Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

TheLizard posted:

Whelp, the renters already broke the washer and dryer (on the same day, no less!) and haven't paid October's rent yet. Winning!

I have been following this thread for a while, so not completely out of the blue response.
What did you enter in the contract about these appliances? I have a similar situation where I rent out my apartment until the market for selling it moves up, but I explicitly said that the appliances present in the house are there on a as-is base, the tenant is granted free use while they function properly and I am not responsible for repairing or replacing them when they break down and the tenant is free to swap them for nicer things if they want. Exactly this last thing happened as he replaced the microwave and dishwasher with a better model and asked me to remove the old ones. These I then parked on the curb with a "FREE" sign on them, can't be bothered with that poo poo. In fact, put them on the curb, went back inside to change into running gear (I live in the same building) and when I came back outside, the microwave was already gone, the dishwasher was gone when I came back from my run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Tony Montana posted:

That's really cool and blows me away a bit.

Just for story, I'm in Bardonnecia, Italy at the moment on holiday. It's a small town in the Alps, I've rented an apartment here for 6 weeks. I've got another one in Sestriere which is close and I'll be renting that for around 4 months. In this current one, there is no washer and no dryer. There is nothing in the whole drat town, except for a single little washing room business run by a sweet old lady. This sweet old lady who smiles nicely and seems so lovely just charged me 22 loving Euro to do a load of wash.

That's 30 bucks, American. Yeah she washed it and dried it and folded it, but gently caress me backwards you cheeky little... I have no other option here, I'm looking at it now but it's probably cheaper to take my washing down to the train, get on the train and go to the next bigger town, do the washing in a coin-op laundry and ride the train back. If it works out even a little cheaper I'm loving doing it because screw you, you rip-off washer-woman.

Labor in Europe is expensive and coin ops are unusual as just about everyone has the machines themselves. The woman ripped you off also has to do with your inability to ask for a price before you had her do your laundry.