Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Any Xbox360 Goons down for a room of Injostice: Goons Amung Us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

I'm down for Sinestro: Sinestro among us.

Edit: Created us a room on the Xbox. "GoonRoom" is where I will be idling for a while. Come fight me!

Ok I'll be in there in about 30. That thing you always do between matches, Unbound? I'm doing that first.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yeah let's all do thing and meet up in 30, ready...break!

See you guys behind the shed. Bring the kryptonite. I have a plan.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Good question. I guess as long as you both had meter to burn!

Why the hell are you not jumping into practice mode and testing this right away? :colbert:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5. Grain of salt but wow.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looking for some 1v1 at the moment on XBL if anyone is down.

GT ErrantElement

Edit: I'm getting ranked matches against Deathstrokes who don't zone, Supermans who don't punish and Aquamen who rage quit. Ranked mode is so random sometimes.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good games strangemobius! Thanks a lot for the 1v1 sesh! I don't get to fight against very many Black Adams, if ever.

It's crazy having to block low from full screen.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alteisen posted:

That's just how NRS designs women.

Have you seen Killer Frost? She looks as normal as a woman with ice powers can look.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Played an hour of ranked and only got 1 rage quit with hate mail! That's the least amount so far.

Turns out I'm 0-3 versus random ranked Black Adams today too. Looks like I'm getting yesterday's wish to fight more of him. That full screen dive kick of his can suck a MB Fear Blast though. Seriously such an annoying move.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like how Tom Brady gets a lot of flak for being, well, Tom Brady.

The moment his Tier list comes out though? Everyone pays attention.

Edit: LOL @ Hawkgirl being higher tier than Ares, Joker, Shazam, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, Bane and Lobo

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'm phone posting or I'd go into detail but basicall doomsday moves very fast, has a special that is very hard to block that gives knockdown, and has specials and strings that leave him at + frames so you can push buttons when he gets in.

I'm sure Fingers means "can't push buttons when he gets in".

Also it could be said about most characters, but good Doomsdays are difficult to beat. Especially when they start rushing your poo poo down.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Truth be told I was mostly laughing about Hawkgirl being higher than Harley and Luthor while also chuckling at how low Lobo is. The character just came out a few days ago and has barely had any time to be fully explored!

Anyways, I haven't played in any Injustice tournaments nor do I play against them online since the majority of people I fight are Ranked Mode or Goons, so like SN64 said this list means jack poo poo to me.

But for those wondering I would have included Harley and Luthor alongside Hawkgirl in A Tier. Not sure if I would put Bane lower than Joker either but I would mostly base my opinion on what dudes like SN64 and Jmcrofts say about him.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

The only things that should be patched right now are dumb stuff like Cyborg's block infinite and Ares unblockable setup.

Why would they even think about patching out Ares unblockable setup? In a game rife with bullshit let the God of War have his.

Besides I read that if anything you'll have the option to tech after the b23 making Ares guess on what mb smack he needs to bust out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sorry I had to jet, strangemobius. Let's play more next time you see me dicking around in practice mode.

I can tell already that your Black Adam has improved quite a lot.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This game makes people so upset that when I actually give props to someone for almost kicking my rear end and pulling off some sick corner combos with Arrow I literally get flamed back.

Maybe it's just Sinestro and how easy people think he is to play that does it to folks.

It's not my fault I push blocked you during your sick mix up. Pressed the jet take off and then smashed a robot into your face. Stage transition me next time you big baby. Sheesh!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Interstellar Owl posted:

Thanks for all the tips guys, appreciate it. I'm gonna try out some Nightwing and Doomsday, any tips for either? Especially doomsday? I have no idea what kind of character he is.

Dooms is straight up rush down of the meanest variety. Safe as hell specials that let you keep the pressure on and give no fucks about damage when you burn meter on them to close the distance.

Earthshake is such a gently caress you move and makes people question why they bought this game because it hits overhead and then low and of course leaves Doomsday totally safe if you manage to block him. MB Venom is the proverbial middle finger to anybody who thinks they can zone you and Supernova will net you more noob bait online than you can shake a stick at.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 14, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I had the opposite reaction. Played a few matches with some kid that found his way into the goon room. I gave him a few tips and we had a few matches. Just some good fun, no hard feelings.

This was Ranked Mode. I guess it draws a different kind of beast.

This dude was something like 4 levels higher than me, not that levels mean jack poo poo in this game, but he clearly knew his stuff when it came to Arrow. He squeezed me into the left corner of high Watchtower, caught me with a f2d13 into low ice arrow and then instead of transitioning me, he corner combos my rear end like he's Desk and drops it. He went for another f2d13 right after which I pushblock and win thanks to the jet and a lucky robot who came over head just as he was burning and a fear blast.

He should have won, so I sent him some ggs and compliment his skill and tell him if he should have sent me through the console into lower Watchtower.

Next thing I know I'm spending 15 minutes getting railed over XBL for it. :rant:

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 14, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Was that the dude that flipped his poo poo about you picking Sinestro?

Nope, that was another goon who made someone go Sinsane.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dosvidanya posted:

EQ by itself really isn't that impressive, EQ with the threat of meter behind it in the corner is though. 22 df2 or 22 df2mb basically means they guess which you're going to do and risk eating full combo if they guess wrong with regards to the meter burn version.

It's also safe iirc.

Yup, both normal and MB are safe.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

People get very upset when you call them out on quitting because you kicked their rear end.

Also, can you use qcb to cancel any of Sinestro's projectiles?

Nope no cancels for Sinestros normal or burned fear blast or impact event. :saddowns:

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Ugh, pretty disappointed in the 'high level' players non embrace of this game. Art uses Sinestros b13 b13 instead of b13 b3.
WolfKrone doesn't even seem to know that boulders are blocked high.

Art doesn't really main Sinestro as far as I know and sometimes even though folks know they can block impact event with a standing block people will duck to avoid the fear blasts and then just eat a boulder instead. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't embrace Injustice.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

I've watched Art's stream on a few occasions and I don't think I've ever seen him play anyone else.

D'oh. I thought he mained Green Lantern? Well then, Art needs to learn some poo poo from Pig of the Hut!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Art plays Green Lantern mainly, with Sinestro and Aquaman on the side. He probably doesn't do b13 b3 because he doesn't want to drop it online. I'm sure he's aware it combos.

I've usually whiffed the b3 when it matters. I only started to work on getting better with the b3 timing after b12 yesterday but I know online is why I wont do b3 without getting b1xxShackles or j2,22xxShackles first.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Soonmot posted:

I *think* I was having trouble connecting with the b3s.

What do you guys do when your opponent figures out that he can totally negate you by down blocking?

BTW: Any 360 goons going to be on in about an hour?

Overheads and jump-ins.

And I'll be on in about that time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

That's cool but I'm mostly glad this means the next patch is out in a week.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah while I don't have any concrete info to confirm this, I am fairly sure this is the patch where we will see some actual balance tweaks.

Me neither since tweets don't really constitute as concrete, but then again even if this is from Boon we're getting pretty excited about a tweet on a new DLC next week. While I think the tweet about the patch came from someone on the NRS team (I don't recall who though).

Krad posted:

On the one hand, I don't want to buy a season pass with two unannounced characters. On the other hand, discounted Batgirl. Decisions. :ohdear:

Look at it this way. Are you going to still be playing Injustice for at least two more months? Will you hate reading everyone talk about DLC characters for a few days to a week after release? Will you grimace knowing your character select is missing a few slots?

If so, then there's no reason to not foot the MP for the season pass. Even of it means you'll be dicking around with Scorpion soon.

