Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I ran a game of Rifts a while back for some friends as a joke. One of my friends had never played Palladium before. He did not care for the experience. http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2011/09/genre/horror/rifts-the-eliminators/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

50 Foot Ant posted:

That's not even getting into the fact that KS sometimes seems to think he's a tactical and strategic genius when he writes Rifts, but when it comes down to it he's barely qualified to figure out Starcraft strategies. The big hoopla surrounding the Coalition War, and through the whole thing he falls into the basic traps that anyone who doesn't know jack poo poo about military strategy and tactics falls into. It rendered the entire Tolkeen War a loving joke.

I'd like to hear more about how the Coalition War was hosed up. I never read into it. The last book I read about the CS war was the military campaign book that stated the CS had 1 million SAMAS units in storage. One. loving. Million. SAMAS power armor units.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Just in case you're not following the FATAL & Friends thread, occamnailfile's Rifts England writeup wrapped up, and my Rifts Africa writeup has started as of Friday. Links to the posts are archived here for England and here for Africa as quickly as Syrg Sapphire puts 'em on up.

Enjoy! Or don't, whatever, that's cool.

Man, when Rifts Africa came out, I thought it was sooo coool because I was far more easily impressed back then - kewl monsters, new RCCs, necromancy and the Four Horsemen! OMG SO AWESOME.

Loving the current FATAL and Friends writeup of it though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Updated the OP, mainly just to do a few fixes, get the newer F&Fs in order, and added the "Palladium-Playing Awful Goons and Other Strangeness" section for goony Palladium material. Feel free to suggest additions, of course. I'd like to add more content if I find the time.

Oh! Funny story. I picked up a copy of Mutants Down Under to replace my lost book while I was at Gencon (there was a 1/2 off any After the Bomb or Heroes Unlimited book), and though it's great to see the Palladium folks keep a good percentage of their books on the wire racks, the pages are yellowed and I cringe slightly to think of how long Palladium has sat on that book, lugging it around conventions, hoping some schlep like me was like "Oh, I want this, because Eastman, Laird, and Lawson." And then I realized Mutants Down Under had so many brothers, just being lugged around, Palladium staffers and volunteers stuffing Mutants in Avalon into a wire rack con after con and hoping somebody actually wants it again...

... maybe it's not that funny after all. :geno:

I also have AP podcasts of TMNT here http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2011/02/genre/action/tmnt-and-other-strangeness-mutants-in-new-york-part-1/ and here http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2011/02/genre/action/tmnt-other-strangeness-mutants-in-new-york-2/

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

if Palladium fucks up the Robotech mini Kickstater much more, I don't see how they'll be able to weather the damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/716024

edit: Look at all the blame passing Kevin is doing in that post. I also remember reading earlier posts in the Kickstarter thread about how hosed up the robotech KS was.

• Locked thread