Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

someone posted itt a website where you write programs to buy and sell items on a virtual exchange and now I can't find it, can anyone remember what it is? tia

found it in browser history, it was called stockfighter and it's dead now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

what's the point of a nosql database if it's still going to be relational & depend on a schema?

because some people qq about how select thing from table where condition is haaaaaaard

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

yeah, the azure/vs integration is the only real bright spot

like every other ms product, the only way it works is if you're 100% in and completely buy in to their dumbass ways of doing things and have total vertical integration on the ms stack
this but never ever use tfs

e: ever

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

we use codesmith, you just define your domain in xml files and it generates all the domain objects, tables, and stores procs for crud operations

works4us

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chalks posted:

Depends what tools you're using I guess but I've had VS tell me that I can't swap back to master branch because I have uncomitted changes but the commit window shows there are no pending changes and won't let me commit. That's certainly a situation where just saying gently caress this and cloning the repo again is the quickest way to resolve the situation.

Whether that issue is due to me being bad at git or the tools being lovely is a matter for debate (I never want to rule out that I am just bad but seriously...)

git gud

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

using svn

*moves a single file to another directory*

all revision history is lost. 4000 tree conflicts appear. in the distance, sirens.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

push --force is the absolute worst thing about git imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this happens to me every single time because i forget to do it as create copy ->check in -> delete original -> check in or whatever it is that unfucks it

edit: or am i thinking of renaming a file?

yeah it's renaming a file that fucks everything up I just wanted to keep it close to that funy computer tweet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bloody posted:

svn is bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i just wish ssms would remember my unsaved tabs when i close and restart it

like i probably dont care about this query enough to commit it to a file system but i don't just want to throw it away

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

pascal was the fire language i ever learned. to this day i typo assignments as := if im not paying attention

i kind of like = for equality and := for assignment

hosed up but true

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just use c# interactive for your first few lessons and then progress to writing c# classes and use c# until you die

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MrMoo posted:

Dang, so close, programming in JS bad enough but working with inconsistent and just weird data sources is worse:

Mine on the left is supposed to launch Monday. Fixed the missing blue numbers this morning and webdev guy fixed a critical bug in the admin tool too. So get to watch on the floor Monday and hope everything actually works properly 🤞.

Works on my machine (tm):

the oms i work on has a long term plan to move to javascript and boy howdy am i gonna move on before that happens

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

git is a trashfire for idiots.
actually,

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MrMoo posted:

Everyday I go to the NYSE exchange and make stupid changes to JavaScript then wait 24 hours to see what other things broke. It is awesome. Now I find out some sneaky journalist has been snapping my work from precisely where I spend every morning.

http://www.businessinsider.com/phot...ving-smoothly-6

in it voted 5

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MrMoo posted:

Go Chome! Or just steel the top secret WiFi password for a heavily blocked network.

im the wifi password

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

turns out c# is good, who knew

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you make some points but god drat extension methods are actually real good you fucker

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the worst thing about extension methods is ppl put the code for them in dumb places

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Linii.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SSMS is so much better than other tools for developing sql that it makes mssql the best db by default

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rt4 posted:

jetbrains ides are really good for sql
wrong, they're expensive and unfinished

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ynohtna posted:

I used to work with a guy who always (and insistently) pronounced C++ as simply "c plus."

The devil couldn't have conceived of a better way to inflame everyone's autism than to leave such a commonly ingrained phrase sequence incomplete.
god drat im gonna start doing this haha

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jsospos

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the last two posts sure went well together

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

unlocking ghost post, thanks zdr

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it was worth the wait anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I feel like male shoegaze is now wholly unqualified to be the terrible programmers OP

• Locked thread