Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

inthesto posted:

A big thanks to RuanGacho for holding down the fort and letting me use my fast forward button for this fight. Honestly, this fight wouldn't be nearly as tedious if we could just control Kahn, but I don't draw comparisons to Thracia 776 for no reason.

Also, anyone unfamiliar with the game's script now has a decent idea of how many loving ellipses I edit out of every update.

What on earth possessed them to build the encounter this way? Kahn joins you anyway, so why not have him declare his loyalties at the start rather than the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So...how badly did Kahn just mess up?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ditch Justin. More dorf!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So can you spoil what triggers if you kill/don't kill the baby dragon? Because I'm curious now and it'll be a while before we see the payoff if it's in game 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Bench Dantares for Frank.

This was going to be my suggestion. I mean "7 MOV without the crazy penalties that centaurs get" sounds great, so what's the down side!? :v: Dan deserves a break; he's constantly stealing Synbios's spotlight with the fans and needs to be shown who's boss.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Glazius posted:

Man, is that the second time we've been led into a room by people who are deceiving us?

At least we didn't fight in the castle corridors.

I do like how Dantares doesn't beat around the bush. As soon as Wilmer leaves the room, "Welp; he locked the door, so this is a trap." There's no "What is this!? A trap!? How can it be!?" nonsense dragging things out that you see in other games time to time.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Are we officially further than the TotalBiscuit LP now? I don't remember seeing him fight Basanda.

edit: I got my SA account to comment in TB's LP. Looking at my reg date I realize I've been waiting almost six years to see the end of this game. God. drat.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 17, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Serifina posted:

I'm gonna vote for Justin, Frank, and Ratchet.

This is mostly because I feel like they're neater than the others.

I'll support this vote.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I was wondering: About how low a level could you beat this game at before the sheer gulf in stats made it infeasible if not impossible?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

While Medion doesn't get any respect from his family and peers, handsome enough to make widows forget their husbands is a hell of a consolation prize.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Shining Force 3 Disc 2: Oh my gosh, he is so handsome.

This has my vote, if we're doing that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I did not picture Shiraf as the kind of guy to have a huge mansion, or to be married.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Aren't we running off a fan translation here? So that probably accounts for it. The whole "repeat everything someone else says" is a very Japanese thing to do, while we English speakers find it cludgy and stupid, so if the fan translation didn't account for that...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I don't know anything about how that emulator works, but could it be a plug-in problem? I know in some other emulators like the N64 emulators you can run into weird glitches with certain graphic plugins.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

inthesto posted:

e: The emulator crash is tied to the difficulty level. :doh:

Ha! Insane truly is!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I know Syntesis is basically Masqurin reskinned, but do you mean to keep calling one the other?

Also you weren't kidding about this fighting being boring filler. By the time I reached the end of the update I'd already forgotten what you were fighting.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I think this time you called Rock Obright.

e: Really if you aren't already you really should just keep calling all of Medion's people by their Synbios equivalents to emphasize how much he just a redux of episode 1.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 22, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

You know, when you first said Waltz was a woman, I wasn't sure I believed you because the portrait is kind of androgynous, Waltz sounds like it could be a masculine name, and the character model didn't really sell her gender. But that full piece art kind of puts that to rest.

Also, is Rock supposed to be a dwarf? He kind of looks like a Sasquatch more than anything.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I understand that familial and political obligations override personal opinions and, given Domaric's tendency to not give a gently caress about the deaths of his children, Medion is basically volunteering for the chopping block if he actually refuses his father for reals, but seriously? The game is just rubbing it in our faces that it doesn't care what we think.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ooof. Glad to have you back. See you after Thanksgiving.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This...has been an underwhelming experience, yeah.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Really, after messing up Scenario 2 this badly, they make up for it in Scenario 3, right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

It's like they knew Medion had to turn up at the end in Scenario 1 and wrote Scenario 2 to get him there but had no idea how.

What meaningful decisions did we actually make in this scenario?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"You have to pick yes"
> no
"You have to pick yes"
> no
"You have to pick yes"
>no
"You have to pick yes"
> :sigh: yes
"You picked yes! Now you must feel bad!"

I have literally seen less railroading on Thomas the Tank Engine.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I'm really curious about the finality of those defeats.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Raitzeno posted:

Let's Play Shining Force 3 Scenario 3: Do We Actually Get To Make Decisions This Time?

I need to see more before I'm convinced the title shouldn't be "Shining Force 3 Scenario 3: No, Choices Still Don't Matter."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

<--- The gently caress is wrong with this guy?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ardeem posted:

For all the poo poo he does, Domeric is still only the second worst person in the game.

Also good to see this again! YAY UPDATES!

Uh, wow. Who takes first prize, then? I mean, I recall we established a lot of people in the Republic are also kind of lovely, but I can't remember any standouts. Or do you mean one of the vandals?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well that bodes well. There have been some obnoxious fights in this series already.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

What even was the point of that? "Oh, the Imperials are dicks." We loving knew that already.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm okay with it, really. I joined SA to comment on a video lp of the first scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

IUG posted:

Thank you for keeping on with this game through the long run!

Yes.

Shame we can't get Edmund without (as I recall) being a giant rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread