Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANMAN
May 24, 2007
ehhh...meh
In some states there are certain thresholds that can be triggered when you remodel a house. My state passed a law that mandates the installation modern insulation with windows, walls, and the like if you were to change them in any way...all at code. So you can't throw a piece of insulation into the wall if it's not the right R value...even if there was no insulation there to begin with.

I manage 2 run-down rental houses and in one I have fantastic tenants and in the other house has been a mess. The primary occupant, Bernard, invited his wife's parents to move in. They happened to be a special type of inbred malevolent trash that were beyond horrible. So Bernie and I soon realized we had to get them out after the thefts, trash burning, the father pissing all over the floor, etc. I consulted a lawyer and advised us that we just evict all of them and let the Bernie and his wife stay with a new contract. Wisely, we let Bernie drop the news and what followed was 10 police cars, a swat team, and shots of my lovely run-down house all over the nightly news. The father-in-law Roger took his pistol and emptied a clip at Bernie. Lucky for Bernie, Roger was a 400lb diabetic with a trach tube and bad aim. Flash forward to last week, Bernie asked if I wanted to speak at the sentencing coming up. I declined. Roger had been convicted of 10 felonies, but only after a spectacularly retarded defense on the stand.

Anyways, my brother-in-law's father was a slum lord with a collection of a dozen or so properties in lovely New England neighborhoods. Once the tenants would leave, he'd automatically keep the deposit, and try to fix it up for the next lovely tenant...IF the place didn't randomly burn down first...if you know what I mean. I really don't know how he got away with it so many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU