Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Something Offal posted:

Landlords discriminating applications based on Section 8 status or criminal records is legal in some states and I don't think you should get to decide what is or is not 'acceptable discussion' on this here gay comedy forum.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow I literally edited that a second after I posted it you must just be F5ing over there.

The point was that if you locked the thread due to it being a pain in the rear end to moderate but then unlocked it without changing anything about why it was a pain in the rear end... then it is just going to be another pain in the rear end (as shown already given that you have to hand out numerous probations) and you've solved nothing for yourself.

The position of "it is legal so it is fine to talk about" is kind of silly anyway considering the rest of the subforums operate on "don't be a dick" just fine. Saying that people are free to discuss how to discriminate against the poor just because hey it isn't illegal is some lol poo poo and you can't be surprised if the response isn't good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: I didn't mean to post in here.
ee: but I agree that it doesn't matter how nice an individual is within a fundamentally unethical system.