Edit. Sorry. Posting from my iPhone.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 15, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

Really? The tubes are a deathtrap! I have very rarely seen them get used where the person using them wasn't immediately punished for it. And Atlantis is really bad for gadget characters, the globe/plaque and the aquariums on the side both favor power characters really heavily. As a gadget you should be voting for Gotham City's Alley or Watchtower, to take advantage of the transitions/interactables.

Flash is acrobat not gadget.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

The only difference between gadget characters is if they can plant bombs or not so who cares? They still interact with everything the same otherwise.

Uh because not only do they not interact with objects exactly the same as gadgets they also have different attacks and attack ranges when it comes to certain ones. Specifically on Atlantis, the stage being discussed?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Apparently no one here has tried to blow up the flying car in lower Metropolis hoping to catch somebody coming in only to find themselves doing a steep angle jump kick and whiffing it instead.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

I just beat the second ranked guy on PSN NA. Guess that technically makes -me- the second ranked player on PSN NA, right?

Offer him advice on how to play better. Post a picture of the resulting explosion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

The only difference on Atlantis is if you can plant a bomb on the stone slab when you jump off it. For other cases, this is still whether or not you can place a bomb. I've never accidentally done the wrong thing because I don't like any of the non-bomb planting gadget characters anyhow. :shobon:

My mistake. Turns out we're both wrong. I thought acrobats leapt off the stone slab and snow globe with jump kicks but I see now how they just use it for spacing. Same deal with gadget characters. Neither classes blow up anything there and both go for the valve instead of punching the glass.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

Hold down when interacting with the stone slab and probably the globe too with bomb equipped characters. Most of them hold red dynamite that you can see them holding during their jump animation, though Nightwing and probably others have different colored bombs. If you don't hold down you won't plant a bomb and blow up the jumpable object. I know for a fact that the slab can be bombed.

Oh snap. I wasn't holding down when pressing interact. You just taught me something today, sentrygun! :tipshat:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good games tonight Calamity! gently caress Atlantis. Ferris all day.

And don't ask me how I was able to tech all your throw attempts. I was just on it tonight, I guess.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

goddamnit, I should have sold when I had the chance

Some YOLO Wizard you turned out to be!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr Fixit posted:

So if you anticipate it, you should be able to punish? I was trying like hell with Grundy, must have been hitting the wrong buttons. He was using rear TP, and there seemed to be some weirdness in the way my character would turn around. Like it didn't auto correct or if it did there was a delay.

You can anticipate the teleport from Ares especially if you're zoning. Most random ranked mode Ares will not stand for that poo poo. Because of this you can bait them into doing it on your terms, and even if your character isn't facing the right way after his teleport you can still hold away from his direction to block his follow up. Just watch out for his close unblockable godsmacks or jump up or over head him if he habitually lows you after reappearing. If you expect his teleport you should always be able to punish his rear end.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not sure if I'm looking forward to Sinestros classic evil winter elf costume that I'm about 95% sure NRS will tap at some point.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did I miss all the XBL super fun?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If you go to the Leaderboards and sort by Friends or categories you can see how each mode has it's own Ranking system. This would be so hosed up and stupid if they were all merged.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Krad posted:

Why would it be stupid? It's simple: ranked games count toward ranks, player games don't. There, simple.

Well merging all the Leaderboard stats into one stat line would be stupid as poo poo since it includes KotH and Survivor stats as well as Player and Rank. The solution you're proposing wouldn't actually be bad, though.

Just goes to show that NRS makes some of the design decisions they make just to be slightly different from their peers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Complimented a rad ranked mode Joker I bumped into today who completely outzoned and set up my Sinestro in all sorts of crazy Joker ways..

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'd argue Black Adam's trait is also garbage. It's just an inferior version of Batman's.

The fact that Sinestro's trait is just a regular Lex Luthor move is also not very cool.

I'm going to assume you've seen the damage, combos and safe strings Sinestro can create with his trait. So what does it need to do to make it "cool" to you?

• Locked thread