Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Saveron_01 posted:

Since the rent covers heat/hot water, another thing that she started was charging a $50 fee whenever they had the heat on and windows open. There was a couple that had the temperature in their apartment set to 90° with all their windows open, she later installed all new thermostats in each apartment that the max setting was 70°.
So how much luck did she have renting it out to tenants worth having once she did this? I sure as gently caress wouldn't rent an apartment with a thermostat capped that low; 75, maybe(although I'd still have to wonder what the rest of the place is like if they pull poo poo like that), but 70, no way. Some people get cold easily, especially in the winter, and would like a little wiggle room above standard room temperature. This is assuming that the thermostats are accurate in the first place, mind you(and I would not trust a landlord cheap enough to install limited thermostats to make sure they were also accurate thermostats).

I guess this serves as a lesson that what might make sense for the landlord's wallet might also scare away good tenants, especially if it's an overreaction to what only a few tenants are doing.

(Or maybe I just don't understand the world of bad tenants, since I pay my rent on time and only bug my landlord if something breaks.)

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU