Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache oath 9 cultists and one converted warden for the month of May. everything is from Games Workshop. Awww, it's a baby!

I really want to make a bigger oath, but I'm really busy this month so it's going to be challenge just to get these guys painted :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Leperflesh posted:

*conversion stuff*

Welp, I think you can remove me from that list. The model was already converted when I made my oath, so I don't have any conversion WIP photos.

I'll be sure to take pictures while converting next time. I still have a Vendetta and it's not gonna build itself.

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 26, 2013

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH COMPLETE!

This was literally the last evening in this month that I have any time to paint anything, and just as I finished taking pictures I started having computer troubles, I had to jump through so many hoops to upload these pictures :downs:

I'm using these guys as Penal Legionnaires in my Cadian army. In case anyone is interested, the Warden's head and right arm are from Hellhound commander, other parts are from Cadian HQ sprue. I'd like to enter these as a Themed group.

Detective's journal

Painting the uniforms with Kommando Khaki over Bestial Brown

My army's main colors are Kommando Khaki and Dark Angels Green, with Scorched Brown details. I wanted these guys to have a more rundown appearance and color scheme than the rest of the army, so I used more brown.

When I paint, I can't focus on too many details at once, so up until the previous picture I painted all the models at thee same time. In this picture I have painted the details one model at a time. After this I inked and based all the models simultaneously again.

Basing. I've snatched some sand from a nearby playground, I find real sand works better for basing than fake sand and is a lot cheaper. These are now also the first guys in my army to be based. Just 60 more to go :gonk:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well, I was considering for a long while wether I should do an oath this month or not, seeing that I'll be abroad for most of this month. Then I realized that from a pure points perspective, making an oath, even though I'll probably fail it, is worth more points than not making one at all. With that in mind

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint this one veteran guardsman with a plasmagun, made by GW.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Well, I was considering for a long while wether I should do an oath this month or not, seeing that I'll be abroad for most of this month. Then I realized that from a pure points perspective, making an oath, even though I'll probably fail it, is worth more points than not making one at all. With that in mind

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint this one veteran guardsman with a plasmagun, made by GW.

I went and did a bad thing, I didn't even wait for an approval before announcing that

OATH COMPLETE

I'm also claiming Speed painting, Detektuv's Journal and Double the Fun! Here's a close up of the battle damage. Since he's using a plasmagun prone to overheating, I wanted his arm to look it's been badly burned. I couldn't get the sleeve to look as scorched as I wanted to, but I'm really pleased with the skin. I just basically had no plans and just experimented, and turns out a little red wash gives that nice pinkish scar tissue look.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Since I finished only one model last month, time to step it up a bit...

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint the following in the month of July: 1 Hellhound, 1 Cyber Mastiff, 1 Chosen Chaos Space Marine, 8 Imperial Guard veterans, 1 Banner/Objective marker, 1 Commissar and one Vendetta.

EDIT: Oh, everything is made by Games Workshop. Forgot to mention that.

That's the body I'm using as a base when converting the Commissar, and those Valkyrie flier bits will be the majority of a Vendetta flier. I haven't chosen/scavenged all the bits I'm going to need for those two, so is it okay if I take WIP pictures as I build them to show the parts used?

Also, two questions just to clarify I've understood this months oath. To complete the oath, I will have to cut something, just swapping parts is not enough, right? And I must take photos before and after cutting, a photo of an uncut model for comparison is not enough, correct?

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 4, 2013

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Alright, thanks for the clarification.

RE Oath Repentance: I like the idea of making a shame model to repent, it could lead to some funny and/or awesome conversions and paintjobs. And giving a chance to regain lost points seems fair, this thread is all about getting stuff done.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
This month I feel like I've bit more than I can chew and I'm getting real tired of painting Imperial Guard. Also Steam Summer Sales have been detrimental to my painting time. But I wont throw the towel yet!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Cutting and swapping has been done.

Here's a Redemptionist Confessor...

... and swap head and arms and we have an Imperial Guard Commissar.

(It's a slight adjustment)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH COMPLETE

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Cutting and swapping has been done.

Here's a Redemptionist Confessor...

... and swap head and arms and we have an Imperial Guard Commissar.

(It's a slight adjustment)

And here's a finished Cut'n'swap Commissar for this months journal

I'm claiming Fly your flag for the banner

Also these are the first vehicles I've painted in 15 or so years, and probably 3rd and 4th vehicle I've painted ever. They're not special, but I feel proud of them.

