Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Jmcrofts posted:

Only characters with "man" in their name are allowed to be top tier in this game.

Wonderwoman, secret top tier char? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I was also thinking about maybe Flash but I've heard nothing about him and also for whatever weird reason I'm only interested in characters that are bad. So I'll bet he's not very good.

Flash is amazing and he's sort of my main. He's not easy to use and he's all about mixups once he gets in on people. Also, he has the best looking super in the game.

His weaknesses, however, include some zoners (Deathstroke and Supes, the rest are easy to punish), and... people who bunnyhop a lot. His d2 completely sucks, and his anti air move has almost no priority, anything can beat it.

Other than that, it's all about figuring the other player out and using mind games to beat them. :eng101:

Edit: and oh yeah, no interactables will ever hit you thanks to his db1. :D

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

PantsBandit posted:

Doomsday would beg to differ. Then he would beg to DESTROY YOU ALL.

My Flash can beat your Doomsday! :goonsay:

His worst matchup is definitely a good Deathstroke and a good GL. Hate them both so much. :mad:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Tutorial videos are way more useful than a written guide anyway.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Who's up for some PS3 goon Injustice tonight? :dance:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Sub Zero? Maybe... maybe it's cheaper for them to use MK characters since they wouldn't have to pay for licencing fees?

What a waste of two character slots. :eng99:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Gughghghg Deathstroke is annoying.

Good games all! See you next time.

E: Was that Sinestro a goon? I would hope not, considering that top level ragequit when Gasti stomped him.

Funny that I'd do so badly against everyone tonight except for the level 76 Sinestro. :downs:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

PSN goon room :getin:

Got DC'ed and have to go now. Curse that turtling Harley. :smith:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Pot calling the kettle black about turtling!

What are you talking about, I do random Lightning Charges all the time! That's how Flash is played, right? :downs:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Spuckuk posted:

Those sales are actually pretty damned high for a fighting game, almost certainly met or exceeded their targets there.

And yet, it still takes me five minutes on average to find a ranked match to play. :mad:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
That... looks awful.

I'm waiting for a Robin alt for Nightwing. The day that happens, I'll main him.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Holy Calamity! posted:

Flash. I played hundreds of matches before I even started working on cancel combos. Block, punish, repeat. Study your opponent's routine and once you get in on them mix it up with overhead attacks, lows, and grabs in quick succession. As you go against better opponents you'll be forced to learn which moves are safe or not, and start mixing in combos as you can.

Flash is one of the least newbie-friendly chars to use effectively, why would you suggest that? :psyduck:

Green Lantern is a good option, so's Doomsday.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Seymour Butts posted:

How many goons play this? We should at least attempt to get a big tournament together within the next couple of weeks.

Sign me up for a PS3 crew tourney. :eng101:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Holy spellchecker, Batman!

I ran into a really good Harley myself the other day, actually lost a match to her! (It was the same one that was stomping Gasti)

Seems the best way to defend against Harley is to block low, a lot of her damage comes from tantrum stance. Or stay in the air, her AA is pretty bad.

Oh god, yes. That b2 into tantrum stance will haunt me forver. :eng99:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

On the one hand, I don't want to buy a season pass with two unannounced characters. On the other hand, discounted Batgirl. Decisions. :ohdear:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AndyElusive posted:

Look at it this way. Are you going to still be playing Injustice for at least two more months? Will you hate reading everyone talk about DLC characters for a few days to a week after release? Will you grimace knowing your character select is missing a few slots?

If so, then there's no reason to not foot the MP for the season pass. Even of it means you'll be dicking around with Scorpion soon.

Edit. Sorry. Posting from my iPhone.

Yeah, I'll probably end up biting the bullet and hoping that Scorpion's name was just a placeholder kinda thing.

Can't wait to try out Babs, definitely want to main her. :)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

I just beat the second ranked guy on PSN NA. Guess that technically makes -me- the second ranked player on PSN NA, right?

It only counts if he was a Grundy player. :shepface:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Ack Krad/Gasti you gave me a good thrashing. I'm giving up on Raven, I just can't put up with her poo poo!

For everyone else: How do you have the patience to play characters with slow lead-ups? I'm trying desperately to shift away from Catwoman but I just get really frustrated when my attacks have crap priority and I get put in the corner and smashed to pieces that I just go crawling on back. I think I have battered wife syndrome.

Sounds like you should give Doomsday a try. Still a brawler, can push back like no one else.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Question, what's the point of ranked matches if my rank keeps going up and down with every player match I play? At least that's what I see whenever I'm in a room and can see my wins and losses.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Player match, ranked, survivor, and koth rankings are all separate.

That's stupid. I prefer Capcom's way of doing things in this regard. Whenever I fight someone, I have no idea if they're actually good players or not, not to mention that I have zero sense of progression by fighting in ranked if there are no tiers to speak of. :eng99:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I was thinking of marvel actually. I liked the different ranks and that it could say different things if you were overly defensive, offensive, etc.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AndyElusive posted:

If you go to the Leaderboards and sort by Friends or categories you can see how each mode has it's own Ranking system. This would be so hosed up and stupid if they were all merged.

Why would it be stupid? It's simple: ranked games count toward ranks, player games don't. There, simple.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Interstellar Owl posted:

Does anyone know any BnB combos/setups or anything for Joker? Like someone said previously, the TYM thread for him is retarded and it's people that are trying to max his combos in insane ways.

Best thing you could do is watch this guy's past streams. He mains Joker in ranked games and has some pretty good combos and setups that you can figure out just by seeing them.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

I have finally discovered how to punish Flash's Lightning Charge when playing Catwoman. :getin:

NO, my only weakness. :ohdear:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

AGHGHG This game really needs a system in place to punish turtling. Sick of being the guy always doing the all work.

Turtling won't mean anything once Batgirl is released. That teleport... :getin:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

What if I told you that before now, I never knew I could combo from a d1? Would you think less of me?

Thanks for the advice, at any rate. I'll try those combos out next chance I get.

I kept expecting some kind of punish every time I lightning charged. It never happened once. You lied and made me scared, man. :saddowns:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

Nothing wrong with it.

Except that there's no top hat. :mad:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
My PS3 sometimes freezes when I try to look for rooms to join.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Eat it, Deathstrokes. :smug:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Yes! No Lex nerfs!

Lex is a playable character? News to me!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

There's apparently a new costume for Catwoman, Harley, and Wonder Woman in the new patch (although I don't get why they wouldn't advertise that with the Bane outfit): http://testyourmight.com/threads/amecomi-skins-also-in-1-03-patch-of-injustice.32826/

Edit: On second thought, that guy may have extracted the file data from the patch, much like the guy who initially found the references to Lobo and Batgirl.

At least some of you guys are getting new costumes. If I want one for Flash, I have to three-star Star Labs. :eng99:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Oh Flash, how could I ever leave you? There's nothing like beating a Deathstroke spammer using only lightning charges. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dosvidanya posted:

Here's something you can do right now in Ranked:

Pick batgirl, stay max distance and get fireballed until you have 1 bar of meter (or you know, punch them at the beginning), let them get comfortable and then dd3 mb, j2 b12 d2 bf1, 1, mb, d2, bf1, 1, mb, until they die.

Someone needs to go on a rampage with this and screenshot every message they get afterwards.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Boon is teasing an announcement for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/336977935187705856

Granted, he says MK but it could be the next DLC character.

Ughhh let it be a surprise Marvel character instead of Scorpion.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

If you support the DLC now, it's more incentive for them to keep creating more. SPEND SPEND SPEND.

Flash costumes. :mad:

PS3 goon room tonight? :shobon:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Blast Fantasto posted:

You've already got FOUR flash costumes!

Doomsday, Sinestro and Black Adam still just have two!

Armorless Flash and big antlers Flash don't count. Where's my Professor Zoom or Kid Flash or Impulse costume?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I want a costume that removes Flash from the game. That would be the best one.

So a Crisis Flash costume.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Everybody knows the only true noob character is The Flash. :flashfact:

Them's fighting words! :mad:

Can't stay tonight, will have to put my Batgirl in the freezer for now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

So turns out EVERY time my cat dash gets blocked I immediately do a d3.

I know this perfectly well, yet I can't do anything to punish that with Flash! :mad:

With Batgirl, on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm going to bed before this finishes uploading, but once it's done in an hour or two click here if you wanna see gannyGrabber expose me for the fraud I am:

http://youtu.be/7bTeKXIyfDw

I know I've played against you before (Flash player in goon room) and I found this strange every time I saw you, but... man, you really need to start using your meter, even if it's just to squeeze out some extra damage out of your charges/command grabs. I thought you were saving it for some level 3's but it doesn't look like it judging from this video. :psyduck:

• Locked thread