Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Oh man, Rifts.

My friends and I picked up a whole load of Rifts books for super cheap at a convention auction. We pretty much ignored most of the rules, to be honest, and ran things loosely like a D20 game. Even so the balance was pretty terrible. One of the characters started off the game with supernatural strength and complete immunity to magic. But we had a lot of fun with it. Our GM never planned anything and, as a music student, was usually stupidly tired anytime we ran a game, so nothing ever made sense. It was pretty much perfect for Rifts. The plot ended up involving pocket-dimensions, time-travel, immortal vampire lords formed from the body parts of another immortal vampire lords (one, "the Toe" was friendly), and a world destroying baby.

Same guy also ran a Rifts Western campaign (cyber cowboys basically), that was supposed to be more grounded but quickly descended into total madness. We played a bit of Nightbane too. This one he actually planned out and is one of my favourite games I've been in. The setting has a lot of potential and you can make some pretty weird and fun characters. My shark/man/gangster could turn into a living shadow with a chesire cat style grin and plant his teeth as magical recording devices and another guy was a living doll with insane superstrength who used manhole covers as shields.

Basically Palladium is totally awesome as long as you completely ignore the rules and don't take things too seriously. I always meant to run an After the Bomb campaign but never got around to it. And stories about Siembeda never get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread