Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, oath that I will paint these twenty Night Goblins for the month of May, made by Games Workshop, at the 28mm scale.

Awwww, it's a baby! First oath ever, and I'm planning on doing the Detektuv's Jurnal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

Awwww, it's a baby! First oath ever, and I'm planning on doing the Detektuv's Jurnal.

Also I forgot to mention that I'll be trying for the Box Art objective as well, sorry for that!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

UngorEatStefan posted:

did I do this right :ohdear:

hello internet friend :tipshat:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:siren:I, Weirdo, hereby declare OATH COMPLETE! Aww, it's a baby!

Woof, cutting it too close here. Let me add some better pictures after this.

DETEKTUV'S JURNAL

Parts List

Vallejo Game Colour:
Dark Green
Sick Green
Goblin Green
Moon Yellow
Gunmetal Metal

Reaper MSP:
Rainy Grey
Flow Improver

Army Painter Warpaints:
Pure Red
Matt Black
Matt White
Plate Mail Metal
Dark Tone Ink
Strong Tone Ink

GW Paints:
Bleached Bone
Runefang Steel
Gehenna's Gold
Auric Armour Gold

In addition I used some sand, local pebbles and some Elmer's PVA glue.

Box Art

The scheme used here is from the Night Goblin's Regiment box art.

While not anything special, I'd like to enter these gobbos as a Themed Group.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Aw nuts I forgot my name on the pics :doh:

Edit: Just adding in these clearer pics to replace the "oh god I'm on pacific time now" rushed pictures.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 1, 2013

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

drat! So close! I have probably another hour or so to do :(

If it's any consolation, I had forgotten what timezone I moved to and had to a grab a phone to take a picture of a phone and while muttering and cursing to myself.

Also are there any rules regarding touching up completed oaths once they have been submitted? Not for points, but just to fix some flaws I noticed for my own sake.

edit: ^ Now that is really keen.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm really disappointed that I wasn't able to submit an Oath this month but sometimes things don't work out :(

The submissions posted to the thread are always such great inspiration I find myself tempted to get more minis, even though I know my Reaper Kickstarter will be coming before I know it.

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete

I love it! The bright colour scheme and subject matter remind me of 80s action figures, like He-Man. I'd love to find a dinosaur mini like that, but the only one I've found is the big newer plastic Stegadon.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, oath one Games Workshop 'Arrer Boy for the month of July. I will be attempting the Speed Painting challenge and the Detectuv's Jurnal (Cut and Swap) for this model. For the Cut and Swap I plan to remove the bow and both hands, replacing them with Games workshop ogre hands (punch dagger and sword).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, oath one Games Workshop 'Arrer Boy for the month of July.

My orc boy now has a real choppa

zug zug

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

My orc boy now has a real choppa

zug zug

:woop:OATH COMPLETE

I was inspired by the excellent Dino-riding orcs posted earlier, and went for a colour scheme reminiscent of He-Man action figures or perhaps a Spider-man villain. It's a little mucky in places, and the yellow paint on the base was too watery to make it look like asphalt paint, but I learned a lot!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

That's a pretty cool idea. Might have to steam that.

I've swapped weapons for a few other orks, here's a WIP of some more 'monkey grip' orcs. I started with just the one, but they were too much fun to make.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What a nice treat to come home and find out that some brushes will be on their way to me! Many thanks, I think I shall gift one to my cousin, who also picked up the painting bug recently.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath three warmachine Objective Markers for the Month of August (Privateer Press, 30mm).

I'm going to also attempt the Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering and muck these ammo boxes up a bit.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Is Warmachine really 30mm scale? I've been marking it as 28 all this time...

I had always assumed it was the "heroic" 28mm, but the back of the box says 30mm so there is it.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! :frogsiren:

Overall it looks crummier than I had hoped; I tried applying lots of ink to the wood to make it look darker and damper (for the Weathering), like an old dock that's in badly need of new boards, but I think I needed some better highlighting before soaking it in strong tone ink :/

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath these ten Savage Orcs (28mm, Games Workshop) and one Reaper Bones Earth Elemental. I'm going to put some pink rock in the elemental (some potassium feldspar or rose quartz in the granite :haw:), and perhaps a pink tattoo on an orc.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nathonicus posted:

I must declare OATH FAILED for October.

I just got lazy these last few days. (Also, the drat Odalisques are some of the most complicated models to paint I've ever tried... overlapping armor plates, small patches of exposed flesh... yeesh)

Anyhow, I plan on saving Da Wales next month.... can I still get the bonus point for pink if I save the wales? I actually have finished the model that has pink on, but no pics.

I feel so...empty....

I hear you brother :smith:

Declaring OATH FAILED, and I'll also try to save the whales tomorrow :unsmith:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, oath that I will paint this Reaper 'Spirit of the Forest' from the Bones line. Reaper Miniatures, 28mm scale.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath these ten Savage Orcs (28mm, Games Workshop) and one Reaper Bones Earth Elemental. I'm going to put some pink rock in the elemental (some potassium feldspar or rose quartz in the granite :haw:), and perhaps a pink tattoo on an orc.

I, Weirdo, will attempt to save the whales, namely the 10 Savage Orcs and Reaper Earth Elemental for November!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! My Reaper Spirit of the Forest is ready to crush some adventurers!

I tried to flock on a beard, but it looked too much like a really bad neckbeard so I removed it to save his dignity.

