Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Bloody Queef posted:

I agree with you on the fair housing front.
Except she basically has no monthly income. Her job pays 8 or 9 bucks an hour and I would never qualify her if that was her only source of income. But I may need to reconsider.

DNova,
I wouldn't really care if she told me to go gently caress myself. Place was listed on Weds and she looked at it yesterday. Already have a ton of showings for over the weekend.

Then why even consider the can of worms when you have other presumably more financially stable potentials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Bloody Queef posted:

I do a $2-300 pet deposit (depending on what my flooring surfaces are) and do $50/month additional pet rent. I think this is pretty reasonable and not punitive.

If your tenant objects to this, show him in your lease where it shows pets are not allowed and that if the tenant obtains a pet without express permission, eviction proceedings will start (I hope you had this in there).

Remember, you're not their friend, you're their landlord.

One month's rent pet deposit, no additional pet rent has been my policy so far. Officially, no pets are allowed.

Zero VGS posted:

Not in writing but then he didn't have any pets in the first place and I did my usual verbal spiel about no smoking/pets because I always do.

This is worthless. Everything in writing. Come on.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Now take some time to modify your lease and/or get some addendums legal in your area so that you don't have to give a verbal spiel that will never hold up in court.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I have a very stupid question for a situation I've never thought of before: If you are renting to a family with adult children living with them, do the children sign the lease too? Further complicating matters is that in this particular case, the 18 year old child would only live there part time. My instinct is that he should not have to sign the lease.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

vulturesrow posted:

Also, I am selling person to person, no agents involved. What is the best way to ensure I dont screw up the paperwork or any other part of the process?

Hire a real estate closing attorney to handle it. Should be like $300-500 for a professional to represent your legal interests in the sale.