Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I asked this in the last thread but it got kinda skipped over, but are the online rooms region locked in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I believe online is Global on XBL, and regioned on PSN. Not 100% sure, though.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is that the costume Superman wore in that Kandor arc some years ago?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Great games last night man, you really know your poo poo. Thank you for only playing Superman for a few matches.

And I'm totally down for training mode next time we play (but unfortunately I don't have a mic, and am bad at computers so I don't know what irc is).

For those of you who bought the guide, is it worth the $25?

Next time we play I can tell you an easy way to get on IRC using a web-based client so we can direct message each other. Also, I have the guide, and I'd say pass on it. You'll get better info just going to the TestYourMight forums and browsing threads in the character subforum of your choice.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Baron Bifford posted:

Is that the costume Superman wore in that Kandor arc some years ago?

Yea it is.

Godfall

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

GG's to all in the room tonight.

-McHardSteel: you really leveled your Lex up from last I saw it, good stuff.

Just gotta keep at it and you'll be there sooner rather than later. Anytime we are both online just hit me up and Ill be glad to take you to online training mode give you some tips.

Yeah man, ggs.

My main problem with Superman is that he isn't on the ground very often in a range that I feel is good for Lex. Also, blocking correctly, but that's more a universal thing.

We should do a tournament....as soon as I figure out how to beat Superman a lot.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

McCloud posted:

I asked this in the last thread but it got kinda skipped over, but are the online rooms region locked in this game?

The PS3 version of the game is split into 3 regions (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J). So if you're in Europe you can't play with people from the US but you can play with Australians.

360 version has none of that.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Is there a particular IRC channel the Injustice people are using?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is there anything more amusing than the person whining about how you "spammed" and you're in a mirror match? I don't think so.

checkstock posted:

Is there a particular IRC channel the Injustice people are using?

I think the FG channel is goonsgarden.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 10, 2013

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
I dunno if has been done or not, but can anyone give me some general tips on playing Harley? She is my favorite to play but I can't seem to get the hang of her in goon fights, despite being told she can rip it up.

Videotendo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 10, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I nearly forgot about this. Injustice was a top 10 seller on the Playstation Store in the month of April in both NA and EU. Plus the season pass was a top 10 seller in DLC in NA for April. I could see them staying high up in sales through the summer as DLC is announced and released.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Copied from TYM:

quote:

The Injustice: Gods Among Us website recently updated with the Patch 1 release notes from the game-play improvements that were released along with with the Injustice DLC character, Lobo this past Tuesday. Below are the Codes fixes and Balance tweaks for Injustice: Gods Among Us as we play it today. *note: next patch will lkely come when Batgirl is released, which will be soon.*

Code fixes

- Added Lobo Gameplay Functionality.
- Strengthened the stability of online connections between different connections, resulting in less de-synchronizations.
- Added the ability to initiate a transition attack when the defender is at an elevated position.
- Removed the ability for two gadget characters to both place bombs at the same time on some Interactive Objects.

Balance tweaks

- Increased overall combo damage scaling after a knockdown from Interactive Objects.
- Increased overall combo damage scaling on planted sticky bombs (Down + Interact button) pop-up combos.
- You can no longer initiate a clash on Killer Frost’s Ice Spike outside of a combo.
- The hitsphere on Doomsday’s jumping splash was adjusted to be slightly smaller and more in line with the original intention.
- Players land slightly further apart after Arkham/Joker Asylum and Insurgency transitions to make it easier to avoid the ability to use an Interactive Object immediately after landing.

Website link is down so taken from neogaf.

http://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-gods-among-us-patch-1-release-notes

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57359334&postcount=8427

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Videotendo posted:

I dunno if has been done or not, but can anyone give me some general tips on playing Harley? She is my favorite to play but I can't seem to get the hang of her in goon fights, despite being told she can rip it up.

I actually want to do effortposts for the characters I play (Black Adam, Harley, Doomsday, Wonder Woman) eventually.

She's most dangerous right at the range where her f2 overhead connects, because you can mix up between f2 x Tantrum Stance, b2,2 x Tantrum Stance, and her command grab (Play Doctor). Be careful not to overcommit to any Tantrum Stance followups unless you see it hit because they're all really unsafe except for the rolls.

Midscreen your options are grounded gunshots (good but whiff on crouchers), cupcake bomb (long startup but it's an overhead for said crouchers), Tantrum Stance (high risk/high reward but it's kind of scrubby and will get you nailed if you do it too much), air gunshots (good in certain situations), ji2 (don't jump too much), or b3/f3 which are incredibly good on her (gigantic range, big damage followups, +3 and +2 on block respectively). Watch out with her f3 overhead because it's easy to jump straight over them and eat a punish if you space it poorly.

Full screen she's pretty awful and you need to get in. Her bf3 command run canceled into tantrum stance is extremely good against most characters' zoning tools but, again, you can get punished incredibly hard if you do it too much.

Her general B&B is whatever string (1,1 or 1,2 or f2 or b2,2) into Tantrum Stance -> the 1 followup, b3, ji2, ji2, 1,2 x command grab. Meter burned command grab is really, really strong there because it adds 8% unscaled damage at the end. Once you restand them at the end, if you're midscreen you basically go straight back to the midscreen neutral game (it puts them in perfect range for b3/f3 or Tantrum Stance). If you're in the corner you're right up in their face at +0 so the best option is probably d1 x whatever special (usually Tantrum Stance) until they start blocking, then mix them up with high/low/throw.

Her skeeziest gimmick is probably 3,3 x command grab. The only way they can escape that is to pushblock the 3,3 or to do an invincible or armored reversal before the grab.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I typed out a bunch of Harley stuff but got distracted, then saw rocket USA did it better anyway. Here's a few footnotes:

- If you land a 2u3, it goes straight into b3 j2 j2 12 XX Play Doctor.

- In the corner, any combo into db3~1 can finish with f13 f13 112 12 XX Play Doctor. Again, solid damage, with the only tough part being the timing on the f1s and the 112 string to keep them just high enough for all the hits to connect.

- db2 is slow slow startup but it's a mid projectile, and if you MB it Harley recovers almost instantly after it fires, meaning you can follow the bullet in to try and start pressure. To be honest I haven't messed with that idea too much yet, but it's there I guess.

- In the corner, f1 XX db2~MB combos on everyone and 3 XX db2~MB combos on some characters. After either, you can either continue doing f1 XX db2~MB or go into b22 XX db3~1 into the corner BnB. This is fairly gimmicky because f1 is a high but hey, it's there.

- If you use Harley's super at the end of her BnB instead of Play Doctor, you can time 3 XX Play Doctor after they cross over your head for a bit more damage and forced standing. I don't know what her combo is off naked super because I never do it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I know Tantrum Cartwheel combos into b3 if you mash it out.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I nearly forgot about this. Injustice was a top 10 seller on the Playstation Store in the month of April in both NA and EU. Plus the season pass was a top 10 seller in DLC in NA for April. I could see them staying high up in sales through the summer as DLC is announced and released.

I didn't know it was available for digital download on day one. Wish I hadn't bought the disc.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I find Harley a lot of fun, so it's awesome to see another player. :)

-db2 fully charged is unblockable. It does misfire sometimes, though.

-If db1 is coming up short, try f23. The angle is a bit more forward and could give you that extra bit of range.

-f22 isn't full screen, but will hit crouching opponents.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

-db2 fully charged is unblockable. It does misfire sometimes, though.

That misfire is the craziest whiff animation I've ever seen, too. She stands there for like five seconds.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Watch out using that if you're playing agianst Raven. The bullet moves so slow that It's really easy for Raven to warp it back at you.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Can you play pong with Raven?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Good question. I guess as long as you both had meter to burn!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Why the hell are you not jumping into practice mode and testing this right away? :colbert:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

AndyElusive posted:

Why the hell are you not jumping into practice mode and testing this right away? :colbert:

The timing's kind of hard but it looks like the reflected projectile goes through the warp during the active frames. Might be the only projectile that is unaffected by it.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm almost certain I'm hitting her mid-warp and it's not working.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 11, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Soonmot posted:

The meter burn version of Raven's projectile absorb is an unblockable projectile so I doubt it would work.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Any PSN goons wanna 1v1?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

Any PSN goons wanna 1v1?

