Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I am Bobby Lee'd out after that last episode (or more realistically, after the first episode; now it's just grating). How many episodes are they going to have him on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I still prefer him over Bobby Lee

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Performula posted:

Bobby Lee is funny and all, but his brother Steve Lee is hilarious, even though it seems unintended a lot of times.

Yep. Even though I bitched about Bobby Lee, he redeemed himself by bringing his brother along.

Also I wonder if this show will last past the 100th episode. I know it was a joke at the time when David said he was stopping the show at 100 episodes but he was talking about going into seclusion to paint again yet at the same time, he's talking about pushing out those lovely pheremones.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

"Rape life" ~David Choe

After this episode, it really wouldn't surprise me that they stop at 100 episodes. Given how people reacted, I wonder if they will start a spinoff without David there or maybe as a guest here and there.

The Experiment fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 29, 2014

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

The latest episode (106) is loving crazy. Except I think the whole story at the end was made up.

The comment section on that site is going nuts. Seems like it has been one of the most controversial episodes (and that is saying something when talking about this show) in a long time.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Bobby Lee is still the weak link of the show. Keep Steve, get rid of Bobby and his boring girlfriend. Also he doesn't seem to like Critter much, which is funny to me for some reason. I figured it was because he is always by Dave and is therefore jealous.

Lovechop posted:

Bill Poon is a dude. Whenever someone suggests something he always rolls with it and doesn't back down. Phone sex with Eva, talking about loving Critter in the rear end. Owns, haha.

I agree. Probably my favorite person there on the show.

The Experiment fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 22, 2014

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

What a crazy episode. Bill Poon proves yet again that he is the best person on the show.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

That whole story was BS. From the massage to the "oh you're so cool!" ending. All of it. He just made up a story he thought was cool, got called out on it, then back pedaled.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Didn't he take that back?

It'd be too bad if he left. Critter was a decent member of the show but Bobby Lee can barely contain his dislike for him, which was always pretty funny.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Yeah the first half more than made up for the lovely second half. I'm glad that Bobby Lee is "big timing" DVDASA if it means having Steve Lee come in alone from now on.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I agree that I like the experimental shows. Basically the smaller the cast, the better the show. My least favorite episodes tend to be the ones that have a constant stream of people coming and going from the show.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I'm still able to download older episodes on iTunes.

Going to download them all, just in case.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I finally caught up on the Big Bear episodes. Money Mark is really good at making beats. The singer that Dave brought up (Ceci?) is really good too. Steve is so outclassed by the talent involved that it's kind of interesting.

I'm still curious what is going on with the show. Since they eventually re-uploaded the videos, I'm guessing it will come back. Then again, David Choe has spent the past few months deciding whether to keep the show going or not. It seems equally likely that he just up and pulled the plug on it to work on Mangchi or the Vice stuff.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

A Keg posted:

Now that the show is dead we can all admit that Steve is loving awful at rapping and it was kinda mean that everybody but him was in on the joke about making his album because it'd be a bunch of talented people trying to propel Rappin' William Hung into the spotlight, I hope.

I mean he was still the best part of the show and I can't dislike him because he seems like a sweet guy with brain problems and probably mild retardation, but still.

I'm not sure if they treat it as a joke. I think Dave is legitimately interested in seeing Steve Lee succeed as a rapper, which is why he seems to be enlisting producers and guest singers that are several levels beyond what Steve is currently capable of. I think it's going to be a "so bad it's good" thing so for that reason alone, I will get his album when it comes out.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I saw that they released the Mangchi EP. It's not very good except for the beats on it. I know on the podcast that they talked about releasing the instrumentals. That'd be a great idea if they still plan on going through with it.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I'm glad the show is back on. These episodes have been great so far.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I listened to all of the episodes of Billy Bob Crit. It isn't bad. For some reason, I was surprised to hear that Poon is somewhat aware of what is going on in sports.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I actually like the Saga 02 episodes better. Bobby Lee barely shows up anymore and there aren't those episodes where there are a dozen guests streaming in and out of the episode. The only real weak episode that I can think of was where he had the Canadian chick on.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

With the hiatus, I started listening to old episodes I hadn't listened to before. Andy Milonakis was terrible but the Harris Wittels episode was sad, mostly because one of the big discussion topics was how Harris was going to finally wean himself off of painkillers for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Still keeping hope alive for a Saga 3, I decided to listen to the KGB episodes. Wow, I recommend listening to them if you haven't already.

http://koreansgonebad.com/

• Locked thread