Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
Oathing a half-assembled model is a no-go this time around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...

krushgroove posted:

I've updated 2a in the 'How to Properly Make an Oath' section to include partly assembled models. So if you've magnetized some bits or put some of it together there's no reason it shouldn't be eligible.

:buddy:

:siren: I Khadhul, for the month of May, Oath to paint one Stormblade Superheavy tank

I can put up the picture at full size if necessary, in case you can't read the text on the screen.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:Oath Complete!
Even if the paintjob is lovely :negative:
I'm not sure how I thought enrolling in driver's ed in the same month as I'd oathed the third biggest model I'd painted yet combined with an out-of-this-world procrastinating streak was a good idea but there you go :suicide:

I used a piece of brass rod to make a hinge for the hatch. The plan was for the hatch to be closed in all the wip photos (success!) and have the tank commander just suddenly be there in the last photo, but the commander model just ain't painted :(

WIP Photos:

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren: I Khadhul Oath to Paint Three Space Hulk Terminators (Games Workshop)

These will count as based, correct? If not, I'm gonna need to add to my oath.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
A couple questions; Firstly, the themed group thing does not give points, it only enters you into a draw for prizes, correct?

Secondly, does sculpting bionics count for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal? I found the model I'd planned on doing the jurnal on was already pretty battlescarred so I'm probably going to have to add atleast one model to the oath regardless, and I've got my counts-as Helbrecht waiting to have his arm sculpted anyway.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:Oath Complete

Backstory time!
The newest member of the squad was an idiot.
"How did this moron survive his scout years?" Brother Leonardo asked no-one in particular.
Not looking up from the auspex he'd built into his powerfist, Brother Donatello answered -"Apparently he only started acting this way when he was given his Tactical Dreadnought Armour," Donatello tensed when a blip appeared on the auspex, but relaxed when it did not reappear, then continued "He was a model Astartes when he was in Tactical, Assault, and Devastator squads."
Leonardo rolled his eyes, but said nothing. He had long ago learned that trying to engage Donatello in conversation was like attempting to educate an Ork on the finer points of penmanship. A burst of stormbolter fire echoed down the corridor of the Space Hulk followed by a battlecry, "YOLO!"

The sound of repeated power fist impacts followed. By the sounds of it, it was quite the battle. "According to the Auspex, Brother Raphael seems to be fighting a full dozen xenos" Donatello stated.
Leonardo leaned forward, and started the slightly quicker than walking pace plodding that passed for a run in Terminator Armour "Alright, let's go haul his rear end out of his mess." As he neared the fight, Leonardo spooled up his Assault Cannon, readying it for a devastating burst of firepower. As the view cleared, he saw Brother Raphael surrounded by xenos corpses, with four live xenos bearing down on him. Leonardo let loose the Assault Cannon, instantly vaporising two of the xenos beasts. One of the beasts was too close to Raphael to risk firing upon; the marine was much too unpredictable and a gloryhound to boot, it was not inconcievable that he would interpose himself between the final xeno and Leonardo's hail of gunfire in order to deny Leonardo the kill. The final xeno presented an altogether different problem. It had noticed Leonardo, and was much too close to use the cannon on; by the time he could bring it to bear, the xeno would be within his effective range. He triggered the power field in his oversized gauntlet, smashing the creature aside, turning its head and most of its upper torso to literal paste. By then, Raphael had despatched the final xeno, mutilating it. It was still alive as he crushed its head in his powerfist. Raphael glared at Leonardo through his remaining eye lense, the other lost in the melee.
"Don't ever steal my kills again," he said, "or we'll see how good you really are in that armour, brother."

The original plan was to paint the guy holding the genestealer head as all scratched up, but that got thrown out when I saw that he already was :sigh:

So I figured, the nerd terminator probably wouldn't get into many figths, but the asscannon one might have to fist a genestealer or two, and in the process scuff up the paintjob on his powerfist:

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
I Khadhul, oath to paint during the month of July, one Space Marine Commander from Games Workshop/Forgeworld.

Here's the cut and swap as it is now:

I cut up the right arm so I could repose it as holding a sword, it's not pinned/greenstuffed into place yet so the final product might look a bit different. The left arm is currently a cut up black templars power sword shoulder to get a good angle on the shoulderpad and a brass pin that'll form a base for a bionic arm holding a combimelta to his side. The head is, if I recall correctly from the cadian command squad box.

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 7, 2013

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:frogsiren: Oath Complete! :frogsiren:

I'd also like to claim Fly Your Flag as well as Speed Painting!

The cross I (badly) painted on the banner seems to be a variant on the maltese cross used by the crusaders and templars, and since my space marine here has repainted Black Templar iconography I thought it fitting to give him a variant of the maltese cross to tote around

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 20, 2013

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
Holy poo poo that is an awesome scheme.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:I Khadhul, Oath one Chaos Terminator Lord and one Tau Commander for the month of August:siren:

The green on them is greenstuff, mainly because finecast.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren: Oath Complete :siren:

Had to rush the crisis suit because if there's one thing I know how to do, it's procrastinate. I kinda like the fat highlights though.

Here are the journal entries:

Figured the melta would discolour a bit from the heat when it fires.

I also figured that these motherfuckers are trudging through a battlefield and there ain't no way you're truding through a battlefield and have your shoes be pristine, so they got drybrushed a bit.

I hope the Chaos Lord qualifies for box art given he's supposed to be an Ironic Warrior, but the only official pic of an Iron Warrior I can find on the GW site the moment is of the Warsmith rather than a Terminator.

If not I guess I can paint up my Warsmith at some point.

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 31, 2013

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren: I Khadhul oath to paint one Tau Commander Farsight by Games Workshop for the month of September

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
40K Vote! I'm gonna hafta vote for _____Booley_____.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
For a second there I thought you'd made pogo stick Necrons. You should make that.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:frogsiren:Oath Complete:frogsiren:

The Journal is the chest emblem. Originally there was a sculpted Tau emblem there but I filed it down, smoothed it out with greenstuff and painted the heretic seditionist Farsight emblem there instead.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
I'd like to make use of amnesty month to paint some models that've languished in halfpaint-land for literally years so with that in mind

:siren:I Khadhul Oath to paint one Ogryn and two Elysian Drop Troops :siren: from Games Workshop and Forgeworld

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
Oath Complete

Jurnal is the pink ribbon tattoo on the ogryn.

The wash isn't dry on the big guy yet but whatever. I really gotta learn to paint my stuff earlier in the month.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:For the month of November, I Khahdul oath to paint 3 Elysian Droptroopers from Forgeworld

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren: Oath complete

Jurnal is the beards in various states of shaving.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:I Khadhul oath one Vanguard Veteran for the month of December. Model by Games Workshop

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 9, 2013

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
My vote's gonna be for ----Booley---.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
Gonna have to declare oath failed on mine.

• Locked thread