Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Alien Rope Burn posted:

One thing that I don't think can be understated is that Palladium needs the Robotech RPG minis to be a success. Palladium has been a bad place for years, and has been able to keep running, but like a shark, if they stop, they'll sink. There's basically no financial safety net at this point.

It's sad, I don't necessarily want Palladium to go under, I wish them the best, but it's amazing they've been able to keep going this long. Though I wouldn't necessarily predict their doom (as has been popular for about a decade now), it seems unlikely that they can maintain their momentum forever.

With that Kickstarter update, Kevin really just keeps to clam up, show the pictures, give the progress report, and be done. The handwringing and apologizing just looks desperate.

how do you gently caress up on a kickstarter that overfunded. It's well above the cash levels that say needing a range-hood would hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Alien Rope Burn posted:

There's always the classic "we failed to estimate our costs properly in the first place".

From looking at the amount of stretch goal extras added to the big packs, that's quite possibly the case. I just assumed it was the "Siembieda effect" that was holding everything up.

I do like how they keep using the old 3d printed destroids in the pictures, except they are the wrong scale, so they have to explain every time. Just get correctly scaled ones printed you drongos.

Wibbleman fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 11, 2014

• Locked thread