If you're on late (like 3 hours from now) I'll probably be interested then.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

WarEternal posted:

The meter burn version of Raven's projectile absorb is an unblockable projectile so I doubt it would work.

If it's anything like Nightwolf and Kenshi from MK9, type of projectile is not important. I hope so because MK-Pong was fun and I'm sure iPong will be just as good.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Any PSN goons wanna 1v1?

Is Bane's charge unjumpable?

ed: being aware of everything I'm doing wrong and actually being able to execute on that knowledge are two very different things, haha.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 11, 2013

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

WarEternal posted:

Is Bane's charge unjumpable?

No, you just have to time it right.

Best case scenario is to jump backwards to allow for an easy punish.

I'm also available for some games. Psn: Praetor51

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

I was posting on my lunch break at work :(

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I can play for the next hour or so if anyone is on.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I can play for the next hour or so if anyone is on.

I can play in an hour. :suicide:

Also, I was thinking I drop poo poo online so often because I get over excited or whatever, I'm starting to think lag may have something to do with it. Because when I gently caress up a combo 4 times in a row online then go into practice and nail it over and over I think it may be more than just nerves.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Thanks for the games Demmonaz.

Playing my Flash against a Raven was real good experience. That one drat chain was such an issue. I hated to keep pushblocking so I was trying other things and backdash seems to be the only thing that worked. But then you started baiting it :negative:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Well poo. I get tired of these ranked matches because its really easy to lose a round to random stuff.

Does anyone know exactly how fast throws are in this game?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Well poo. I get tired of these ranked matches because its really easy to lose a round to random stuff.

I dunno, but they don't seem to beat anything out other than pure turtleing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Throws are 10 frame start up.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I am almost positive normal throws are faster than command throws are, although that could just be me not recognizing the timing.

Don't they have frame data for throws in the move list? I thought they were between light and medium standing attacks for most characters.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
A friend told me all normal throws are 11 frames startup. Sounds right to me.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Bosushi! posted:

Thanks for the games Demmonaz.

Playing my Flash against a Raven was real good experience. That one drat chain was such an issue. I hated to keep pushblocking so I was trying other things and backdash seems to be the only thing that worked. But then you started baiting it :negative:

Hahaha, yeah. I like playing lots of games because of stuff like that. I'm trying to pay attention to meter, how I use it and how to maintain clash advantage, ie: keeping some meter and making the other guy waste his. I have a lot to learn, I barely ever jump and need to work on crossups, spacing on my specials, better use of fireball, etc. I also need to learn2demon stance. 223 is basically the only string of Raven's where I know WTF to do with it. You really helped me work on implementing throws a bit more than I had been doing previously.

My favorite stage as Raven by far is Halls of Justice, the few matches we played there I think you can see why.

I liked playing your Green Lantern, I'm not familiar with how to play Raven against him at all really. I know I need to stay close-ish and avoid all the missles, but that delayed meter burn one is so annoying. Raven has the projectile absorb but it's really hard to do on reaction to the faster projectiles, especially online.

ed: If you were able to find a more consistent way in with Flash and work his 50/50s you would also find out I am incredibly bad at blocking.

ed2: Also, another tip, I think if Flash has any partially invincible wakeup options that would also beat the crap out of anything I was doing to you on wakeup. I'm clueless as how to punish anything right now as Raven either, so while some people would bait them out I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Jmcrofts posted:

A friend told me all normal throws are 11 frames startup. Sounds right to me.

Yeah, this sounds right.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I can play in an hour. :suicide:

Also, I was thinking I drop poo poo online so often because I get over excited or whatever, I'm starting to think lag may have something to do with it. Because when I gently caress up a combo 4 times in a row online then go into practice and nail it over and over I think it may be more than just nerves.

I know that feeling and more than likely it is the lag that's screwing you over because as much as NRS improved the netcode for this game over MK9, even the slightest bit of lag will make doing a combo involving any sort of timing drat near impossible. I can do the full 8 loops of Killer Frost's Can-Can ever single time offline but I'm lucky if I can get more than 3 loops even with a good connection.

• Locked thread