And these veterans are getting a bit of Background. They are also a Themed group

quote:

"Let me tell you a little something about the squad I work with. We've been serving in this regiment longer than anybody else, and that means we've each earned a nickname and the right to use it. We're the toughest SOBs around here, and I don't mean Sisters of Battle.

First up there's Ol' Frosty. He told me 'I've killed a renegade Space Marine.' I asked him 'How do you tell a renegade Space Marine from a loyal Space Marine?' He replied 'Well, y'see, they..umm, they've got these.. Well, poo poo.' Ol' Frosty hasn't been boasting much since that.

Next up is Mumbles, the guy with the weird cage on his head. No one knows his real name, or where he's from, or what's up with that cage. It's not that he doesn't say anything, quite contrary. He talks constantly. Thing is, with that iron mask, none of us can understand a word he's saying. And it's not like we're really interested anyway.

The guy wearing the navy grey is Ace, our former pilot. Former, because the dumb fool got his Valkyrie shot down, with my squad inside. We landed behind enemy lines. I was pissed off with him, but I couldn't just leave him there to die. So I assigned him a plasma gun.

The handsome devil in the middle is me, Sarge. Sarge stands for Sarge Tough As Nails And Will Straight Up Beat Your Sorry rear end If You Disrespect Him. I've got many other nicknames as well, that's what makes me the sergeant.

Then we've got Grunt. Dumb as a sack of bricks and the biggest man in the regiment. Can't seem to find himself a jacket that fits him. He is followed by a servoskull we were sent to recover from a ruined Manufactorum. Guess it was the wrong skull or something, since the Enginseers didn't want it after all, so it started following Grunt everywhere.

The guy kneeling there is Shadow. So brilliant sharpshooter, got himself on a covert mission. Very hush hush. He says he worked with the Inquisition, and that shoulder plate of his is an award for his skilled service. I say he stole it.

Behind him is Shock. Crazy bastard swings that flail around everywhere. I always send him first into danger. I'm sorry that he keeps coming back.

And last up is Demo, you guessed it, our explosives expert. We rarely receive any demolitions of our own, so he just disables enemy bombs. That's why he keeps gathering all these bits of metal and crafting himself a better armor. He's not a very good disabler."
So all in all, that's Journal, Fly your flag, Background and Themed group

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Leperflesh posted:

We decided Space Hulk minis count as 40k because you can use them for 40k, but I'm not sure if Necromunda models could be used in 40k (like, is there a ganger unit in imperial guard armies or something?)

Necromunda could handily be used as IG Penal Legion. I use Necromunda Redemptionists as Chaos Cultists and am planning on using Enforcers as Storm Troopers. So yes, Necromunda can be used in 40k.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh poopy, I took Oath pictures yesterday but forgot to upload them.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 15 Night Goblins and 5 Chaos Cultists. Both are GW and the Cultists are 40k.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Detective's journal: The cultists are all filthy and grimy.

I'm also claiming Themed group.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 5 Lychguard, Cryptek, Illuminor Szeras and 3 Maneaters in the month of September by GW (28mm)

I hope the picture is clear enough, I seem to goofed the lighting on this one.

EDIT: Manufactorer and scale, correct model name

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 7, 2013

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Leperflesh posted:

Who makes these figures, please?

Ah dang, forgot that. They're all by GW. I edited that into my oath post.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 5 Lychguard, Cryptek, Nemesor Zahndrek and 3 Maneaters in the month of September by GW (28mm)

I hope the picture is clear enough, I seem to goofed the lighting on this one.

Another goof I made: it's Illuminor Szeras and not Nemesor Zahndrek. Yes, this is an army I just started and don't know the names :D I've edited the oath post to have accurate name.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm gonna vote for Slimnoid because his oath is pretty and I think he find use for the prize model.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

I'm guessing that...word...means 'September'?

It does. World time server gives the local time in local language, so Finnish stands out since our months are not derived from Latin. But there's a couple of us oathing here, so if you get suspicious you can always check that every Finn has the same moonspeak.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Here's a closeup of the freehanded tattoos.

