Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
(Hope I'm making this in time for the cutoff...)

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint Sgt. Lorenzo and Brother Zael from Space Hulk, 3rd Edition, by the end of May! GW, 28mm.

Awwww, it's a baby! First time oathing! I also plan on going for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal. I'm rebasing them, but not counting that as a conversion as I don't think it's convert-y enough. Minis are just press-fit together in the photo, unprimed (just to clarify the state they'll be in in the WIP pics).

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Companion Cube posted:

Congratulations on your Space Hulk purchase! That whole set is beautiful, both the Terminators and the Genestealers. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Thanks, looking forward to it! I'll try to make them worth the battles with the ebay snipers.

Here's my first Detektuv's Jurnal WIP:

I started with Vallejo Air black primer, zenithal-dusted with grey primer and drybrushed with GW Longbeard Grey Dry paint on the high points for a slight pre-highlight. Then I airbrushed a Mechrite Red basecoat and under-sprayed with Minitaire Purple Ghost Tint for that high-contrast look. It's more visible on the head and flamer, which are shown with the bottoms facing the camera. (Ghost Tints, as it turns out, dry incredibly shiny if you use too much. Don't be like me.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Since the new-oath cutoff date has gone by, is it too late to edit a Double the Fun into my initial post (and is it cool to use DtF for Awww, a baby and Detektuv's Jurnal, or am I misinterpreting that ruling)?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming points for Awwww, it's a baby! and the Detektuv’s Jurnal, featured here:

Zael basecoated with Mechrite Red and shaded with Minitaire Purple Ghost Tint

Lorenzo with basecoats, highlights, shading, and Liquid Gold metals

Zael's flamer, prior to washing/adding "heat stains" to the nozzle

More images in my gallery here (which I'll probably be fiddling with/adding pics to for a bit as I'm still trying to work out how to get a good white balance on this camera): http://imgur.com/a/e4U2a

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint: (6) Space Hulk Genestealers and (1) Assault on Black Reach Ork Nob for the month of June!

All GW, all 28mm. None have been primed yet.
For the Nob, I intend to do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal (also some WIP's) as well as a bit of a conversion (as part of the battle damage), for Double the Fun!

Conversion bits preview pic!

Edit: And here's a before-and-after of the conversion! (Note: head & base are just fitted into place, will be painted separately.)

Before:
After:

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 3, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Please make sure to take a photo of the model after you complete conversion but before you paint. If you want to you could take photos as you do your conversion, but that's optional: the main thing is that I need before/after photos.

Thanks for the reminder! I just went back and edited the B&A pics into my original oath post.

Edit: I suppose I could put them here as well for convenience.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Speed Painting: If you intend to (attempt to, in my case) speed-paint a model, does it need to be edited into your initial oath post for the month, or can you just post the start and finish time-stamped pics on the fly? I was considering trying it out for one of the six 'stealers I've oathed. (I think I've been seeing people do it both ways, but too lazy/tired to check the thread)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I've just finished the Speed Painting bonus on one of my Genestealers!

Start:

Finish:

Huzzah, only five more of those to go, plus that battle-damaged Ork.... Here are a few more pics from different angles.

Also, before I forget:

Leperflesh posted:

:woop::frogsiren:OH MY GOD PRIZES!:frogsiren::woop:

Congratulations to all the winners!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

The whole group: 1 converted Ork Nob + 6 Space Hulk Genestealers:

Detektuv's Jurnal: Battle Damage on the Nob. This took the form of a scarred, dented gut armor (not really noticeable in the final photos) and a lasbolt exit wound on the right shoulder:

Entry wound on the back armor. (Extra shininess courtesy of matte varnish frosting the living poo poo out of the recesses.)

I also did a Speed Painting earlier in the month:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I've just finished the Speed Painting bonus on one of my Genestealers!
Start:

Finish:

I think this might qualify for Themed Group (the 'stealers) and Double the Fun as well. Here's a group shot of just the 'stealers from four angles:

Finally, Backstory on the Ork's battle damage:

quote:

202nd Cadian Infantry Division vs. Waaagh! Gobstompa
Battle of Incontinentia Prime, 0312289.M41

Stupid 'umies, thought Painboy Slitskab, as a Guardsman's lasbolt seared the head off his patient. All dat work fer nuffin. He hurled his tools to the ground in frustration. "Oi, Murl! Clear dem gits outta here so's I can stitch up yer boyz proppa!"

"Roight, Dok!" Murl, Slitskab's greenest nob, hefted his choppa and turned to face the Cadian lasrifles. Firing his slugga into the air for attention, the hulking Ork bellowed a challenge to the shiniest of the 'umies, a pompous berk with a long coat and a ridiculous hat. Commissar, something like that, the git called himself, as he answered Murl's taunts in his high piping voice.

As the nob and the commissar stepped into the clearing to do battle, Murl turned to face his mob of boyz, prompting them to "start cheerin' or else, ya gobshites!" Unfortunately, this opened him up to the cowardly 'umie's first attack--a bolt slammed into his back armor, punching clean through his right shoulder plate and blasting a smoking hole out the front.

Murl spun, eyes ablaze with fury, and launched himself at the commissar with a howl that froze even his own boyz into silence. The commissar staggered back, barely clearing his chainsword from its sheath in time to parry the first blow from Murl's choppa. There was not a second blow--the 'umie executed a swirling riposte, taking Murl's axe-hand off at the wrist before his follow-through stroke ended with the whirring blade stuck between the nob's armored gut-plates.

The 'umie smirked as his troops raised a cheer for him. "Your move, xeno scum," he hissed.

In response, Murl stepped on him.

Well, dat settles dat argument. Slitskab looked on in satisfaction as Murl's jubilant mob charged the panicking Imperial Guard unit, chasing them back towards their tanks, ripe for the looting. Murl, for his part, stood there wrenching at the commissar's weapon, still humming away in his belly-armor. "Oi, Dok!" he called, prodding the chainsword's hilt with the oozing stump of his left wrist. "Can ya gimme a hand wiv dis?"

Ahh, inspirayshun. Painboy Slitskab gathered up his toolkit, chuckling behind his mask. "Can do, Murl! Can do!"

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 30, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

EVERYONE

With the exceptions noted in this post, I believe I'm now caught up for June. Please check your points on The Spreadsheet and make sure you've received credit where it is due. Now is the time to speak up, before judging happens and prizes are awarded. There's a ton of bookkeeping for this thread, so I'm bound to make mistakes... only you can save me from them.

I just noticed something I missed that you picked up--I forgot to put the conversion reference in my oath-completed post, but you have it on record in the spreadsheet. Thanks for including that, Leperflesh!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren: I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Orc Spearman for July! :siren: From the Reaper Bones Kickstarter box set, 28mm scale.

(Photo pre-conversion:)

I also intend to do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal: Cut and Swap on his weapon, because, I mean, look at that thing. Kinda dainty for an orc, innit? That's why I'll be replacing it with the spear/halberd/glaive-guisarme thingy on the right, from Reaper's Weapons Pack VII (also for 28mm).

Edit: Here's the after-conversion pic:

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 31, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Here's my completed Reaper Bones Orc Spearman:

I did the Detektuv's Jurnal (Cut and Swap) for this month on his weapon:

Before:

After:

...And having stayed up way too late finishing this while being intimidated by the seriously stunning work of everyone else on this page, I'm going to pass out.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Egyptian-style Floating Lich! It's another Reaper Bones mini from the kickstarter, 28mm. I've trimmed his base a bit to correct an upright-angle issue, but it's currently otherwise unprimed.

Due to his ancient and crappy eldritch nature, this guy will be a great showcase for the Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering!
(Please excuse the awful cellphone pic; I'm at work. On the plus side, I'm so excited about this month's oath that I'm oathing from work!)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Are you familiar with our very own Reaper Bones thread? In that thread you can find out about how to boil your Bones to get them to return to their fully upright and locked position.

:doh: It didn't even register with me that there might be how-to's in that thread, I'm dumb. Thanks for the tip!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Belated congratulations to the July winners! (trying hard not to let my jealousy take over)

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Egyptian-style Floating Lich! It's another Reaper Bones mini from the kickstarter, 28mm.

And now, I'm making an Oath Addition! I'm adding these (2) GW Space Hulk Terminators (28mm again) to my current oath! The one on the left is a crappy repair job, and the right is not assembled yet. No primer yet; that orange goop is Ace Hardware brand blu-tac.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren: (I hope I'm on time anyway....)

I'm claiming the Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering on the Pharaoh-lich guy, in the form of dust and sand (pigment powders) on his robe and rust on his blade-wing things. (Which in hindsight makes no sense; rust in the desert?) Sorry for the crappy white balance/blur/general poo poo photos; hopefully I'll have learned something about this camera by next month.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Galaspar posted:

Apologies to Dr. Gargunza for pinching your basing idea, it was too good not to try!

Hey, steal away! You already seem to be doing it more sensibly than I did; have fun converting! (What are you using for the grids on those bases, by the way? It looks much more feasible than my embarassing greenstuff impressions of a fluorescent-light-fixture cover.)

Question on this month's Detektuv's Jurnal: Can the freehand be combined with the one-time Fly Your Flag bonus for two points, or do they have to be done on two separate models?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Dr. Gargunza, you've won two prizes, but per the rules, you can only win one prize in a month. You'll have to choose! Let me know which you want, and I'll re-roll for the other.

The grab bag looks tempting, but I think I'll go for the Games 'n' Gears double brush. Thanks very much!
(And congrats to everybody who won; I am properly intimidated again this month.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Janan, Female Dragon Slayer for the month of September! From the Reaper Bones series, 28mm.

I may add some other items later in the month, after I figure out what scale the miniatures from Mice & Mystics are supposed to be.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
40K Vote!

Lots of impressive contenders this month, but I really dig Monoliths' ridiculous Orkmobile.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Here was a conversation I had with my friend L_____ earlier this month:

:v: I dunno, I'm in kind of in a creative rut with this lady dragonslayer I'm supposed to paint...I'm just not feeling it, y'know?
:j: Make it girly!
:v: Girly?! It's already a woman, and anyway I wait a minute that's GENIUS

(I apologize for the incredibly terrible quality of the pics this month. Again. I promise it looks better in person. Apart from the mold lines that only showed up after I put on my basecoat, of course.)

In addition to the Detektuv's Jurnal: Freehand (daisies on the back of the cape), I'd like to claim the one-time Parts List bonus:

Vallejo Products
Surface Primer (Black, White and Grey)
Vallejo Model Color (VMC) 70.995 German Grey
VMC 70958 Pink
VMC 70808 Blue Green

Army Painter Products
Angel Green
Ash Grey

Howard Hues Products (Note: These paints suck, don't use them)
Fair Maiden

Reaper Paints
Master Series 09255 Black Wash
09024 Amethyst Purple

Privateer Press Paints
Moldy Ochre
Sulfuric Yellow
Menoth White Highlight
Beaten Purple
'Jack Bone
Gun Corps Brown
Ryn Flesh
Khador Red Highlight
Cygnar Blue Base
Necrotite Green

Citadel Products
Skull White
Chaos Black
Mephiston Red
Blood Red
Sunburst Yellow
Averland Sunset
Boltgun Metal
Mithril Silver
Shining Gold
Warlock Purple
Goblin Green
Calthan Brown
Sotek Green
Enchanted Blue
Reikland Fleshshade Wash
Biel-Tan Green Wash
Drakenhof Nightshade Wash
Leviathan Purple Wash
Blackfire Earth Texture Paint
Scorched Grass Static Grass

Miscellaneous
Krazy Glue All-Purpose Brush-On Formula

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 30, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following miniatures in the month of October:
(1) Mobile Toolkit from Wyrd Miniatures/Malifaux
(far right of picture, 28mm scale);
and (6) Rats, (1) Centipede, (6) Mouse Heroes, (1) Spider, and (8) Cockroaches from the Mice & Mystics board game, produced by Plaid Hat Games.

Nothing in the pic is primed yet; the green stuff is, well, greenstuff.

Since the Plaid Hat minis are pieces from a board game, I'm not 100% sure on their scale. I think they're meant to represent 25mm, but from the game's fluff it's hard to tell (the mice used to be human heroes, polymorphed into mice, but they're not quite to scale with the rest of the minis). For comparison's sake: the rats are 24mm from feet to eyes; the mice average 19mm; and the centipede is 29mm.

I'd like to submit the Mobile Toolkit as my Get Based Out! entry. Here's a closeup of the robot on a base I slapped together out of pieces of old office supplies:

(There are a couple of springs on the back half of the base, plus some plastic gears and assorted filler materials all over. The base still needs a bit of trimming in spots; I can edit post-fix pics in after I get a chance to finish.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

From left to right, that's: (6) Rats, (1) Spider, (6) Mouse Heroes, (8) Cockroaches, (1) Malifaux Mobile Toolkit, and (1) Centipede.
For my Detektuv's Jurnal entry, I present Pinky the Rat:

And for my Get Based Out! entry, the base on the Malifaux Mobile Toolkit, which I've bashed together from some discarded springs and pieces of dead office equipment (ink stamper and correction-tape dispenser):

Link to the full album: http://imgur.com/a/31vWh/all (Now featuring more, huger, table-breaking pics!)

Quick question for the judges: The box art for Mice & Mystics doesn't show any of the miniatures, but it does have pretty detailed portraits of the heroes on their character cards, which I used as the basis for their designs:

Could this count as the one-time Box Art bonus, or does it need to match the actual cover art for the game? (Just curious; if this doesn't work I've got others I could use in a future oath.)

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 31, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

I'll give this to ya - I don't like mice in real life but these are just too cute.

Why hasn't anyone made kitty adventurers?

Thanks! ...And yeah, why is that? (Dark Sword might have a cat-venturer in their anthropomorphic series, but that line is mostly various random critters like "Mole Alchemist.")

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

enri posted:

Did anyone specifically use a pink paint?! I used a red wash over a bone basecoat then had a few highlights with the same bone colour later on.

I used the Vallejo Model Color pink (the exact name escapes me right now; it might be just "Pink"); it's medium- to light-pink, but very pigment-rich and does good coverage. On my Jurnal model, I was able to get decent highlights & shadows on it using PPP Ryn Flesh and Reaper Red Ink.

Summary: VMC Pink may have limited uses, but it's worth picking up, especially if you have, say, a Chaos Helbrute sitting on my desk around waiting to be painted.

Edit: Okay, just got home; it's VMC 70958 Pink. Works really well with GW's Warlock Purple (or whatever they're calling it now).

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 1, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren: I, Dr. Gargunza, being of unsteady mind and vacuous pocketbook, oath to paint the following miniatures for the month of November: :siren:
(1) Silverhorn Unicorn, (1) Hajad, Torgan Pirate, (1) Shelly Hargrove, (1) Duke Dudley, (1) Dr. Zhukov, and (1) Jacques Moreau!

All 28mm; the unicorn and pirate are from Reaper Bones, and the remaining four are PC miniatures from Flying Frog Productions' Fortune and Glory boardgame (which, it should be noted, is loving awesome)!

Unfortunate positioning of the Duke's revolver ahoy!

I may turn the unicorn in just on a standard base, depending on how long it takes me to build the extra display base I'm intending to put it on. (I'm kicking myself for not thinking of doing that for my Get Based Out entry, but oh well.) Now to figure how how the hell to sculpt dreadlocks onto the pirate....

Edit: Here's the pirate post hair-sculpt, featuring mold-line-seeking ink wash:

...I may have gone a bit overboard with the dreadlocks.

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 16, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
My Malifaux vote goes to Forkbanger.

Great work from everyone this month!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
WIP Update: Here's my pirate for the Jurnal, after I finished sculpting on his hairstyle but before priming. (I did not originally intend to turn the model into 80's Hair-Metal Buccaneer; I was going for a more layered look and it just...happened.)

These pics are now edited into my oath post.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

A - Slimnoid is the tiebreaker!
B - YOU GUYS are the tiebreaker (meaning, a run-off vote between those of you that voted. Of course, Moths and Forbanger are unable to vote in this one but I would say Slimoid can have a vote if you guys choose this method, what do you think?

I'm also cool with A. Let the keeper of the prizes be the arbiter! (...yeah, sorry, I'm on cold meds right now, carry on.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Iris of Ether posted:

:neckbeard:

Don't worry - the requisite Reaper order was placed this past month. I like drums too much to let that slide.

Iris, do you have a link to where one can order that drum kit? I've been looking for more realistic cymbal stands and an extra single drum for my upcoming December oath/xmas present.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sweet! Thanks, Iris!

For content, here's a pre-completion pic of the only mini I've finished so far Dr. Zhukov and his original portrait!

