Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Love the new thread - thanks for keeping me in the OP :) I still follow along with the thread quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Have you tried mentally noting it kindly? I find that having a little smile on your face and saying it mentally with a kind tone helps keep away the forcefulness.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I like to sit. I've had a lot of good sitting at vipassana camps.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I just kept visiting various traditions until I didn't feel weirded out and felt like I fit in with the community.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Also be a healthy skeptic - I had a group I really liked and found incredibly informative and good, but then the longer I spent with them the more it changed and suddenly everyone in the sangha had to go to 400+ dollar private sessions with some yogi I had never heard of, I was quick to leave but they tried a lot of different pressure tactics to get me back. I had been there for years and had lots of friends in that group.