However as to my whales status: SAVING FAILED! WHALES NOT SAVED :orks:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath five Games Workshop goblins and one Leadbelcher (each kitbashed with Night goblin and ork parts). In addition, I oath 12 objective/prop markers made from warhammer bits.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:orks: Oaf complete :orks:

While my camera is dead, I managed to get something just in time.

Just some minis and objectives for Mordheim/D&D. For the tokens, I'd like to claim I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 for making a gong, a stack of kegs, a drill, a telescope, a barrel of weapons, a bucket, two wheelbarrows, an oily exploding barrel, some gold, books and a rack of ribs.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 1, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

/\/\Weirdo you're lucky I saw your Oath Complete before you edited it, because it's now timestamped a minute past the deadline. I'll credit your I Rolled a 6, but for future reference, it'd be safer to just ask for credit in a new post, once the deadline's gone past.

Eesh, you're right. Thanks for the heads-up.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, oath a lucky group of thirteen dwarves, which are Games Workshop Dwarf models (a mix of Warriors, Thunderers and Miners). These guys are being used for my group's Dwarf Fortress inspired Dungeon World game (roll +potash).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Declaring an Oath Failed for February. The bad news is that I won't finish my dwarves, the good news is that I was invited out to a ski cabin for the week :3

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

L-l-look at you hacker, a p-pathetic greenskin of fungus and teeth

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Again tempting fate like an idiot and oathing with one week left.

I, Weirdo, Oath one Ork Boy, kitbashed with a Stormboy head, and a fantasy torso. He will break you.

Also trying to "Save Da Whales, namely my 13 dwarves. Actually I miscounted before because two extras fell into my egg carton so it's actually 13+2 dwarf warriors :doh:

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, oath a lucky group of thirteen dwarves, which are Games Workshop Dwarf models (a mix of Warriors, Thunderers and Miners). These guys are being used for my group's Dwarf Fortress inspired Dungeon World game (roll +potash).

Here they are now:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

:justpost:LAST DAY TO OATH FOR MARCH:justpost:
Just a reminder, you have until midnight GMT tonight to declare your March oaths. The 31st is in one week!

I will need a "before" photo so I can tell that this is actually a conversion. Stock photos from GW showing the pieces would be fine.

Sorry about that!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Under 15 posted:

Oath re-complete!

Painted these guys up in like a day. These orcs are starting to look sharp, and I'm banging them out faster than ever. I credit the oath thread for working my painting muscles!

I've always loved the colour design on your orcs! The purple black design there works great :tipshat:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the added clothes, I might have to try that myself :3

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath these five 28mm Zomblins from Titan-Forge, and these four goblin rabble from Mantic Games 28mm Kings of War line, with one bearing the standard.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just chiming in to agree with having a countdown, since I procrastinate horribly :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition!

I will once again attempt to Save da Whales with my 15 dwarves.

Weirdo posted:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drgnvale posted:

Just gonna go ahead and call oath failed. I got too busy with work and house buying process that I didn't get much done aside from assembling, priming and basecoating a couple of dudes. First failed oath since 2011 or so.

Wow, I thought three months was tough :haw:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Posting to say I received my Darth-Maul Brushes from Games and Gears Workshop just in time to finish off the last few dwarves for my oath! :woop:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Deanut Pancer posted:

Oath complete!

For the double-jurnal, I'm claiming Freehand and Break the 4th Wall for the Doge banner.

Lookin' good :dukedog:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
17 hours remain...

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath comprete!

Saved My Whales!

Finally got the dorfs complete along with my gobbos. Claiming OSL on the yellowy zomblin glowing eyes, but the turned out a little underwhelming.

When I started out the original 13 dwarves are coloured and themed after the 13 dwarves from the Hobbit. The flag is my first attempt to freehand a design.

edit: My photos suck, lemme see if I can get some better ones.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 1, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Weirdo, please clearly split the 9 goblin models that you painted for the monthly Oath (which are eligible for judging) from the dwarf models which complete your Saved Whales (which aren't) in your Oath Complete post. You can do that by just typing labels above the photos. This way Krush doesn't accidentally include the second photo in the monthly slideshow.

Also, I will take your word for it on the zomblin eyes, but nobody can see the eyes on those figures - if you can find a way to photograph them in better light, that'd be a good thing!

Finally, and I hope this does not come as a great disappointment to you, but you can't claim bonuses/themes on your failed oath/Whales entry. All Whales gets you is redemption, a sense of accomplishment, an entry in to the Whales drawing, and credit for not having missed a month of oathing for the End of Season Bonuses (You Missed a Bit, Capt. Consistency, etc.).

I am sorry that the rules for Whales were not clear enough this year, I know a few goons were confused by how that worked.

Sorry about that :shobon: Yeah the gobbo eyes were simply done with some whites and a yellow glaze, not the best, but something new.

edit: woooo! Season complete!

I asked for advice on a simple gobbo pattern I had for these Mantic Goblin Rabble, and tried to give them some lighter highlights on such a dark model. I wanted the goblins to look like lovely, feral, little scavengers, not your average litter-trained goblin.

For D&D/Dungeon World, the standard bearer here is a 'gonging goblin'

Zomblins, because having zombies with +8 stealth is fun to spring on seasoned players.

I personally want to thank everyone who helped out answering my questions, as well all the judges, donators, and everyone else involved :nyoron:

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Sadly, I have to declare Oath failed for the first time ever. This guy's done (and I'm really pleased with how he came out, shockingly he doesn't look that goofy painted up as The Thing, and the grains of sand I glued in as an afterthought for eyes worked out pretty well:

I love it, I can't wait to see how others turn out.

• Locked thread