Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Obligatory "what if the thing I'm painting doesn't have a base do I still get bonus points" post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath "Bergil," "Hassle," "Freak," and "Demon" from Hasslefree miniatures.

Thanks for autofocusing on the box, camera. Hope this counts.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Same for you, we don't want anyone to miss out on possible prizes!

Dagon posted:

[...]Hasslefree miniatures.

That works, right?

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Some WIP pics:

Gigantic originals are at http://tabletopstandard.blogspot.com/

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete
Click to embiggify:

I reserve the right to un-complete if thats not enough for the bases bonus point.

Parts List

Paints used, from left to right: Vallejo Model Color Lime Green, VMC US Dark Green, VMC Natural Steel, Vallejo Game Color Elf Skintone, VMC Beige Red, VMC Gloss Black, VMC Foundation White, VMC London Grey, VMC Neutral Grey, P3 Cygnar Base Blue, Liquitex Matte Medium, Liquitex Gloss Varnish, Citadel Badab Black, Citadel Khemri Brown

Detektuv’s Jurnal!

Gigantic originals always at http://tabletopstandard.blogspot.com/

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Oh no, I love those bases...so it's fine as long as Dagon tells us how he made those papers and things!

They are fictional magazine covers from Blade Runner, Magazines from the Future, and Cut-Rate Books, shrunk to a quarter inch tall in word and printed on my color laser on semi-gloss paper. I fit a ton of them on a page, along with some signs and posters and graffiti and such for later use, and just snipped them up and glued them on. Future litter!

Dagon fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 17, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Alternate Universe Terrain Oath:

This thing! I have no idea who made it - a buddy got it from ebay, and there are no clues on the sprue or anything. It is about 6" by 3" by 4" tall, so it should count by itself, right?

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Alternate Universe Oath Complete!

Speed Painting!

Dagon fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 19, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath 15 sprues worth of these mysterious ebayed ruined buildings

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Thundercloud posted:

Is that 28mm scale?

Is it the Pegasus Gothic ruins or something else?

It is 28mm, and it isn't pegasus. I'm not sure who makes it (its the same stuff as my alt. universe oath last month), as a friend bought it on ebay and gave it to me to paint.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Primed and assembled. That was tedious. Now all I have left to do is paint!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

First, I think that "terrain" and the "I rolled a 6!" categories are kind of mutually exclusive, or are intended to be. Terrain is usually static environmental obstacles and stuff you put on the board for a tabletop game, whereas "game aids" I think is intended to focus more on counters, tokens, chits, rulers, angle measurers, blast markers, objective markers, and so forth.

Would, say, a dice tower disguised to look like a building count for both?

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete - Click for larger pictures

Fly your flag
The guy in my gaming group that bought these and gave them to me for painting plays Imperial Guard, so each piece has a number of propaganda posters and such:

I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01
One building is made as a dice tower, with a couple sloping ramps to ensure Maximum Randomness™:
]

For Battle Damage, these are already pretty busted up, so I tried to give the windows some scorch marks, to give the impression of an explosion or fire having blown out from within. Double The Fun too, for the jurnal and game aid.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 17, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'm thinking these don't really qualify for Fly your Flag:
(italics mine). While these posters are very cool, I don't think you've painted them.

Krushgroove, do you have an opinion on this? Am I reading it too strictly?

Makes sense, I missed the word paint in there.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Monoliths posted:

Oooooo what are these? Are they custom or can I throw my money away to fill out my ruined imperial city?

From Ebay, and from Russia, is all I knew when my friend handed me a pile of sprues. Avenger_Mullah said they are "Tehnolog" and looking at those, it looks like the stuff.

Avenger_Mullah posted:

That's from tehnolog (that's how it's spelled...), a Russian toy company. Their website is only available in Russian, but you can buy them from a single ebay seller. Not gonna link it though since it seems to also sell illegal copies of Forgeworld bits. At least it seems shady that they've sold exactly the same bits for years now.

Fun bonus fact: Tehnolog is also the original creater/producer of Imex/Hexagon/Conflix/syberclicks stuff. It's just rebranded and repriced for the western markets.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath 10 Games-Workshop Kroot for July

Pre primer and pre cut and swap, any green on the base is just sand and flock that will be primed over.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

Pre primer and pre cut and swap, any green on the base is just sand and flock that will be primed over.

Since these are sniper Kroot, I cut off the extra blades and crap from their guns, and added various bipods, pouches, and sights.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

quote:

Since these are sniper Kroot, I cut off the extra blades and crap from their guns, and added various bipods, pouches, and sights.

Oath Complete

Thanks, camera, for showing spots I missed and just how shiny these are under light. Anyway, this is a Themed Group too.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 10, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath 5 GW Tau Drones (2 Gun, 3 Marker) for August

Taking it easy this month, since babby is due tomorrow.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

The weathering theme is the scrapes on the leading edge of the gun drones. Zipping around a battlefield has to mess up the paint job a little, I figure.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath this Forgeworld Decimator, unfortunate power squat and all.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

40K VOTE: ____Irving Washington____

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

Adding one Infinity Yuan Yuan Mercenary to my Oath:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

What kind of oath addition is this? Gotta Do This (finish by end of the month) or Alternate Universe (no time limit)?

This month.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

Dagon posted:

Adding one Infinity Yuan Yuan Mercenary to my Oath:

Oath Complete

Detektiv's Jurnal: obviously evil runes:

Box art attempt:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Krushgroove probably is mixing things up and he meant to say the deadline for new oaths is tonight.

Probably.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

:siren:I, Dagon, oath for October one Terminator (GW), one Krootox and rider (GW), one Genestealer (GW, amnesty), one VASA Archangel (Urban Mammoth, counts-as Infinity Aleph Deva), one Bubblegum Crisis robot (GZG, counts-as Infinity Aleph Devabot, amnesty), one robot tank thing (GW kitbash, counts-as Infinity Ariadna Traktor Mul), one Hassassin Lasiq (Corvus Belli/Infinity), and one Elf guy (Reaper Bones).

Dagon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 2, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I assume all the counts-as-infinity implies they're all 28mm scale, right? And GZG = Ground Zero Games?

Yes to both. I think the GZG Anime is 15mm, and the basis of the tanky thing is epic/6mm, but I am using them in a 28mm game.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete!

Theme:

Pink hair

Pink neck

In Battle! one time bonus:

September's Decimator in deployment, with June's buildings in the background.

July's Kroot grabbing an objective, with Cultist support against a half-painted Blood Angel Tactical Squad that just popped out of a glass cup drop pod.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath 5 Cultists, 3 Kroot, 2 Genestealers (GW/40k), 1 guy with a gatling gun (I-Kore), and 1 Ghulam Doctor (Infinity/Corvus Belli) for November.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 2, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

Infinity model on the right.

Does this count as facial "hair"?

Cause if not, this will have to.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath one werewolfy guy (unknown mfr), one converted Gogo Marlene and her buddy (Infinity/CB), one IMEF Marine (Reaper Bones), and one converted Chaos Marine (GW)

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Is "werewolfy guy" 28mm? He seems large, but maybe he's just a big monster?

I think so. I'm using his as a 28mm guy, at least. He is on a 40mm base and the minis he is next to are 28mm.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath one werewolfy guy (unknown mfr), one converted Gogo Marlene and her buddy (Infinity/CB), one IMEF Marine (Reaper Bones), and one converted Chaos Marine (GW)

"Werewolfy guy" has been identified as a gnoll from Chainmail by WotC, fwiw, Leperflesh.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Voting TheBlobThing_________________ for prettiest girl in school.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete
timg'd to hide all the horrific details

Most effort I've put into a base this year so far, so lets call this my get based out entry:

lovely nmm attempt for this month's theme, I am terrible at blending:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath one chaos space marine (GW), one Yuan Yuan merc (CB/infinity), one FCC Boomer (Mercs), and one land raiderish monstrosity (GW and card)

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Voting for IrvingWashington because that shiny robot skeleton is rad as hell.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

Not happy with any of them, but whatever, moving on. Theme is the headlights if it wasn't obvious.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath one MSA-003 NEMO (Bandai, 1/144), one Z-Class ship (Tamiya, 1/700), and one Hassassin Farzan (Infinity, 28mm)

Do I need to call out my diorama entry ahead of time? This is going to be my diorama entry, I think.

• Locked thread