Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
inline conditionals and loops own if they fit on one line, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
terrible programmer here. what do you do when you feel completely out of your element on a project. and it makes you procrastinate way longer than you should. and when you do try to work on it, you don't really make any useful progress. and it's too late to ask for help because everyone would know you just pissed away all that time. so its a horrible combined feeling that you're inadequate and a fraud.

what do you do.

besides drink i mean.

asking for a friend.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I work at a small company and there's little to no structure, so I can go long periods without having to show any output. Mostly because I've proven myself as competent in the past and I am trusted, but everyone goes through rough patches and it's really easy to dick around when you aren't feeling motivated.

My boss is understanding and I will probably just fess up about it, nbd. Just makes you feel kinda lovely as a developer.

For those curious, I started the project with another developer many months ago but then got pulled off it to work on something else. Now that project is nearing completion and I am being brought back in to help finish it for launch, and it's a whole different beast now vs when I started. At least that's my excuse.

• Locked thread