Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
FASA didn't actually steal anything, exactly- they used the likenesses they had in good faith, because they -thought- they'd bought the rights to do so from a modeling company. As it turns out, there was no small question about whether the company that sold the rights had them to sell. (Supposedly Harmony Gold's rights did not actually cover Japanese model kits manufactured for export, and that's what the FASA mechs were based on, but the judge did not find this line of reasoning persuasive.)

As a side effect, they later decided to go "gently caress it" to using mechs where the creators held any rights to the images at all. If Long retained any rights to the stuff he designed for them, he may have been caught up in that particular thing , but it wouldn't have been a specific, targeted, thing, just a change in company policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I know folks are already super-mad that Dog Boys aren't in the core for Savage Rifts but instead tucked into a Coalition sourcebook or something.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I can only hope that one of the terms of the agreement was that PEG handles everything about the kickstarter because they do good work on those, and pretty much deliver on time for the prediction or even a bit early.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

So I just googled Grackle Tooth and apparently they're laid back cowboy lizardmen and I am okay with this.

• Locked thread