Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daryl Surat posted:

The Wednesday 8 PM DOOM! lineup is most likely going to be as follows:

05-10-01 - Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi (ROH)
05-11-05 - Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima (NOAH)
13-05-11 - FINAL BURNING: Kenta Kobashi, Jun Akiyama, Keiji Mutoh & Kensuke Sasaki vs KENTA, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Maybach Taniguchi (NOAH)

Much like how the WWE will put the Divas matches in between semi-main events to let the crowd recover, interspersed throughout shall be the (unsubtitled, alas) clips from the Japanese variety show AKBingo detailing how it came to pass that AKB48 member Asuka Kuramochi got to be a guest announcer during Okada vs Tanahashi at the Tokyo Dome and present Kenta Kobashi with flowers during the retirement. That works out to about 7 minute "intermissions" between the matches, making it 2 hours and 15 minutes this week instead of 2 hours. I can deal with it.

A quick suggestion for the quick intermission segments: Great promos from all promotions, or even just ones that you dug. Or notably bad ones like Jumpin' Jeff Framer's promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRanTer posted:

Would folks be interested in a classic Kobashi match and a non-classic TNA weekly PPV around 10:45?

Link me, broseidon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

sometime this week, I wanna do a BYOM thing in http://sync.coconono.org/r/coconono

so head there whenever, and link your coolest MMA or wrestling match.

I got a ring-a-ding-dong-dandy for that whenever it is, my friend. It's a well known match, but it's a good one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I currently can't add anything with the link you gave me, fella.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I added:

CM Punk vs Colt Cabana 2/3 Falls (Punk's final ROH match)

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart SS' 96

Bryan Danielson vs Lance Storm for the ROH World title

Bryan Danielson vs James Gibson for the ROH World title

Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE title

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So last night in Coco's room, he was showing a whole bunch of IWA: MS wherein an indy mainstay named Adam Gooch wrestled. Some of you may have heard of him if you watched IWA:MS in the early days but what's really important to know about him is the following:

1)He once was accused of slugging a 14 year old special needs kid at a show.

2)He used to have a gimmick where he drew abs with a marker where said abs would be if he bothered to work out. When old veterans complain about 160lb guys who look like a slight breeze would knock them over getting booked, they're talking about guys like Gooch.

3)CM Punk once witnessed him get bitched out by the two girls he was seeing at the time because one asked Gooch to buy him a Nintendo and he had the other girl do so for him. Here is the blog going into greater detail http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/4572.html

And yes, that is Punk's old livejournal, the one where he claimed to threaten to eat a Highway patrolman's dog if the officer wouldn't back off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I was vaguely disappointed this wasn't a Kevin Steen Marathon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume the Mutoh vs Chono match is from the G-1 Finals?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I always saw him as the Japanese Steve Austin due the whole anti-hero who's popular no matter what thing he seemingly has had going forever. But I guess Hogan's more apt because Steve kept having good matches right up to the time he retired.

I think it's a fine selection, it was probably either that, a match from his ChoTen team with Tenzan or that wild cage match he had with Takayama on PPV.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So like, 3 matches? Might wanna stick a stretcher match or two in there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The finest Edge and Christian segement for the marathon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SycnHrqmxsg

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching the first HIAC in the very same room RIGHT NOW http://www.psp-tv.com/r/RockLobster3000

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have not yet seen it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This is the show where somebody got headbutted to hell that got GIF'd, yes?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He was also the original King of Memphis from whom Lawler took the crown.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, Steve Corino. He was born in Winnipeg.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wednesday is Daryl Surat's bad-rear end Puro and other good stuff night.

For those who have never seen the Lawler/Kaufman stuff: It's really, really good stuff.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 15, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I would contend that the commentary, especially when the bands join in, is hilariously awful on WSX.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I can toss in a few PWG matches too

The Bucks and Kendrick vs MCMG and CIMA is hella good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dolph Ziggler/Mr.Perfect/Shawn Michaels/Billy Gunn.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like that idea. Sometimes I wanna see Jun Kasai do unspeakable things to people, sometimes I wanna see elaborate armdrags.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Whoever it was that was interested in running Family Feuds with wrestlers (Carlisle?) on them, IVP has WBF vs WWE and something simply labeled Heels vs Faces (I assume it's that early 90's WWE one, but I may be wrong). I don't know if you're willing to pay for that but you said you had trouble tracking 'em down in full online.

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/index.php?cPath=82&sort=1a&page=2

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Awesome, the first season ruled.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hell yeah. I enjoyed UWFi when they used to show it on TSN back when TSN had the Canadian rights to WWE, I imagine Pancrase will be fairly similar.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
With a list of workers like that I can't say no.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

More TNA to come, plus CURTIS!!!!

Hughes?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
TNA has a nice MST3K quality to it, go for it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching Best in the World Punk doc in full right now in Bobkatt's room http://www.psp-tv.com/r/bobkatt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have no art ability but I'd like to suggest a shirt mocking the nonsense Hogan spewed about Waco. Somebody with more artistic talent than I can come up with something, I'm sure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

AND FLEX

Steiner is the best personal trainer. gently caress knowing how to do anything safely or the correct way - stop being a bitch and lift something heavy until you feel good.

My favorite is him acknowledging that it may all be worthless.

MAYBE IT'S RIGHT, MAYBE IT AIN'T.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

RUMBLETUBE, MOTHERLOVERS.

From 16:00 EST (21:00 GMT) until the start of NoC, I'm going to put on Royal Rumbles (probably just random order, unless anyone wants to watch a particular one).

Depending on turnout, I might make eurogoon-friendly Sunday Night Vogetube a regular thing.

At some point, show the Rumble where Punk sermonizes between eliminating guys. Good times.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Be warned: Pick Your Poison is very good, but absolutely horrific in parts, and incredibly sad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daryl Surat posted:

Wednesday 8 PM http://psp-tv.com/r/channelofdoom it's time to MAKE IT RAIN with 2 more hours of pro wrestling, much of it quite recent for a change:

13-08-31 - ACH vs Kyle O'Reilly (PWG)
87-09-14 - Jumping Bomb Angels (Noriyo Tateno & Itsuki Yamazaki) vs Crush Gals (Lioness Asuka & Chigusa Nagayo) (AJW)
13-07-28 - Inner City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet) vs Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (DGUSA)
13-10-14 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)

Due to time constraints, we'll do the 2006 Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe cage match next week I guess.

The new Okada vs Tanahashi?!?!? You magnificent bastard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sounds good to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I for one am real happy I crashed out the moment I got home and missed last night. Great.

He keeps the thing up all week, my friend. Watch, and wonder how Tanahashi and Okada aren't already in nursing homes from brain damage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I'm doing my usual thing tonight at 10 Eastern with one minor difference in that I have four and a half hours of pre-show

Gone with the Wind and PWG, together at last!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Actually I'm just going to play Alice's Restaurant 30 times in a row

Was excited until I realized I was mixing this up with Go Ask Alice, one of the more ridiculous things ever made.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gonna go with Corvette Summer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently 2CW is doing a free show on the 22nd, is it possible to stream this in PSPTV? http://www.2cwwrestling.com/#two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I need to stream less but after watching a few minutes of THE TIME MACHINE (I FOUND AT A YARD SALE) I need to share this movie.

8 PM: http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

This is the next evolution of Birdemic.

Why, does it have Eddie Edwards?