Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

NOTinuyasha posted:

finally, a thread for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

doing a cs degree in uni atm and i think i've blasted past the point of not caring. should've swapped to something sane like reg IT when i had the chance but im $12k deep already (gently caress the aussie government and their bullshit immigration policies)

gently caress c++, its probably good they're teaching us it cause of core concepts but its so goddamn unfriendly

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

dumb c++ question: can i overload extraction/inserion operators for fstream as well as for regular iostreams?

e.g. can i have
code:
friend istream& operator>>(istream&, Class&);
friend ifstream& operator>>(ifstream&, Class&);
in a class? i figure since fstream inherits from iostream it would but im not really in a position to test it right now and i don't wanna waste my time if i cant

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

guys i really want to use a goto

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

its okay i didn't use a goto, crisis averted

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

um so i'm currently doing a computer security subject and part of one of my assignments is making a metamorphic c++ program. i'm kinda unsure how to code one, and there's not many examples that i can find cause y'know, viruses.

would i just start with a quine, and then add a bit of like, randomisation to the code written to the new file? there's a long example in c on stackoverflow but that uses opcodes and jesus :stare:

Miley Virus fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 26, 2013

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

least he didn't lug the laser printer over to her house i guess???

actually that seems even more shameful, nevermind

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

toyota production system

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

oh my god i just picked up python after spending the last 3 years in c++

i'm making things! that do stuff!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

is there any better python ocr library than pytesser? it's suiting my needs atm and is super simple but i may as well use something better if it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

yeah that'll be real easy. you can probably write a script to do it in the time it would take you to add them all to a list manually.

actually i dont know anything about the api but assuming it's like every other api it'll be easy. maybe they dont let you make playlists for some reason who knows.

i've found the youtube api to be loving awful in my experience but i've only tried uploading stuff, not other account things

• Locked thread