Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thank you for showing WM11, maxallen, and reminding me of Salt 'N Pepa's performance, the greatest musical performance ever at a Wrestlemania. What a mighty mighty good man you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Salt n' Peppa were legit cool and I don't appreciate your "irony".

I'm 100% serious. I love me some S&P, that song was the first song at the first school dance I ever attended. Good poo poo and I always hated that they ended up jobbing to TLC in the 90's lady rap wars.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RIP Lefteye, but it's still bullshit that Salt N Peps faded into relative obscurity while TLC got not only a match but a PPV named after them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is better than the last six or so WWE PPVs. Guys there is so much mass.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm going to try to track down and upload the absolutely horrendous Monster Brawl, featuring PSP favourites Kevin Nash, Jimmy Hart, Herb Dean, and Kurrgan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1716753/

It's much worse than it looks, and was one of the most awkward theatre experiences I've ever had. Apparently the movie's designed to be watched (and cheered) like a wrestling match, but if you don't do this, it has all the charm of watching an Empty Arena Match with no crowd noise. Anyway, it sucks and I'm gonna subject you to it at some point on the weekend.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Have we ever watched Rollergames? After mentioning it in passing the other day I looked some of it up and we need to watch Rollergames. I think it nearly reaches the level of quality heretofore unseen since Monster Wars.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

and betray Dave Meltzer and the Roller Derby?

Does Meltz only like shoot rollersports? There's something charming about a worked version of roller derby, and something transcendent when they start getting late-80s hair metal acts to intro the shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I had to run out on a call last night but I got catch part of some teen sexually assaulting his teacher and getting away with it.

:gonk: :psyduck: :gonk:

I briefly saw Jesse Spano getting raped by a magic teleporting plumber.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anything on tonight? Is more 'classic' TNA available/in the cards?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Do it on Wednesday and counter-program the dying days of TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Love that Leif Cassidy. He always seems to have a bead on what everybody wants.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

tomorrow or Saturday (probably tomorrow since CAGE OF DEATH is Saturday), I will try and show Smash Wrestling's latest show at 10 EST. this is the card

come for the Young Bucks, stay for the AMBULANCE MATCH

Is this still on for tonight? I'm mildly gutted I didn't go to this event live.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

JR's work improves as the show goes on, I'd say. He seemed to be genuinely into some of talent. Makabe and Nakamura in particular.

Yeah definitely. It's a little awkward for the first few matches but he settles into a groove by the time the Saku/Suzuki match hits and, as Meltzer mentioned on one of his podcasts, you can literally hear JR becoming a fan of Nakamura as his match goes on which is one of the coolest things on the show for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It should come as no surprise but that Bucks match is a fuckin banger. Keep an eye out for the marks playing soccer and not paying attention to the match in the background.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hey I just had a good idea - why doesn't someone show the WBF PPV tonight

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I could eat a peach for hours

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FYI, Cagefans, this priceless Face/Off prop can be yours for only a few hundred bucks. Cath, this horrifying thing has your name all over it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

beggar posted:

I bought Battle Dome Season 1 (5 discs!) with the intent to psp.tv it. Get ready for Michael ODell and the Dahm Triplets, daddy.

gently caress yes gently caress yes. It's time. It's G-Money time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I saw Wing Commander in the theatre for the Star Wars trailer. The theatre had a big sign up that said 'NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED FOR WING COMMANDER TICKETS ONCE THE STAR WARS TRAILER HAS PLAYED" well that's my wing commander story thanks for listening.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sunsweet posted:

Do you like movies? Do you hate your family? Have you already celebrated Thanksgiving because you live in a real country, such as Canada?

WELL at 5pm EDT (I think this is 9pm GMT?) we'll be watching movies in: http://psp-tv.com/r/sunsweet

Are you showing the Miz-mas movie?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sunsweet posted:

Holy mother of God no. No.

I have four movies picked out and they are very holiday appropriate: Death Becomes Her, Zombie Nightmare, Xtro, and Skyfall.

Nice! I'll try to stop in for Xtro and Skyfall. I need to wash the taste of Spectre from my mouth.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe relevant to the interests of a few people here, my buddy did a feature-length cut of Cowboy Who Season 2 which is playing as a digital screening as part of the Chatanooga Film Festival.

https://www.chattfilmfest.org/press...qWuUOdzbeTyrUdc

quote:

COWBOY WHO SEASON 2 | Jeff Green
In 1990, children’s theatre performers Robert Eastland and Mike Cormier collaborated with radio producer Jeff Green on a deranged TV pitch to a Canadian broadcaster that was trying to fulfill its educational programming commitments. Against all odds, their pilot was greenlit, and the three embarked on the production of one of the most bizarre, yet innovative children’s shows ever made. Its first season began as a riff on THE HOWDY-DOODY SHOW but mutated into an array of surrealist sketch comedy, experimental video art, and biting satire. Proceeding as if Douglas Adams, Mark Frost and The Kids in the Hall were showrunning WONDER SHOWZEN with the resourcefulness of MST3K’s KMTA years, the second season catapults its hosts into space and pits them against an evil Interstellar Broadcast Empire. This remix preserves the Season 1 finale and first 12 episodes of Season 2, condensed by The Laser Blast Film Society to a feature-length run time for economized, yet maximized mind meltage.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Will the new update still require the Google Drive script, coco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You're the best, coco!