Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Asking this question purely as a renter:

Under what conditions is a lease considered ended?

My room mate and I are in the process of trying to move into a townhouse that belongs to a friend. In order for us to do so, we have had to (on our own) put up an ad and find someone to take over our lease. Any potential applicants we have found have had needed to fork over 35 bucks for a background check/credit screening before being accepted.

We actually had one renter meet the requirements, which is a huge relief to us. However now the property management company is pressuring for a move out date so that they can get the unit occupied asap. The problem is that we are still working on a lease/rental for the place we want to move in to, and so far haven't signed anything that would let us so much as guess on a move out date.

I just want to be 100% sure that because WE HAVEN'T SIGNED ANYTHING, be it terminating our current lease, or going into a new one with our friend, the PMC can't do ANYTHING to the current lease without our signatures. I would hate to end up sleeping on the curb because of some stupid misunderstanding regarding move in dates.

Our rent is paid for this month, too, so they can't claim we're behind on rent or any of that jazz.

Edit: I should specify that all of this is in California

Wicaeed fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU