Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, for the month of May, oath to paint a Protectorate of Menoth Judicator Colossal from Privateer Press.
edit: Awwww, It's a baby!

Gonna do it big for my first oath.

Korwen fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Do you mean, your first oath this year... or do you qualify for Aww, a Baby!?

Oh, thank you for that, I've edited my post to reflect this, I think I failed an oath in PaintVagrant's Warmachine/Hordes oath threads what seems like 2 years ago, but never in the larger oath threads.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

Oath Complete!

Also son of a bitch is that superglue on its leg that dripped down, motherfucker I have to fix that now and that's going to suck. Looks like I'll be doing some "weathering" on my model tonight.

And this is my first one, so that completes the Awwww, a baby! bonus.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

I, Korwen, oath one Celestial Guard with Combi Rifle by Corvus Belli for the month of June

Going from painting something very large to something very small. Should be interesting.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

I am sad to say I failed my last oath, which I believe was July. What's more embarrassing is that I didn't fail because I hadn't completed the model, I just forgot to take a picture of it.

edit: So I guess this means I can Save Da Whales?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=34048#post416041927

And with that, it's time to get back on the horse.

I Korwen oath these 12 Privateer Press Praetorian Swordsmen with Unit Attachment and Agonizer solo

Lets do this.

Korwen fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 7, 2013

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

There's been too many excellent models posted on this page, so it's time to lower the bar!

Oath Complete

I painted a standard bearer too, so I think that qualifies me to Fly Your Flag

For my detective's journal I've got the less-lovely scrollwork that I freehanded on the leader

Now to just figure out what to paint for October. It won't be a unit.

Also here's a shot of the whole family

Korwen fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 30, 2013

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Edit your username into your photos and I can give you another point! Let me know if you do that before the deadline.

Should be done! Let me know if it's appropriately done or not, and I'll try to fix it in time. Thanks!

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

So for the October oath, does every model have to have Pink on it to be eligible towards the oath, or is that for the Deketuv's Jernul? I don't mind putting some pink down on a few models, just probably not all of them.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

I Korwen oath for the month of October
Hakkar the Destroyer, Makeda 2 and Molik Karn all from Privateer Press
10x High Elf Bowman from Games Workshop

edit: one of the bowmen is almost done, but I'm gonna make some changes to him. If that's not allowed I'll just oath 9x bowmen instead.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

And for my jurnal entry, I gave the leader of the archers a pink feather and a pink-rear end cape. I also noticed upon taking this picture a massive blue spot on his arm, so I'll have to go over that and fix it.

More shots:

I think next month I'm gonna try to oath just 1 or 2 models and really try my hardest to spend a lot of time on them and try to put out a really impressive piece like so many of you guys do every month.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

I Korwen oath to paint Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord from Privateer Press

edit: Does the already-on-there bitchin' stache and beard for my mini count towards the jurnal, or would I have to make his hair a little more movemberey?

Korwen fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 6, 2013

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

Oath Complete

No jurnal this month sadly.

edit: spelling

Korwen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 18, 2013

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

I Korwen, for the month of December, oath to paint these 6 Cataphract Incindiarii models from Privateer Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

krushgroove posted:

November slideshow is ready: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958451873668703185?authkey=CJ-K-MLEx9TkBQ
Please have a look, everyone who completed their oath in November should be in there

If you notice your username in bright green Comic Sans font that'll be because you didn't put your name in your first Oath Complete photo! :P

Sorry for the lateness once again, a holiday abroad and recent sickness have taken their toll on my oath thread duties. Speaking of which, I'll be posting a bunch of stuff this week to most of the people who are awaiting their loot. Once they're in the post, I'll post who can expect stuff, and what you'll be getting.

I'm not seeing my November model in there

edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=34048#post421456660

• Locked thread