Claiming Detective's Journal and Themed group

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 8 Necron Warriors, 5 Chaos Space Marines and one CSM Rhino for the month of October. All models are by GW (28mm)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Just FYI, the lighting on your pic makes it really hard to count how many marine models you have there, and the date is reeeally fuzzy but barely readable. I don't want to sound like I'm getting on anyone's case, just want to make sure I can count the models and read the complete date! :)
Ok, I took another picture with the number of marines clearer (although now the necron warriors are hidden), and hopefully the date is readable now that I linked the original image and not the large thumbnail.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This is a thing of beauty you've painted.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

These guys have pink on their shoulder pads as part of the journal. Also claiming themed.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Just to clarify: I need to add hair to an usually hairless model, just painting a model that already has a moustache is not enough, correct?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
For the month of November, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Imperial Guard Chimera, two Imperial Guardsmen, two Objective Markers, one Necron Annihilation Barge, four Necron Warriors, one Trazyn the Infinite and one Necron Lord. Everything is 28mm GW.

Also, I'm making an Alternate Universe Oath to paint one Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk. Also 28mm GW.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

You missed my oath :ohdear:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

For the month of November, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Imperial Guard Chimera, two Imperial Guardsmen, two Objective Markers, one Necron Annihilation Barge, four Necron Warriors, one Trazyn the Infinite and one Necron Lord. Everything is 28mm GW.

Also, I'm making an Alternate Universe Oath to paint one Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk. Also 28mm GW.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Speaking of prizes, I haven't received the G&G brush I won back in... July? June? I know it takes time to ship stuff to Northern Europe, but it's been several months now. Might have gotten lost or stuck at the customs.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! I've misplaced my camera's cable, so here's some crappy cellphone pics.

These guys are a themed group

I'm claiming I rolled a six! for the Objective Markers/Banners

Journal

I think I'll call him The Mower

Trazyn the Infinite? No, no, you are mistaken. I am Nyzart the Eternal, who is definately a different person from this Trazyn and is most certainly not Trazyn in disguise.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Leperflesh, I seem to be missing the point for I rolled 6 on the spreadsheets.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm claiming I rolled a six! for the Objective Markers/Banners

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath for the month of December these six Chaos Space Marines, 28mm GW.

Still using my crappy cellphone, I hope the image is readable.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Voting for Matgash, because that beakybiker is pretty

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH COMPLETE Cutting it really close this time, and I'm not too pleased with what I got finished this month but meh. At least it's more bodies on the table.

Journal is the blade on the champion's axe

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Bonus Point: Lord Hypnostache

May the Ram of Mo safely guide you

Wow, thanks! I did not expect to get points!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Silly me, almost started to paint before I oathed anything

I, Lord Hypnostache, against my better judgment, oath these 5 Deathmarks and 3 Canoptek Wraiths. Both from GW 28mm.

Now that I'm checking the photo I noticed that some color is showing through from couple of bases. I tried something, didn't work out and primed over it. I hope this is okay, since none of that is going to be visible on the finished models.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this librarian from Dark Vengeance, the current starter set for Warhammer 40k. He's going to make such a fine inquisitor for my Grey Knights :unsmigghh:

drat, why didn't I think of that. I've had that model sitting in pieces since summer, and I've been trying to find a cool model to use as an inquisitor. Consider your idea stolen borrowed!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
My 40k vote goes to WhiteOutMouse, that is a pretty Heldrake.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath Complete! Crappy phone camera butchered the paintjob, but these are getting used in a tournament soon and I just wanted to get this stuff done fast.

The journal is the glowing eye on one of the wraiths

I was thinking of doing the parts list for this one, but I don't have time to write it up right now. Is it okay if I edit it in in a couple of days?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
A new OATH COMPLETE post to replace the old one, with username and parts list

Journal is the glowing eye on one of the wraiths.

Parts list (this is all the paints used in this oath,both deathmarks and wraiths):
Army Painter Black Prime
Abaddon Black
Warplock Bronze
Sycorax Bronze
Dawnstone
Bloodred
Red Gore
Dark Angels Green
Snot Green
Moot Green
Dwarf Bronze
Boltgun Metal
Chainmail
Nuln Oil
Armageddon Dust

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Brock Samsonite posted:

Not to beat a dead horse as I'm sure there's tons of people waiting on their own prizes, but has anyone gotten anything from Games & Gears? I haven't heard a thing from anyone (I could desperately use some new brushes too).

I haven't received my brush yet, but I understand Krushgroove is paying for the shipment from his own pocket, so I'm content to wait until the end of season to see if I end up winning something else to ship combined.

A question about Box art bonus, does it have to be official art that's currently in use? I was considering painting a few relictors, as seen here. Those pictures are from old White Dwarves/Codices but they aren't used in any current GW media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well, in that case

I, Lord Hypnostache, Oath these 4 Space Marines and 3 Savage Orcs for the month of February. Everything is 28mm GW.

• Locked thread