Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Man how come I never noticed this thread before?

I actually ran a Rifts game in the Navy for a while before a Mr Suitcase type with a shitload of Magic around the time of The Dark expansion got lots of us playing that instead.

I actually own and have completed the NGage game, and have an eventual plan to read and review every issue of The Rifter. I own like 2/3 rds of them for some reason.

This of course means having to at least read the rules to one of the newer RPGs and that god awful system. Though it is decent enough in the TMNT version. But mega damage rule sets blow. ( and with stuff like Basic Roleplaying, Savage Worlds, D6 System, or even Cartoon Action Hour honestly anything Palladiums rules might have application for is kind of moot. Hell, BESM and Mekton 2/Zeta. )

I kind of look at Palladium like GURPS. Good sourcebooks with sometimes neat art but a god awful system and pages upon pages of irrelevant and boring pedantic rules only designed for the most aspie of gamer. ( Though Palladium has better art and more infectiously fun fluff. GURPS is more a fair rule system gone completely out of control. Like Star Fleet Battles, Advanced Squad Leader, and other games that had a playable core but were pushed to the levels of pure IDGAF.)

I do appreciate the prices are reasonable as opposed to expensive hardcover full color coffee table books ala FFG's 40k RPGS though.

That is one thing I am glad old Kevvy is still a dinosaur about because gently caress that trend and anyone who likes it. ( They are game books not things to flip through. They get worn down and honestly I would like spiral bound so the fuckers stay open on a page I need. I appreciated this with the 7.5 edition Tunnels and Trolls.)

Sadly his way of managing the company and handling the Net is as archaic and legally paranoid as Games Workshop which makes it really hard to like them.

(Except you know, without 30 dollar 1 inch tall unpainted and unassembled Space Marine Captain models.)

Oh yeah. The Robotech Tactics KS has been pretty sad too. I just put in for some of the LE figures. Not only are they not part of Wave 1, but assholes going to Midwest conventions get Wave 1 stuff before people who loving helped fund the project! Apparently people said this was ok overwhelmingly in spite of nearly every online comment I have seen being pissed about it.

Oh well. Harmony Gold and Palladium do deserve each other. IP paranoid loonies basically surviving off poo poo from 20+ years ago and the few nerds who haven't moved on. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread