Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
I've a sneaking suspicion that there's only a very low number of people who are in any way decent at programming, but they've realized that there's no way for them to transmit that knowledge to the rest of us and so are content to let us keep running around like retards and making grand, overly generalized proclamations about programming on hacker news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
somebody tell me if i'm right in my understanding that MVC is actually just a loving state machine

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

uG posted:

visual C will never be updated past c89 so we can deduce that c99 is not real C

c99 loving owns, msvc can take a flying gently caress at a rolling doughnut

edit: check this poo poo:
code:
 struct point p = { .y = yvalue, .x = xvalue };

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

defaulting to nullable types is one of the very few things i dislike about java

We have a thing in our build system at work that actually does nullness checking and sometimes it's a pita because it's not that smart but jfc is it better than dealing with nulls everywhere. now if only the teams we integrate with would actually mark their poo poo @Nullable

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's not overloading in ruby

it's basically lvalue = rvalue unless lvalue

or assign rvalue to lvalue unless lvalue already has a non-falsey value

l += r ≡ l = l + r
l ||= r ≡ l = l || r

makes sense to me

• Locked thread