Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cyster posted:

Just because my Bones haven't gotten here doesn't mean I can't dig out a thing or two from the closet...

I, Cyster, oath a Paranoia Troubleshooter Team from (yes, really) Mongoose Publishing as Baby's First Oath!

I've had these sitting around for approximately seven years. Time to do something with 'em!

That's a thing? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gentlemen, ladies, :wotwot:

I Fix, being of fair weather and never you mind, oath to complete these 11 Space Hulk Genestealers by Games Workshop.

Do I get to claim babby's first oath? :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So do we post the Detectuv journal WIPs as we're doing it, or all at once in our Oath Complete posts?

In case it's the former, a WIP!:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

enri posted:

..but on the flip side, punishes those with real world distractions such as jobs, kids, wives :v: just playing devils advocate :3:

And those that make larger oaths.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Android posted:

I,Android, oath 6 Lootas of the GW variety for the month of May

Oh, shiiiit now we've got a rumble. :commissar:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Can I get a couple of rulings here?

1. Is it legit to claim Speed Painting on just a bonus add-on oath or, for that matter, on any subset of the full oath)? In this case, Chance II made an oath of some models, added some more models via bonus oath, and then speed-painted just the bonus models.

I don't know about the rest of that, but the Speed Painting point specifically refers to one model, so it makes sense to allow it on any subset of an oath.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The tenacity of my procrastination with regard to this oath surprises even me. Just for my health, what's the drop dead time/date on this thing?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Here ya go, Fix. Apply the above time to the last day of the month to find your local time zone moment of truth for completing your oaths. May hath 31 days, so this will be on Friday.

A-thankyew. Also, :gonk:.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oath Complete!

Halfway done with nathonicus's Genestealers. Woof.

I set this dude aside because I wanted to use him for the speed painting objective, but then I forgot about it and started putting paint on him before timestamping, so maybe next time.

Anyhow, here's a few WIPs of him for the Detective's Jurnal

I've been really digging grey primer lately. The stuff is hella clingy though. My hand was grey for days. No way Simple Green can handle this stuff.

Block in some colors before the inking/drybrushing/highlighting begins.

Weird that this photo manages to eliminate both highlights and shadows at once.

Hey now, here's a Parts List. Love love love me that Reaper paint!

Tanned Shadow, Intense Brown, Moth Green, Pale Violet Red, Black Ink, Burgandy Wine, Pure Black, Cloudy Grey, Black Green, Olive Drab, Ghoul Skin, Bloodless Skin, Pearl White, Pure White, Stained Ivory, Rusty Red, Bright Turquoise, Mustard Yellow, Blood Red, Surf Aqua, Mecharite Red, Agrax Earthshade, Seraphim Sepia, Nuln Oil, Boltgun Metal, Red Ink, Blue Ink.

Edit: it's also a THEMED GROUP

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 31, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Battle damage, is it?

All right then, I, Fix, Oath to paint one Ariadnan Para-commando by Corvus Belli

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

You sick bastard. Let that poor little lady up you big bully.

With a broken spine? You're mean. She needs to stay still. Her feet are already elevated and also broken.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tadhg posted:

You boys be sure to play nice now. :colbert:

You've aged, man. You got old. :wal:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tadhg posted:

:hist101: :words: :hist101:

True story, the only reason Marcus Agrippa ever went to battle at all was because Marc Antony called him grandpa.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have faith in enri. enri will bring enlightenment. Seek his wisdom.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

nathonicus: Call it terrain. We'll work it in, somehow. :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Woot! I needed new brushes! Thanks, Springer-Pinsel!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Germ, if you don't post some shots of the rest of that army, I'm going to.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

counterspin posted:

Don't wait for him! We demand more pictures!

Oh no, it wouldn't be right for me to steal the man's thunder. Ought to be proper about these things. Give him a chance to pooOOHGOD :pcgaming:

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 6, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ghost ride the WIP:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

Did your primer skunk? It all looks rough and textured.

The model itself is pretty textured, but I did hit it with three types of primer in an attempt to do the zenethial thing, which brings that out more. The white was pretty spotty, but I decided to try and run with it by doing really thinly layered paint to use the varying sized white spots as a sort of natural texture. So far, so good, actually, though it's going to be an exercise in madness to have to keep painting and re-painting the edges of this monstrous metal thing, since I can't actually mount it to anything in order to paint.

And yes, it is the base extension to end all base extensions.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Liquitex makes a good light grey gesso.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh man, those are cool.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How about, as a compromise, maybe even for just this month only, you can post a pic of what the model normally looks like, as sold, so you can see the difference in what we've done.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Android posted:

I, Android, oath this Orkish flyer made of Gw and Robogear bits, a model airplane kit, plasticard, and saw blades for the month of June

You do realize, Android, that unless you start taking better pictures of your finished stuff, we're going to hunt you down and take them ourselves. :toughguy:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got this package in the mail, and I was all "WTF, I didn't order anything from the UK" and I open it up and it's a nice little set of Springer Pinsel brushes! They're great! Thanks! Gonna use these to power through this oath.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oath Complete!

One injured paratrooper.

I may take better pictures later. I just want this accursed hunk of metal off my desk for now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pierzak posted:

Did you remember to magnetize the wings? :v:

It's the first time I see that board done well. Great job!

They, and the arms, are pinned.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I've got to do a display board in the coming six weeks or so, though I'll only shame myself compared to Pierre.

Fix posted:

Oath Complete!

One injured paratrooper.

I may take better pictures later. I just want this accursed hunk of metal off my desk for now.

Aaarglbargle.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I oathed the paratrooper that is being crushed under the giant space cockroach.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo those orks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh god, did I miss the cut-off for slideshow photo entries? I posted a better follow-up shot here.

If you'd be so kind?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I, Fix, oath the following:
1 Aegis Defense Line with Icarus Lascannon (Games Workshop)
2 Servitors (Games Workshop)
1 Servitor (Games Workshop kitbash)
1 Crusader (Games Workshop)
3 Servo Skull markers (Games Workshop)
1 Jokaero (Games Workshop)
1 Orangutango (Reaper)
1 Privateer Godwin (Hasslefree)
1 Skinny little dude I honestly have no idea where he came from. I thought he was from Dark Age, but now I can't find it.

One question: Do the Servo Skull markers count towards the "I rolled a 6..." point? As they are not regular game models but markers that operate by their own rules. Because if they do, I'd like to claim that.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fyrbrand posted:

Last month I painted 40k, now Fix is... The wonders never cease.

I've got an event in like six weeks. These are the last few models I've got to get ready. Afterwards, they're going to be put away and probably left untouched for a year or two, but what are you gonna do?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

nathonicus posted:

Dude, that's quite the list there.

Baw, it ain't nothin'. Just gotta do those and base a half dozen more and do touchup on twenty dudes or so and finish a plane and make a display board. It's not like I've got a whole lot of video games to play and Infinity singing it's sweet, sweet siren's call.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A WIP of an oath:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ineptmule posted:

Holy poo poo, where are those models from?

Malifaux.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Claiming the Speed Painting point!

Also Claiming the Box Art point!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

God drat, that scheme is hot as gently caress. And you went and did the reflections and all.

poo poo's badass.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Booley posted:

Reflections are just a piece of white plexi. I don't really deserve any credit for that.

Horse poo poo. I didn't track down any white plexi for my white models and photograph them from the proper angle with proper lighting to get the right effect. You did good work picking the final display of your models, best suited to fit the clean aesthetic you chose when you set out. You did a real good job. Now drill your barrels and clean up your base rims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

krushgroove posted:

I was going to say the same about the bases, but in the painting thread he did say he's waiting on some resin bases for those figures. I do agree with the drilling of the barrels, though, but the green Tau seem to get away with not having anything drilled, at least to my eye.

I was going to call Avocado on it earlier. I'm always reluctant on the high-tech races, when I don't know if what is being emitted is actually slug or laser fire. Do you drill a melta gun? It's microwaves!

The point is that effort paid off. Good job efforting.

• Locked thread