Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Zereth posted:

Wait what :stare:

In the Rifts® Ultimate® Edition®, there's an O.C.C. called the Elemental Fusionist. It's based on a class from the N-Gage game Rifts® Promise of Power™ that no one bought because no one had an N-Gage.

This is a thing that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Who wants to read a Kevin Siembieda ego trip, sob story, blame game, credit grab, and money beg all in one?

Part 1: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1255963

and because he hit the character limit

Part 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1256008

Absolutely no understanding at all that he and his company are the sole reason behind this failure. Mismanagement to the extreme.

The comments on these are solid loving gold.

quote:

Ninja Division. Meet Mr. Bus. See how it looks under the bus. See how squeaky clean I made myself look.

quote:

Remarkable. The only place the word Sorry is used in both these updates was when they put words in NDs mouth, basically saying they are behind the miscommunication mess.
A long story about the troubles with shipping, but not a word about the elephant in the room, how most backers outside the US only got their stuff after it had been available in stores for months.

A nice apology would have been in place, something that says: we understand your frustrations, we are sorry, we should have done thing differently. But every time something that should have been done different is mentioned in this update, it is immediately linked to some third party that didn't do what you expected or delivered what you wanted.

I see not a single critical note towards yourself. Bad form, very bad form.

quote:

It's clear to me now you couldn't manage your way out of a paper bag

And my personal favorite

quote:

Once again, as with last update: I work with people with masters degrees. Once we had an entry level guy come in, eat a foot long and a half salami and then get confused when he went home sick. Which do you think you are in this example?.

:thurman:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Also, speaking of tremendous shitshows, I know the people involved in Savage Rifts. Hooo boy, that's gonna be a fun one to watch.

Do tell!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I like Nightbane so much that I at least wanted to go through the process of generating a character, but I found it almost impossible. Layout isn't usually something brought up in reviews as a factor that saves or sinks a game, but it had so many special case rules wedged in-between parts of the character creation process that I gave up in frustration.

Don't forget the missing tables that other tables reference!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

EverettLO posted:

So it will start April 26. I could see this getting 7th Sea money since 'Rifts would be great with a better system' is something that's been repeated endlessly by everyone in the last 25 years.

I can't wait to see how Kevin fucks this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I started reacquainting myself with the Savage Worlds rules, then went back to the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide, and now looking at the numbers, it really has the issue that a lot of games do when they convert damage over from a generic hit point system to a damage resistance system that things get a lot more lethal when there's a strong difference in scale; i.e. robot vehicles are now going to paste the gently caress out of grunts in body armor. And that's fine, Savage Worlds is supposed to have combat that runs much faster, and it's nice not to see 30' robot vehicles be the paper tigers they usually are in the original game.

Where this gets kind of hosed is with power armor in particular, since a number of them are given weapons you'd usually expect to see on robot vehicles... but by no means can most power armor hold up against that kind of firepower. The result is that power armor fights often can be rocket tag fights where the first to hit drastically wounds or kills the other. The epitome is with the Glitter Boy, where its rail gun does 4d12+6 (average 32) damage and ignores 25 points of armor, and the Glitter Boy has 18 points of armor itself. Now, power armor ignores 4 points of AP from projectile weaponry, but rail guns explicitly ignore that for... some goddamn reason. So despite having "... the highest M.D.C. rating of any armor known, even among robot armor vehicles." according to the book, its armor provides it less than zero protection from its own gun. Since it takes 16 points of overage on damage to take out a Wild Card (aka PCs and named NPCs) in one hit and most pilots aren't going to have more than 8 points in Toughness (which reduces damage but isn't subject to AP), the grand majority of the time Glitter Boy v Glitter Boy fights are going to boil down to whoever can land the first hit.

So, yes, the Glitter Boy can't even remotely take a hit from its own gun. And no, nothing in the game so far even has close to 25 points of armor. What the hell, Pinnacle?

When it comes to Rifts, remember: it's not a bug, it's a feature.

• Locked thread