Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I've never really known why, but I have always had a soft spot for Rifts. Now I'm going to have to start collecting the books.

I think it's because I have always loved really odd and crazy things, like a magician flying on a jet cycle teleporting atom bombs at dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

So, does anyone know of a good resource to get RIFTS books from that isn't :filez:? I'd like to pick up some of the books, but have limited cash to do it.

Also, there's Rifts that opened in the sky, under water... has any Rift opened up in the middle of an inactive supervolcano? Like, releasing enough energy to make it go boom?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

When I was shoring up my Rifts collection for F&F writeups, I used hpbmarketplace.com. You can get a lot of the early books super-cheap (not caring about the condition helps), and if you can find multiple books from the same seller, the shipping costs are notably lower than amazon.com. One of the big issues, though, when searching, is that there's basically no standard for how those books are titled and filed, so you'll find the same book under like two to four different names sometimes.

If you're looking for PDFs, rpgnow as a selection of them, and they're about half off normal retail price.

Perfect. I'm hoping for PDFs since I've got zero shelf space. I do want a good copy of the main book though, preferably in hardback. What's the latest version there, the Ultimate edition?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

That's a lot of :words: but man, does it sound like it would be fun to play in that world.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Does Rifts play well with a PBEM or PBP system? I know for a fact I can't get enough people around me interested in this, but I'd still love to play around with the universe.

• Locked thread