Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

timpanihilistic posted:

affordable rates and easy-to-read and easy-to-understand reports that just make a ton of sense. If you're a private landlord or work for a property management company, send me a PM so we can talk about putting a tenant who doesn't suck in your rental property. We work with property management firms with 10,000 units, private landlords with one unit, and everyone in between.

Do you require an inspection of the landlord's office or home office before reports can be ordered? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

timpanihilistic posted:

If you want to see the trade lines of a credit report, then we would need to schedule a site inspection. We hire a third party company to basically just check that you keep your files locked up. It's a requirement by Transunion. But if you don't want a site inspection you can still order reports, and you'll still get the credit score, full criminal background search including all counties of all 50 states, all sex offender lists and the national terrorist list, and an eviction record. We can also do employment and resident verifications.

Great- thanks. I'm sure it varies but what's the general fee for a site inspection?

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

timpanihilistic posted:

It's a flat fee actually, and it's $60.00. There are a instances in which we can waive the fee, but they're very specific.

Got it- thanks.

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

TouchyMcFeely posted:

So it turns out I have a drug problem with the house across the street that is causing my current tenants an undeserved level of stress. Thin not only dealing but 4 shootings in the last year as well.

I'll be talking to the local police department to see about getting one of those mobile camera units setup on the street but I'm also thinking security system with outside cameras.

Anybody been in this type if situation and able to resolve it or have any thoughts/experience with security systems/providers?

In my experience cameras can be useful as a deterrent and can make tenants feel more secure, but they aren't that helpful in dealing with a drug problem in the neighborhood. First off, I don't think you're allowed to point a camera at say a neighbor's front door, at least not "officially." Second, even if they're openly dealing, it's hard to prove it's drugs with video.

If there have been 4 shootings in the last year, the area should already be on the police's radar. It sounds like you're in a pretty big city, so maybe there's a community police liaison that you and your tenants could contact? Here in Oakland CA, there are monthly meetings where residents can talk directly to the liaison and officers. There may also be a dedicated drug enforcement detail within the department that can be contacted.

It might also be helpful for the tenants and other neighbors to contact their city councilperson's office. This is where the power of numbers really comes into play. If enough people demand action, I'd be surprised if nothing is done. Squeaky wheel and all that. Email is better than calling as it provides documentation, and one thing elected officials are cognizant of is covering their asses lest something bad happen after they've been made aware of an issue and didn't do anything about it.

Your tenants should also be encouraged to join a neighborhood watch group if one exists or to create one. There are also websites like nextdoor.com that facilitate communication among neighbors.

The trick of course is getting people to actually get involved. Sometimes people are too scared, but more often they're too lazy and/or uninterested in my experience.