Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Joker is really fun to play as I just wish his trait was useful.
Playing against goons is always humbling but the turn around when I play pubbies is pretty fantastic, you guys really are the best practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

You can crowbar after a heavy attack and meter burn it again to hit them when they're down.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

My game keeps locking up at the first loading screen, it just happened recently, any news if the patch is messing things up?
Either way I can exchange it if need be.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Going through and giving every character a shot for at least two days is a good way for me to see who of the cast I enjoy the most, plus it's always fun to random select and beat some scrub on ranked.
Here's a thing I found

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 25, 2013

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

I'll be on later to play some goon games, like nine hours or so.
I hope we get a kingdom come skin pack, there's concept art in game for what I guess is earth-2 supes at least.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

So is there a way to play as Sinestro that doesn't make me a "pussy spammer human being"(that wins)?
Not that I mind the hate and tears but I'm just wondering if there's some secret next level poo poo I'm not getting about the dude that drops meteors from a safe distance.
And Manhunter would be great, his power list is a mile long and would make for some cool-rear end fights.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Yeah setting up the two hit into the spider legs uppercut to put them back to the other side of the screen is the best because I'm sure they're frustrated about having to navigate the minefield all over again.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

GGs 360 goons, sorry about the lack of a microphone and screwing up the bane matchups.
I need to figure out some decent combos with Ares because I'm running out of shenanigans once I teleport behind someone.

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 31, 2013

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

I'll admit I was sad that during the phantom zone transition that you don't see a tiny screaming shao-kahn head float by, to tie it in with MK9vsDC.
Scorpion looks cool, I hope he's balanced well and doesn't come with day one infinites, I'm pulling for a season pass2 because I've been dissapointed over-all with what we got.
I wish there was a way to get rid of the life bars and stuff like in these demo videos.

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 3, 2013

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Scorpion is cool I guess it just feels like he doesn't have the right set of tools to be in this game if that makes any sense, granted this is all me fiddling and I am trash at this game.
I don't mind a MK character being in it I just wish it was someone other than scorpion.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Because they didn't want to animate two different sides every time you stance swapped if I'm not mistaken.
I've hit a wall with this game, I just can't do complicated combos at all, anything over three moves is impossible so I just do my best to spam and put myself in favorable positions.
I win sometimes and I feel like I have a good grasp of the game but it kinds sucks not being able to do cool looking combos.
Also I hope Zod is cool and they they extend the story mode with season 2.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

It might be as simple as tweaking your options. Do you have release check on, or off? For some characters it totally boners up your inputs and makes some moves entirely impossible to do, so it's best to switch it off for the most part.

You should also practice dialing in your stuff. This game is very unforgiving with buttons mashes so pressing 1122 bf2, for instance, is going to screw you over if you want 112 bf2 even if you pressed the 22 before the animation was at that point, if you get what I'm saying. Practice counting your button presses as you do them, you'll probably find you tap a few too many times here and there.

Are you using the Dpad, or the thumbstick? Ps3 or xbox? This is important!

As well, some characters have much more forgiving windows on their combos. I can pull off most of catwoman's poo poo, but none of a lot of other characters, and I think it's because she has very open windows on her stuff.

I play on 360 (puupetpalhoneyb) and I use a madcatz pad, I'll have to see about release check because it's the first I heard about it. I can get the 112bf2 stuff easily enough but it's afterwards when you have to juggle them in the air or catch them on a bounce where it falls apart.
Just have to get in more practice and see if anything clicks.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Zod looks pretty cool, hopefully we get a demo video soon so we can actually see how plays.
And Superman's zoo is filled with animals from planets that are destroyed or the last of their kind right? Either way a little irresponsible to keep a Starro around in a paperweight.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Instead of STAR labs we should have gotten a cool Ergheiz style beat-em up, I don't know why but I'm a sucker for those things.
Slowly honing my Ares game, I've found I have enough shenanigans to last me an entire match, so a long as I don't fight someone twice, I'm gold!

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Signed up for the next one, grinding out some combos and getting ready.
Is the next tourney the day of Zods release?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

He comes out Tuesday.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

I haven't been able to play for like a week, I'm going to be destroyed on tuesday.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

I'm tempted to back out of the tourney since my internet is pretty terrible on account of where I live, since I can't imagine it will be fair to my opponents.
If we're still at an even number by tomorrow I'll stay in so as not to mess with the brackets.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

I've been running train on people with Sinestro in ranked, but then the game matches me up with a level 90 and I get destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

Yo unbound I just picked it up for PC also my steam name is haiku83.
I'm pretty sure we're atill windows live friends.

• Locked thread