Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Something Offal posted:

I'm a supporter of housing assistance in general, but Wiggly Wayne DDS you seem a bit insufferable. Landlords discriminating applications based on Section 8 status or criminal records is legal in some states and I don't think you should get to decide what is or is not 'acceptable discussion' on this here gay comedy forum. Sure if it's illegal I agree it should not be allowed in the thread, and there shouldn't be content that denigrates or attacks anybody, but other than that I don't see a need to censor people's opinions.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hey mod, does it bother you that the only person speaking in defense of the way you're running the thread has multiple perma-bans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ScooterMcTiny posted:

This is always a fascinating thread for me to follow as neither a home owner or landlord.

Read this article today - for me this is the far more terrifying prospect for our future than a guy who wants to own a few rental properties.

http://fortune.com/longform/single-family-home-ai-algorithms/

One company owns 16,000 single family homes.

The advantage to that is dissolving a corporate charter doesn't make people get up in arms about "murder". That said "We’re catering to a whole new class of Americans—the former buyers who are now either forced renters or renters by choice." is the kind of statement that should be guillotineable. Especially when the sentence prior was about how they're paying exactly as much as they would if they were buying the house.