Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

guys i need to learn 2 python real quick help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

how do i make a webpage with it

with a form and ecommerce and a sweet flash intro

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

idgi should i be using a perl instead

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

prefect posted:

i unironically love perl and i don't care who knows :swoon:

ok so how do i ecommerce with it

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

every language that isn't c-style looks weird as gently caress

i got over it for objective-c because it's mostly c-style with a bunch of brackets, but i'm having a hard time with python and stuff

and then i tried to learn ruby on rails because i wanted to make a quick website and everything about it was weird as gently caress. i am a little depressed that i can't pick this stuff up easily anymore :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Knuc If U Buck posted:

How do I get a big tall av like this?

Be an adult babysitter.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Papes posted:

Looking at objective c's syntax and it looks pretty weird compared to java / c++. Is there a good book or website to learn objective c ,or would i be better off making little dumb programs on my own and use the official documentation?

its not bad at all once you get used to seeing brackets everywhere. I actually like it more than straight C or whatever because it's not really any harder to read and its pretty clear what each arg is unless its some custom method that was written by a dumb dumb.

if you just want like a super quick intro then http://rypress.com/tutorials/objective-c/index.html is pretty okay. stephen kochan's programming in objective c was mentioned and it's great. the big nerd ranch books are okay but i didn't really like them all that much. if you learn better by watching a teacher explain poo poo then go to itunes u and look up stanford's CS193P.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

back when i "did" C# like 7 or 8 years ago i remember VS was pretty good about prompting what each arg did what if your method was properly documented. i think VS was one of those things that microsoft got right. took me a long time to warm up to xcode. probably because it was poo poo until a few years ago. Or maybe still is poo poo, i dunno.

i mean they JUST now integrated the GUI builder into the actual Xcode app in the last major revision. after only what, 10+ years to think about it?

even longer i guess. how long was projectbuilder around on nextstep. nobody said "hey this is a really dumb idea, launching a second app just to drag some widgets around", huh?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

i don't really care if objc is verbose. I'd rather see a half sentence long method name with args interspersed than something like doAThing(a, e, i, o, u, y);

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Doc Block posted:

???

NSMutableArray *array = [NSMutableArray array];

or, if you aren't using ARC and want an owned object returned instead of an autoreleased one:

NSMutableArray *array = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];

and if you've got stuff to throw in there you can probably do arrayWithObjects too, so one line instead of 2+

• Locked thread