Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, Counterspin, oath 4 Iron Fang pikemen from Privateer Press for May.

As you may notice, I have lovingly replaced their bendy pikes with brass rods. This is a dangerous undertaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Alright, I've got a question. I oathed 4 models originally, and I took photos of them for the Detective's Journal. Now I want to add a 5th model to my oath. Will it need it's own set of WIP shots for me to get credit for the journal? Because if so, I'll probably just skip oathing it and just paint it on the side.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin, add a Kuldun Lord from Privateer Press to my oath for may.

counterspin posted:

I, Counterspin, oath 4 Iron Fang pikemen from Privateer Press for May.

As you may notice, I have lovingly replaced their bendy pikes with brass rods. This is a dangerous undertaking.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

God drat son clean your monitor.
Yeah, you've got me there.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE!
I'm going to claim
Conversion(spear shaft replacement),Themed Group,Detective's Journal

Some better shots of the boys!

WIPs!
Base colors

Metals

Basing

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Don't wait for him! We demand more pictures!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The amount of regret I feel for making Fix post those awesome pictures cannot possibly be understated.

Furthermore, I hereby oath one Devastator from Privateer Press for the month of June.
Lord I am a terrible photographer.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 6, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It is not a big deal, but in the future, try to avoid editing an Oath into an existing post... I had already gone past your post! Fortunately Sole.Sushi approved and that alerted me when I went to give you the 1 point for oathing and found your row was empty.

Like I said though it's not a big deal.

Apologies. At the time I did it my message was the most recent one, but then I got into a prolonged argument with Imgur. I'll start a fresh post for oathing from here in.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I think it would be awesome if there were some way to oath the construction of a light box, just to encourage lazy asses like myself to step up their photography as well.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE
Detective's Journal
Both shield panels on the arms have been damaged.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin, being of strange mind and warped body, oath three grey lords , Old Witch and Scrapjack from Privateer Press

counterspin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 6, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Leperflesh: Oops, sorry, they're all Privateer Press models.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE and THEMED GROUP

I swear my painting is getting better while my photography gets worse.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin hereby oath 6 Khayazy Assasins, plus their Underboss, all for Warmachine from Privateer Press, 28 mm models

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I know I'm going to regret this, but Red Shoe, can I ask how much time you spent on your monthly oath. I just want to know what sort of input I'd have to strive for to get that combination of quantity and quality.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath COMPLETE!
Themed Group

Glad I got these guys done. Trying to do non-standardized troops is trickier than I thought it would be. The idea is that the boss and the underboss have green cloaks because their loyalty has been bought for Khador, and that the normal guys have white cloaks because their loyalty remains where it has always been, with the bosses.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin, oath for September 4 Kayazy Assassins and Sylys Wyshnalyrr. They're from Warmachine, and are 28mm models.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE !
Claiming Detectuv's Journal for the freehanded white fringe on Sylys' cape.
Also Themed Group.

Sylys Wyshnalyr
I tried to make it look like a circle of grass is growing beneath him, breaking through the harsh Khadoran winter. Also my first gems.

More kayazy. Some turned out great, some not so much. Individual outfits are hard.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I think I may have gotten cut off by a new page. How a bout it Leperflesh, am I good?

counterspin posted:

OATH COMPLETE !
Claiming Detectuv's Journal for the freehanded white fringe on Sylys' cape.
Also Themed Group.

Sylys Wyshnalyr
I tried to make it look like a circle of grass is growing beneath him, breaking through the harsh Khadoran winter. Also my first gems.

More kayazy. Some turned out great, some not so much. Individual outfits are hard.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath this model of Orsus the Butcher, a 28mm model from Warmachine by Privateer Press. I got over excited last month and did a fair amount of work on him. Yay amnesty!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Apologies for dead linking, the issue of ordering albums has been driving me crazy, but admittedly deleting everything is perhaps not an ideal solution.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 30, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin oath the horses from the Khador Gun Karriage, from Warmachine, a 30mm game
My intent is to paint the horses this month, and the wagon next month.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete
It's sloppy as hell, but the end of the month is here. No bases because eventually they'll go on the huge base for the whole piece.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath to paint Draigo, a Privateer press mini from the game Warmachine, 28mm scale.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete
I'm claiming speed painting

EDIT: Now with timestamp for speed painting

counterspin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 16, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

My initial oath was my 'before' timestamp. I'll take an after timestamp sometime tonight.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Here's my before and after posts for speed painting. I'll go back and edit into my oath complete post as well.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 16, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath one iron fang kovnik and one war dog, both from the Khador faction of Privateer Press' Warmachine, in 30mm scale.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE
No Jurnal

Taking photos at sunset really washed these out strangely. Anyway, success!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin oath one dismounted Man-O-War Drakhun and one Man-o-War Kovnik, from the Khador faction of Warmachine by Privateer Press in 28mm scale.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Erebus, a 28mm model from the Cryx faction of Warmachine, because I need to oath something and it's primed, even though I really only play Khador now.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

For April 2014, I oath 7 Assault Kommandoes from the Khador faction of Warmachine from Privateer Press, 28mm.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath complete!

The Assault Kommandoes are worried by the unnatural growth of plants in the area, and the appearance of a vast, troubling metallic oval around their position.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I also won two different sets of brushes and didn't end up receiving either. I don't really mind either way, but I figured you guys might want to know for reasons of further dealings with those sponsors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I've received my S&Ps but there's still no sign of the double sided brushes. Again, it's not a big deal for me and I'm just presenting it so the folks running the show know about it.

• Locked thread