Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i get paid in peanuts, but i am also an elephant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what can i do with computer programs?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i haven't met a cult i didn't like

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its almost like college was made to gently caress with you

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

X(x, y);

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Space Whale posted:

Why did I post this?

So the messaging queue goes from "hey let's just back up and stop and need to be restarted" to "let's look like everything is fine with no pending messages... and fail silently as poo poo." Me and the other FNG keep going "wtf?" at this. Still don't know what's up. I still don't know what the messages are or what is actually going on yet, but I only today got everything set up to even get into code and get on the dev/QA/UAT/production servers.

IIS doesn't want to work on my windows 8 machine. I am the first dev using windows 8. The guys using windows 7 had to beat it into working. I now just went "ok gently caress it IIS Express I'll make sure I remember to not check in the web.config changes." Let's see if I do.

Our entire team and for that matter our office and equipment is new as poo poo, 5 months at the oldest, and still growing. We still don't have deployment or provisioning automated for setting up a new dev machine. OTOH I'm already helping other devs with stuff so I'm not useless :3:

What can I do besides bring up "hey X is a good idea" while things are still so new?

are you on drugs?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ posted:

are you on drugs?

take a bunch of drugs and bring it up at a meeting

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

why do you need a phd to teach? seems like a bit of overkill

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

sometimes i wonder if i am being trained to jump through a series of hoops and paying for the privilege

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

AWWNAW posted:

looking at job listings is really depressing because no matter what I'm looking at like a 50k pay cut at least

can you buy a degree?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pseudorandom name posted:

I just like bringing it up to remind people that C++ is a toy language for idiots

what is a working mans language for a working man?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

only a churl would use perl

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dbcooper posted:

Ok, I'll bite.

Why so much hate for Perl? Or, specifically, why is it a bad fit for CRIP EATIN BREAD's problem space?

Or should I chalk this up to tef's yospos.txt, a short play?

i just said it because it rhymed a bit

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Forgall posted:

I wasn't interviewing a guy with ten page resume, but my boss showed a thing like that to me once to ask for my opinion. It was more like a crazy person manifesto than a resume really.

these are my favorite

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Man I'd love to try some PHP but my last pvp binge ended in my house being infested with 8ft demons, Angela and a gang of armed police. Followed by a 5 hour lie on the floor, face down with my hands behind my head waiting for the arrest

Careful my peevee-virgin friend, the psychosis gets worse each time until you'll end up institutionalized, no two ways about it.

10g is a ridiculous session and dangerous to have about

E- man I miss that jizzy taste though. I'd smoke it all day if it didn't get you high.

Btw, the "official" mdpv replacement is one with a furan instead of the MD ring

Benzofurious? Benzopsychofury? Hmm

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's when you eyeball the changes you want to commit

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i think the world is hosed, the entire world

just live in a place where you have friends or the weather is good

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i dont have time for theatrics, I'm a computer

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

wee

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no matter how bad things get, at least i will always be better than the people who use opera to browse the web

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

just keep everything in one file, saves time and heartache

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

visual studios cool thing for cool guys

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

post the hard question, if you remember

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

shaggar has smashed through the problem like a terminator

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

sue them

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i dont like to think about sorting

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tech employees are reportedly getting laid

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

There's a burrito place here that uses black beans but they actually salt them so they taste p good

nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

On Sept. 14, 1999, Naughton flew from Seattle to Los Angeles on a private Disney jet.[12] expecting a five-foot, blonde haired girl to wait on the pier near the roller coaster, carrying a green backpack as instructed by Naughton.[3] Naughton had written to her about love and sex and that he "wanted to get [her] alone in his hotel room and have [her] strip naked for him".[3] Naughton had arranged this meeting, posing as "Hot Seattle", his online predator handle[1] in an online chat room called "dad&daughtersex."[13] The "girl" was actually an FBI agent.[6]

Two days later, he was arrested by the FBI and was charged with traveling in interstate commerce with the intent to have sex with a minor, in violation of 18 U.S.C. §2423(b).[1][4][5] After a trial ended in a hung jury, Naughton struck a plea agreement where he took a reduced sentence and admitted that he traveled from Seattle to Los Angeles last September with a "dominant purpose" to engage in sexual acts with "KrisLA", an online chat buddy he believed was a 13-year-old girl.[2] He ended up serving no prison time, in exchange for working for the FBI for free for a year.[14][15]

Novel defense[edit]
His line of defense was that he claimed he was persuaded to participate online in a ritualized sexual role-playing exercise, dealing with a mature woman acting as a girl.[15] His then-novel defense, became known as the fantasy defense for pedophiles.[3]

• Locked thread