun drones, and the 5th is a shield drone I converted a while ago.

I was stupid this month and started painting a bunch of stuff without making an oath first... guess here are a few more. Will post when I convert a couple of these drones from gun drones to Markerlight drones for the Jurnul.

Detekuv Jurnul:
Coverted 2 of the drones to markerlight drones:

Also the Shield drone in the original photo was originally a gun drone like these 2, so I guess 3 of these are conversions.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Close-ups of each one:

I have completed the Cut and Swap goal. Any of the last three would qualify, and I posted them earlier, but if I had to choose one I would pick:

or the shield drone.

This group also is a Themed Group

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath 10 GW Men at Arms and 4 GW Peasent Trebuchet Crewmen for the month of August!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I have a question about the Weathering Jurnal. For it can you do the stuff to the base? You mentioned using mud, and I based 4 of my guys to make them look like they were standing on muddy ground. Would this count or I have to throw some mud on their models?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pash posted:

I have a question about the Weathering Jurnal. For it can you do the stuff to the base? You mentioned using mud, and I based 4 of my guys to make them look like they were standing on muddy ground. Would this count or I have to throw some mud on their models?

Can I get an answer on this?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Sorry - saw this a while ago but didn't get around to answering it. Anyway, yes - the base is part of the model, so if you're adding mud effects (whatever those may be) to the base, you're good.

Thanks. I'm glad, the mud base is awesome, but the model looked good enough that I didn't want to throw more mud on the guys cloths.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Everyone Together:

Trebuchet Crew:

These guys are my Weathering Detektuv Jurnul. Instead of my normal basing of gravel and grass I made a wet mud looking base to show the crew toiling away in a small area by their trebuchet.

A better angle on the mud of their bases:

Men at Arms:

I am also claming the Fly your Flag! bonus point!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Sweet, just realized I forgot to write themed group on my oath completed post, only to find that you already credited me with it anyway! Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, oath 1 Tau Crisis Suit by GW for the month of September!

Its primed white, the metal looking bits are magnets that are not painted.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Direwolf posted:

OK, I took the sticker off my laptop now, so:

I, Direwolf, oath to paint 1 Missy (Mixed breed, bites feet) for the month of September

I don't feel like that dog will appreciate being painted. Also I see multiple colors so you should probably prime the dog and retake your picks if you want Krushgroove to accept your post.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I sent my information by email to both Ineptmule and Krushgroove to be safe. Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Thanks Ineptmule for getting the prize out so quick! I have already spent it and a little bit more to acquire a High Elf Phoenix for myself. I look forward to painting it when it arrives.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

One completed Tau Crisis suit with two extra weapons. everything is magnetized so i can switch the gear, which can be seen in the last 2 images. I disliked the shield pod, and being that I was playing tau, aka anime robots, I thought I might as well reference some of my favorite giant anime robots. To do this I replaced the tau shield module with a Bretonnian Men at arms shield. The rectangular shape was more Gundum esq, which I furthered by putting an 08 on the shield because 8th MS Team was awesome. Finally because I did not feel like that was enough for the freehand thing I added the Zone of the Enders symbol to the bottom of the shield.

Detekuv Jurnal:
I freehanded the stuff on the shield and the odd little symbol on the back

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath to paint 1 Bretonnian Knight from GW for the month of October

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

I also completed the Jurnal, which should be obvious from my picture... because my guy this month is the most aware knight:

Originally I was just going to make him be a pink knight, but when I went to put a transfer on his shield and on the horse I couldn't find anything that I wanted to use... So instead I painted the breast cancer awareness ribbon on him.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath to paint 6 Men at Arms, 1 Bretonnian Damsel, a pile of junk to be an objective marker, and 2 spike fense things, for the month of Novemeber! These are all GW products

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Kinda an oath addition, not really.

As part of my oath I was creating a pile of junk to be a unit filler/objective marker. In making that I found and decided to use this bit, here is a picture showing its not painted yet.

Thus I am not adding a thing to my final oath, just adding this bit to the pile of junk. Hope this makes sense.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Cool I just wanted to make sure I have someone notice that and be like: "No proof that wasn't painted! OATH FAILED! Because seriously I have everything painted but that junk pile right now...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!!!

I'm counting them as two groups, as one is a block of infantry and the other group is fences and stuff.

Men at Arms Musician, Champion, 4 other men at arms, and a Bretonnian Damsel:

2 fences and a unit filler/objective marker:

I am claiming I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 for this one, assuming that objective markers are okay:

Detekuv Jurnul:

I gave this guy a mohawk. I was gonna give him a Afro... but when I made this I just liked it too much. Its just some green stuff painted black on a bald men at arms head.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath one GW Bretonnain Trebuchet and 4 Peasant Crewmen for the month of December!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group

Detektuv Jurnal
I gave it a try on all 4 peasants, but I will just use this one for the jurnal:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath to paint 6 Mantic Werewolves and 1 Mantic Lich for the month of January!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

bhsman posted:

I want to start painting but I haven't been approved yet. :ohdear:

If you followed all the instructions you usually don't need to wait for approval... I mean mine has not been approved yet I have painted 2 of the models and have some paint on all the others...

• Locked thread