(I hope I didn't just DQ myself. If posting that pic early was bad form, my excuse is that I'm pretty drunk on hot buttered rum right now.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
...Dammit, I'm half an hour late! (I thought the cutoff time was 7pm USA Central Time? I show 6:33 pm here.)

At any rate, here's what my Oath Complete would've been if I'd made it:

For the Jurnal, the sculpted hair on the pirate:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Sorry, GMT is a constant and doesn't change, but you'll have a really easy entry for the Save Da Whales this month!

No problem. Let my failure stand as a warning not to spend too much time loving around with one's camera when the deadline is close.
(Do you want me to just go back and edit my previous post into a Save Da Whales, then?)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Welp, I screwed up my November oath (drat you, my brain Daylight Savings Time), but at least I've Saved Da Whales!

(The Jurnal, had I been eligible to receive it, was the hand-crafted dreadlocks on the pirate below.)

I'm waiting to make my December oath until all the components come in; I intend for the bulk of it to be a diorama (also a xmas present). Hopefully those bits will arrive in the next few days.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for the month of December: (1) Male Berserker; (1) Amiri, Iconic Female Human Barbarian; and (1) Dragon of Fire! All are 28mm scale Reaper Bones.

It's my intention to make the Berserker and Dragon into a Diorama entry, time/skill/supplies/the goddam holidays permitting.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Coming in under the wire with an :siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

The Jurnal is the barbarian's sword and javelins, most visible on her sword. (I did the axe on her belt and most of her armor using actual metallic paints 'cos I was out of time and patience.)

Not very happy about my work this month, but oh well, at least it's in almost on time. I'm still trying to figure out how to make my accidentally-pastel dragon.more menacing.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sorry these are a couple hours later than the timestamp, but...

I , Dr. Gargunza, being very cold and ridiculously optimistic, oath to paint the following 8 miniatures for the month of January:
Front Row: (1) Orc Swordsman by Tre Manor; (1) Shaeress Nashanneth, Dark Elf Queen; (1) Almaran the Gold, Paladin with Flaming Sword; (1) Lysette, Elven Mage;
Back Row: (1) Autumn Bronzeleaf, Female Elf Wizard; (1) Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Thief; (1) Seoni, Iconic Female Sorceress; and (1) Bartender!

All of these are Reaper 28mm Bones. (Guess which one I plan on making my Jurnal entry! :ninja: eyes thespaceinvader suspiciously :ninja:)

Edit: As an addition to my current oath, I vow to paint I rolled a 6!...or a 20!...or maybe an 01 on these pieces for Flying Frog Productions' Fortune and Glory game: (8) Temple markers and (1) Zeppelin marker!

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 7, 2014

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

What are you actually planning to paint? We'll need to see it before it can be approved.

Yeah, sorry about that; my brain's a bit frozen at the moment. I'll edit the addition into my previous post.

Following up on Achmed Jones' question late last month: Did we ever get a ruling on whether previously-oathed minis can be included in a Diorama oath? (It's okay if the answer is no, 'cos the minis I did for last month ended up kind of a slapdash mess that I'd like to chuck into some Simple Green and do over. Also I have about four other ideas for dioramas that will probably turn out better than the one I planned.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

What is the scale for these? Or, I suppose as markers that doesn't matter... well, what's the general scale used in Fortune and Glory?

Well, the general scale for the hero/villain/mook figures is 25-28mm; but the temple and zeppelin markers are way off that scale, and not in scale with each other. The zeppelin is something like 1/3200 when scaled against the actual Graf Zeppelin II, and the temples (which appear to be based on the El Castillo pyramid at Chichén Itzá) are about 1/1170.

(Pictured: zeppelin marker, Giant-Sized Dr. Zhukov, temple marker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm yes, didn't think about that...any suggestions? Should previously-judged models be disallowed? Keeping official track of that would be a PITA and changing the rules to allow previously-painted and -judged models may be unfair to previous model and diorama painters. Open to suggestions from anyone!

Well, we're already required to provide a photo of the unpainted diorama, right? Perhaps the diorama submission photo could also include the painted minis, possibly with a link to the oath-complete post they were finished in (assuming the minis were done in the oath season why did I have to open this can of worms)

• Locked thread