Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012

Peven Stan posted:

You know renting to undergrads is bad when i took out all the trash and swept and wiped my unit down during moveout and the maintenance guy loving hugged me because nobody in my building had ever done that for him.

I can see that. In our renting days, we always got our security deposit back and people acted like we had some sort of magic, but nine-tenths of it is cleaning a place well. Honestly, it's so easy to clean a bare apartment, I don't understand why more people don't do it.

That said, the remaining one-tenth is, I'm sorry to say, being willing to go to court. There's a certain number of small time landlords who are sleazy and treat the security deposit as easy pickings. If you don't want to be that person, know your obligations and keep on a professional footing with your tenants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU